PC GTA V Release Date Pushed Back

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Tom Bombadildo, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    GTAV.jpg

Rockstar announced earlier in 2014 that they would be porting GTA V to next gen consoles and to PC. GTA V was originally going to be released late in January, but Rockstar has now announced that they'll be pushing back the release to March 24th.

I'm glad they're making sure this port is nice quality, but a little disappointed at the same time. Ah well, what can you do?

:arrow:Source

2. Flame

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    what ever they need to fix... just release it and the modders community will fix it in 2 days Rockstar!

GIVE ME GTA V NAO!

3. aofelix

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    gta iv was an unoptimized mess.

I honestly don't have strong faith in rockstar to develop a good port.

In my mind, I'm thinking I either buy this game 1-2 years down the road when overpowered PC hardware can make up for shitty coding (what I did with GTA IV) or I buy it for PS4/XB1

4. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    Everyone's whining about the push back, but here I am, glad to see more honest PC requirements. This latest potato generation has caused a lot of publishers to put out erroneous requirements and sometimes completely random and uninformative ones.

5. Nemix77

Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    I hate all Grand Theft Auto games, mindless violence and no creativity with no real gaming objective...trying hard to simulate life when you can just go outside and live it (minus the violence of course).

6. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i am confused with the word "pushing back" shouldn't be pushing forward in time? or does my brain requires plumbing because the trash gathered from eof and other places...

7. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Pushing back is delaying, pushing forward is getting the game quicker to the market.

R* is trying to not pull a UbiSoft.

8. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    A risky move, if you ask me. Sure, if the game lives up to expectations, all will be forgiven. But I have some serious doubts. I mean...the game has been out for 16 months (on PS3/xbox360), and the PS4/xbone have even more similarities to a normal PC. Just exactly how much more testing is there to be done?

What I'm saying is that I sort of suspect the delay isn't so much for extra testing as it is for marketing reasons. A means to cash in a second (or even a third) time on the same game.

I didn't purchase GTA IV until much later, but if modders "fixed it" in 2 days, then I'd really like to see some proof of that.

9. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Good. I'd MUCH prefer a delay or 2 than have them pull an ubisoft and release unfinished, unoptimised messes like AC: Unity (all platforms) and FC4 (PC).

10. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    True. But they had 1,5 year to optimize the PC version. That's 18 months.... What did they do in that time? Play with their dicks?

It's taking sooo long ffs, at least the specs are decent (for what that's still worth in these times)

11. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Likely they were creating and polishing the console versions that were released late last year, after that they focused on the (much smaller, but more important to me at least) PC market.