Chrischuck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So
I got a switch that was believed to be bad USB. However as it turns out usb and battery are fine. After talking to previous owner they had it on atmosphere and used a rcm dongle. However, the rcm loader battery is now dead and there ad card was said to be no good so they took it out. I can see it on my computer using tegra. Tegra says apx driver missing and fails when installing it. Not sure where to start from here. Rebuild an SD card for it and try to push a payload. Is there a way to load ofw and possibly start over?
Post automatically merged:

Looking at this more I'm almost positive it's stuck in rcm. Trying to figure out if I can restore system or if I have to send some kind of payload or possibly rebuild SD card first.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
... and there ad card was said to be no good so they took it out.
What's an ad card? Have you tried holding the power button for 25 seconds to fully turn off the Switch (if it is in RCM)? Then turn on the Switch normally (no jig) and see what happens. Also, the RCM Loader dongle doesn't need a long time to charge it up just a little bit (maybe 5 minutes), enough to push a payload. Then you can charge it fully again, for a few hours. That's what I do when mine's battery goes flat.

Chrischuck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's an ad card? Have you tried holding the power button for 25 seconds to fully turn off the Switch (if it is in RCM)? Then turn on the Switch normally (no jig) and see what happens. Also, the RCM Loader dongle doesn't need a long time to charge it up just a little bit (maybe 5 minutes), enough to push a payload. Then you can charge it fully again, for a few hours. That's what I do when mine's battery goes flat.
Sorry mistyped meant SD card. Tried some of the normal things holding power button etc. Took apart the rcm dongle and tested voltage on battery and it looks completely dead. Tried charging for a couple hours and still dead. Hooked up switch to computer and installed a few different things like tegra. Tegra sees the switch as rcm device. Not sure but I feel like I could push some payload to it possibly to get it to start in the cfw but not sure what as well as I assume I need to put things on the SD card first. Unfortunately the previous owner said the SD card he had went bad so I am not sure what was on there. He did say he used atmosphere.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try to push Hekate payload. It will still display something on your screen, even without the SD card present. At least you'll know everything works. Then, just rebuild a new SD card.

Chrischuck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a Windows PC? Try using this

Then you will see stuff happening when pushing your payload.
Tried tegra rcm. It sees the rcm but I can't get the driver to install to connect USB device. I just tried on Mac through web fusee launcher. It connects to the apx device so the switch and prepares to launch the payload but then stays at that.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Tried tegra rcm. It sees the rcm but I can't get the driver to install to connect USB device. I just tried on Mac through web fusee launcher. It connects to the apx device so the switch and prepares to launch the payload but then stays at that.
Ah you probably just need to install this driver - LibuskK https://zadig.akeo.ie/ (same guy that made Rufus)

Chrischuck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing. Now what

What should I do from here. I never modded a switch. Basically don't want it to get stuck again. Should I just wipe it somehow or turn off auto rcm

Attachments

• 17043754108916804174982504149808.jpg
    17043754108916804174982504149808.jpg
    965 KB · Views: 12

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Amazing. Now what

What should I do from here. I never modded a switch. Basically don't want it to get stuck again. Should I just wipe it somehow or turn off auto rcm
Sweeet!

Let me give you a guide to follow :)

I guess it's an Erista, so follow this guide - https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

EDIT: DONT TURN OFF AUTORCM!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol