Hacking Question Payload loader for iOS?

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got it to detect the device:

View attachment 124344

APX is the Nintendo Switch.. Shows up as unsupported accessory atm.. Now that it's detected, I might be able to connect via EASession (so far no luck but I think I'm missing something)..

I am literally getting no love with TTY connection though (Serial Port).
It'd be awesome if you could make a GitHub project, but anyway, it seems like you're on the right track!

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

JustBrandonT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by JustBrandonT,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
iOS developer here.. You do not need to jailbreak to communicate with anything over USB. You also do not need the MFI license either (this license is for hardware certification and development)..

If all you want to do is communicate over USB, then libusb builds for iOS just fine and works (iFunbox used to use it iirc). Also you can use EASession (iOS 3+) from the "ExternalAccessory" framework which you can link to in XCode's framework and library user General tab for your project (https://i.imgur.com/lffgsDS.png). Then you'd have to setup the streams and notifications for devices connecting and disconnecting and sending data.

Again, if you're just doing software stuff like talking to a device, then you don't have to jailbreak. It's also free to get a developer license for personal use to run apps on your phone. You obviously cannot distribute the app but you can distribute the code. You can distribute the app + a script to resign it with another developer account so users can do that.

Edit: It seems computer to USB is much easier than iPhone to some other device (I just tried.. I can communicate from computer to phone.. but can't get the phone to communicate with the switch using the USBC-To-Lightning cable).. weird.
You can't use the same cable for regular use and OTG, the OTG cables have a special feature that allows the phone or other device to recognize it as such and switch into host mode. You need some sort of OTG adapter or cable, with the host end going into the iPhone (that would be the end that the OTG adapter is on if you're using an adapter, if you're using an OTG cable there might not be an easy way to tell)
You may be able to force USB Host mode, at least this was/is possible on Android in some cases.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use the same cable for regular use and OTG, the OTG cables have a special feature that allows the phone or other device to recognize it as such and switch into host mode. You need some sort of OTG adapter or cable, with the host end going into the iPhone (that would be the end that the OTG adapter is on if you're using an adapter, if you're using an OTG cable there might not be an easy way to tell)
You may be able to force USB Host mode, at least this was/is possible on Android in some cases.
something like this?

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shows 3 different versions as different models near the top (2 of them appear to be the same but the 3rd one claims to be compatible with 10.3 and is gray)
ok actually, this thing looks sketchy upon second glance lol. Does it have to be OTG, not just a female to female connector?

JustBrandonT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I already have an OTG cable: https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter

That works fine and the device shows up.. Only issue is that it shows up as an unsupported device (non-MFI device).

Reactions: CuriousTommy

JustBrandonT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am NOT buying that for 50 dollars lol

You don't have to (that's a 2 in one adapter). I already had one lying around (I had broken it, I took it to Apple and showed them the cable straw out and they gave me that one). Apple has another one where it is just the camera part. Also note: That is Canadian Currency!

Of course there's cheaper ones on Amazon. I was just saying the above is the one I've got and I don't wanna have to wait to order a third party one.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me find a good lightning to otg adapter? Not the apple ones cause theyre way too expensive, but something on amazon. I'm looking through lots of stuff but they either dont support ios 10.3+ or they are just sketchy looking.

would this work, or does it have to be the other way around?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
can someone help me find a good lightning to otg adapter? Not the apple ones cause theyre way too expensive, but something on amazon. I'm looking through lots of stuff but they either dont support ios 10.3+ or they are just sketchy looking.

would this work, or does it have to be the other way around?
That's just a OTG card reader. It can't function as an OTG adapter.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I snagged an OTG (micro-male -USB fem) for $7.99 from BestBuy; I'll see what I can figure out, unless you have done this from when you last posted.
I haven't had a chance to check out @JustBrandonT 's code, let alone test it, since I don't have an OTG connector.

Also, I'm not sure how you plan to use a micro male connector...? You would need a lightning cable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: though my mom has documents here on my pc