OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
GTAV.jpg

Rockstar announced earlier in 2014 that they would be porting GTA V to next gen consoles and to PC. GTA V was originally going to be released late in January, but Rockstar has now announced that they'll be pushing back the release to March 24th.

“Our apologies for the slight shift in the date but the game requires a few extra weeks of testing and polish to make it as good as can be,” Rockstar said in a statement. “Moving a release date is never a decision we take lightly and is a choice we make only when we know it is in the best interests of the game and our fans. Thanks everyone for your understanding and we assure you these few extra weeks will be worth it when the game does arrive in March.”

I'm glad they're making sure this port is nice quality, but a little disappointed at the same time. Ah well, what can you do?

:arrow:Source

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
what ever they need to fix... just release it and the modders community will fix it in 2 days Rockstar!

GIVE ME GTA V NAO!

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
gta iv was an unoptimized mess.

I honestly don't have strong faith in rockstar to develop a good port.

In my mind, I'm thinking I either buy this game 1-2 years down the road when overpowered PC hardware can make up for shitty coding (what I did with GTA IV) or I buy it for PS4/XB1

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone's whining about the push back, but here I am, glad to see more honest PC requirements. This latest potato generation has caused a lot of publishers to put out erroneous requirements and sometimes completely random and uninformative ones.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hate all Grand Theft Auto games, mindless violence and no creativity with no real gaming objective...trying hard to simulate life when you can just go outside and live it (minus the violence of course).

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i am confused with the word "pushing back" shouldn't be pushing forward in time? or does my brain requires plumbing because the trash gathered from eof and other places...

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
i am confused with the word "pushing back" shouldn't be pushing forward in time? or does my brain requires plumbing because the trash gathered from eof and other places...

Pushing back is delaying, pushing forward is getting the game quicker to the market.

R* is trying to not pull a UbiSoft.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A risky move, if you ask me. Sure, if the game lives up to expectations, all will be forgiven. But I have some serious doubts. I mean...the game has been out for 16 months (on PS3/xbox360), and the PS4/xbone have even more similarities to a normal PC. Just exactly how much more testing is there to be done?

What I'm saying is that I sort of suspect the delay isn't so much for extra testing as it is for marketing reasons. A means to cash in a second (or even a third) time on the same game.

what ever they need to fix... just release it and the modders community will fix it in 2 days Rockstar!

GIVE ME GTA V NAO!

I didn't purchase GTA IV until much later, but if modders "fixed it" in 2 days, then I'd really like to see some proof of that.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Good. I'd MUCH prefer a delay or 2 than have them pull an ubisoft and release unfinished, unoptimised messes like AC: Unity (all platforms) and FC4 (PC).

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Good. I'd MUCH prefer a delay or 2 than have them pull an ubisoft and release unfinished, unoptimised messes like AC: Unity (all platforms) and FC4 (PC).

True. But they had 1,5 year to optimize the PC version. That's 18 months.... What did they do in that time? Play with their dicks?

It's taking sooo long ffs, at least the specs are decent (for what that's still worth in these times)

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
True. But they had 1,5 year to optimize the PC version. That's 18 months.... What did they do in that time? Play with their dicks?

It's taking sooo long ffs, at least the specs are decent (for what that's still worth in these times)

Likely they were creating and polishing the console versions that were released late last year, after that they focused on the (much smaller, but more important to me at least) PC market.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.