TID=4293 SID=65266
Converted to hexadecimal
TID=A7BF SID=FEF2
A7BF xor FEF2=594D
Ignore the first number D
594 Converted into decimal 1428
TSV=1428
-------
PSV=int((PID HighID xor PID LowID) / 16)

PID= D5418C05 HighID=D541 LowID=8C05
D541 xor 8C05=5944
Ignore the first number 4
594 Converted into decimal 1428
PSV=1428

Foxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could you add an "Illegal Mode", like when you rename PKHeX to PKHaX?

Btw great app, I just tried yesterday and it worked nicely.

D

Deleted User

So I've been working on this for a little while and was giving update on the 3FHex's projects thread, but this is now getting to the state where it deserves its own thread. So here is my latest project : PCHex, a homebrew port of PKHex.

Screenshot for good measure

The project has been advancing steadily since I started, what it can do right now is :
- Load a save directly from cartridge / software
- Access the box data and the pokemons inside
- Edit the Pokemons (Currently you can edit EVs/IVs, Experience and PID (including shinify)
- Export the save to the SD Card (Not exporting directly to save data just yet for security reasons)

It's coded in C, is open-sourced, and has a shitty terminal-based UI so far
It's still very WIP, so bear that in mind when testing !

Current short term goals are :
- Finish Pokemon editing, so that you can change a bit more about the pokemons
- Import and insert PK6 Files, maybe export them.
- Export the savefile directly back to software

On the longer term, I'll probably start working on a graphical UI, and maybe start taking suggestions on what to do next.

For those interested in trying it out, I uploaded the latest version on the post just down below, just extract in your 3ds folder and run with homebrew launcher.
The save is extracted to /3ds/PCHex/, you'll have to uses some other utility to inject it for now

If anyone wants to help, I'll direct you to the github repo

That's all for now, thanks for reading and please leave any feedback you have !

- Fixed Edit window titles
- Fixed missing letter 'l' in edit windows

- Added Editing for Species, Moves, Held items and Pokeballs with a special UI
- Added Pokemon Form handling, should now display correct stats
- Added Direct Export to game
- Added automatic save backups

- Added 'Manage' tab for saving and copypasting pokés (AKA cloning)
- Removed 'Select' Key to save (it was causing crashes)
- Fixed Some pokéballs not displaying the correct name
- Tentative to fix problem where PCHex can't load the save archive
- Added Pokérus value editing
- Added gender Switching
- Added Legal ability editing
- Added Moves displaying
- Fixed PID rerolling and shinifying changing gender
- Added some debug messages for troubleshooting
This is looking good! Once it is complete, let me know if you would like me to record a video or take screenshots of it with my capture card!

VaiCorinthians

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
I was thinking here, and saw that the blargSnes homebrew, accepts the touch screen function. It would be possible in future versions of PCHex, have the same function? It would help a lot to edit the pokemon. :yaynds:

Foxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was thinking here, and saw that the blargSnes homebrew, accepts the touch screen function. It would be possible in future versions of PCHex, have the same function? It would help a lot to edit the pokemon. :yaynds:

He actually has "graphical UI" as a long term goal on the OP. But for now he's focusing on finishing pokémon editing which is still missing basic stuff (you can't nickname, foreign characters get messed, etc).

Reactions: VaiCorinthians

VaiCorinthians

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
He actually has "graphical UI" as a long term goal on the OP. But for now he's focusing on finishing pokémon editing which is still missing basic stuff (you can't nickname, foreign characters get messed, etc).
There really is still small details to be added. I think nature and nickname are the next goals. But now I just have to thank for this homebrew so cool and helpful.

Reactions: Seclendor

Stracker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's practically impossible to handle foreign characters in the 3ds terminal UI, I won't be touching that until i'm starting with a graphical UI.
I'll probably do a nickname thing but it'll be very basic, letters and numbers and a few other chars, since typing isn't at the best place either

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't wait to try it.
It works well, but can't edit natures. So to anybody who wants to use natures in 0.4.1 just use PKHex to make a hatched Pokémon of every competitive nature you want and use PCHex's clipboard (copy/paste) function to make a clone, paste it, then just edit from there.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works well, but can't edit natures. So to anybody who wants to use natures in 0.4.1 just use PKHex to make a hatched Pokémon of every competitive nature you want and use PCHex's clipboard (copy/paste) function to make a clone, paste it, then just edit from there. Ignore the relearn (egg moves) section too, because that's not used in legality checking.

It is used. I've had pokemon with incorrect eggs moves and they couldn't be traded.

Back on topic:
For the long term "UI", I'm imagining the pokemon boxes showing on the bottom screen and when you view a pokemon in the box, its info appears on the top screen to be edited. You'll be able to set, delete, or view much like PKHex.

Minecraftlol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Tried it, it works but I'm not sure how to set OT and original game ID. Can you make it so the pokemon is in the pokedex?

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tried it, it works but I'm not sure how to set OT and original game ID. Can you make it so the pokemon is in the pokedex?
If it doesn't register by simply changing species then resaving try this:

- resave
- (optional) open game to confirm
- put the mons on your pokebank
- save within bank
- (no need to start game here - just go right back in) take them out of bank
- save again
> they should now be registered.

It's a trick I picked up back in the Spider days with Ramsav. If that does fail then ignore the "no need to" etc bit and do do that.

Minecraftlol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If it doesn't register by simply changing species then resaving try this:

- resave
- (optional) open game to confirm
- put the mons on your pokebank
- save within bank
- (no need to start game here - just go right back in) take them out of bank
- save again
> they should now be registered.

It's a trick I picked up back in the Spider days with Ramsav. If that does fail then ignore the "no need to" etc bit and do do that.
Yes I see your point, but bank is a paid service, and pokemon like Volcanion can't go in bank

Hollow_Dragonite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I see your point, but bank is a paid service, and pokemon like Volcanion can't go in bank

They actually can (used it to move a hacked hoopa, volcanion, and eternal floette from one game to another), but if you leave then withdraw them from the daycare, they should register in the pokedex.

Foxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They actually can (used it to move a hacked hoopa, volcanion, and eternal floette from one game to another), but if you leave then withdraw them from the daycare, they should register in the pokedex.

And if you need mass registering like Bank could do, the latest version of PKHeX auto-registers them if you import them as boxdata/pcdata.bin, so you can just export your entire box data then re-import it.

GrimReaper1724

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to add a way to change the Trainer ID and the OT?

And also have it where you can change the region. Like say you want a pidgey with transfer moves from kanto. Lol

Last edited by GrimReaper1724,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want...