Paul Feig and Sony know GHOSTBUSTERS SUCKS! PROOF!

Are you going to see the female Ghostbusters in Theaters?

• Yes, They Deserve My Money

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • No, After All The Insults They Don't Deserve a Cent Of My Money

Votes: 62 87.3%

• Total voters

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also thought the original trailer for the ghost busters was so fall out my chair funny i had to time travel back to 1984 to see it premiere week too

you guys did it, you guys convinced me... Ghostbusters 2016 is THE ABSOLUTE WORST MOVIE OF ALL TIME before word of mouth from early viewer or even before the movie came out
i dont need to go see it
i can just judge every movie from tiny trailer clips
and i dont have to watch movies because actors and actresses dont have the right to express their own opinions

ecartman12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By yupyupyup's logic all those that have disliked these three GB2016 videos are "woman-haters" and "MRA/KKK members". Or you know, it's just terrible.

They could have at least made a new game like the one from 2009 but instead they'll be releasing a rehash based on Sanctum of Slime.

Now, check this out, the title of the two games:

2009 - Ghostbusters: The Video Game
2016 - Ghostbusters: Video Game

It's obvious they're trying to mislead people into thinking it's the 2009 game improved but it isn't.

I doubt they are trying to piggy back off the game. People are usually aware if there is more than one Ghostbusters game and the difference in graphics will make it blatantly obvious. It's the movie they are trying to make the new generation watch over the original.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

you guys did it, you guys convinced me... Ghostbusters 2016 is THE ABSOLUTE WORST MOVIE OF ALL TIME before word of mouth from early viewer or even before the movie came out
i dont need to go see it
and i dont have to watch movies because actors and actresses dont have the right to express their own opinions

You're really desperate. lol

I doubt they are trying to piggy back off the game.
They are trying to piggyback on the game as they are with the original movie itself. Ecartman, you made that video? I have my doubts as you don't seem that knowledgeable about it.

Really, Internet? Really?
SJWs and Feminists get triggered by basically anything.

Anyone noticed what the new TV Spots contained? Yep, a female Slimer. Paul Feig sure loves pandering to the feminists.

VW6Sv1k.jpg

Reactions: Deleted User

ecartman12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't feel they're trying to make a good movie for fans to enjoy, I don't think they're trying to nostalgia pander, or even appeal to feminists. At this point they're just trying to incite a bunch of fucking drama into the Internet.
It's fairly smart too - all the "movie sucks" responses are considered "SEXISM!" or Trump supporters, ignoring any possible criticism past "the characters are female so it sucks" so all those same feminists will probably watch it... Then realize it fucking sucks.

And, yeah, I'll jump on the "sexist" train here too - to be honest, the female cast does feel like a desperate pandering attempt. Rule 63ing all the main characters wasn't a good move by any means, and making them all female was bad as well. Star Wars did a nice job with having a diverse cast without inciting drama.
Exactly. Star Wars did it much better. Also if the movie sucks I guarantee you the people who are defending this movie will still rate it a 10/10 and deny anything was bad about it.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Star Wars did it much better.
And that's how they should have done here too but this is a Paul Feig & Melissa McCarthy™ Production so can't actually expect a serious, honest and true reboot/sequel. This is a parody about Ghostbusters and a remake too.

ecartman12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're really desperate. lol

They are trying to piggyback on the game as they are with the original movie itself. Ecartman, you made that video? I have my doubts as you don't seem that knowledgeable about it.

SJWs and Feminists get triggered by basically anything.

Anyone noticed what the new TV Spots contained? Yep, a female Slimer. Paul Feig sure loves pandering to the feminists.

VW6Sv1k.jpg
A female Slimer could be smart but judging by the ridiculous advertisements that have been so unfunny I bet this will be a missed opportunity aswell.

Reactions: Deleted User
S

Saiyan Lusitano

A female Slimer could be smart but judging by the ridiculous advertisements that have been so unfunny I bet this will be a missed opportunity aswell.
Slimer was genderless until this movie showed up so it's hard to make something that was genderless to be a "smart" female. The female part should be in quotes too because they just edited the original Slimer and added feminine touches to it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Two more scenes from GB2016:

If it wasn't bad enough, they even included the FOB Ghostbusters song on the movie itself.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

As nobody seems to have mentioned it yet:
Leaked Sony emails (https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/104704) seem to indicate that they had to threaten Bill Murray in order for him to appear in GB2016
The expression on Bill Murray's face at Jimmy Kimmel with the GB2016 cast looked very depressing and as if he didn't want to be there. Then again, it's also because Murray's stubbornness that Ghostbusters 3 was never made albeit they could have killed his character and make the film anyway.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also thought the original trailer for the ghost busters was so fall out my chair funny i had to time travel back to 1984 to see it premiere week too

i dont need to go see it

So... I'm confused, do you just go to every single movie ever and then decide if you like it or not? Because how can you choose which movies to watch when apparently you don't let previews affect your opinion at all. How do you determine which video games you want to buy? Surely trailers and previews can't indicate to you if a video game looks like its fun or lame. I'm also curious what you think the purpose of trailers are then if we aren't supposed to make judgements of the media in question based on the trailers, what possible purpose could they be serving? Face it, you're wrong, we have every right to judge a film based on a trailer, that's how I've operated my whole life in deciding which movies I want to see and which I do not. And you know what? This method of judging which films will be good or not, has worked out phenominally for me in my life. I can only think of one or maybe two exceptions where I was wrong about a movie not looking good from the trailer and then it turned out to be pretty good. But I can tell this is not one of those films, these trailers don't just look bad, they look awful. I just find it so crazy that I've operated like this my entire life and no one has given me crap for it (probably because just about everyone else operates this way), but because this film stars women, suddenly my whole way of utilizing trailers is wrong and has been wrong my whole life.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I'm confused, do you just go to every single movie ever and then decide if you like it or not? Because how can you choose which movies to watch when apparently you don't let previews affect your opinion at all. How do you determine which video games you want to buy? Surely trailers and previews can't indicate to you if a video game looks like its fun or lame. I'm also curious what you think the purpose of trailers are then if we aren't supposed to make judgements of the media in question based on the trailers, what possible purpose could they be serving? Face it, you're wrong, we have every right to judge a film based on a trailer, that's how I've operated my whole life in deciding which movies I want to see and which I do not. And you know what? This method of judging which films will be good or not, has worked out phenominally for me in my life. I can only think of one or maybe two exceptions where I was wrong about a movie not looking good from the trailer and then it turned out to be pretty good. But I can tell this is not one of those films, these trailers don't just look bad, they look awful. I just find it so crazy that I've operated like this my entire life and no one has given me crap for it (probably because just about everyone else operates this way), but because this film stars women, suddenly my whole way of utilizing trailers is wrong and has been wrong my whole life.

Ill but it into terms of video games and books and even people, you cant judge it by its cover...
only when you see/experience it fully only then can you judge it.
does anyone remember Wind Waker? Does anyone remember the judgment it recieved before even being played? well it turns out that was the best 3d zelda according to the same people.
does anyone know about the black guy who was shot by police for no wrong doing other than having a different shade of skin?
was the original trailer not catering to men at all? segourney weaver... c'mon...
theres no real proof to say fieg or sony knows it sucks.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill but it into terms of video games and books and even people, you cant judge it by its cover...
only when you see/experience it fully only then can you judge it.
does anyone remember Wind Waker? Does anyone remember the judgment it recieved before even being played? well it turns out that was the best 3d zelda according to the same people.
does anyone know about the black guy who was shot by police for no wrong doing other than having a different shade of skin?
was the original trailer not catering to men at all? segourney weaver... c'mon...

Like I said, maybe once or twice I was wrong on judging a film based on the trailer, but 99% of the time my initial reaction based on the trailers turns out to be accurate. That's the kind of consistency I can absolutely count on. And I guarantee you, this new Ghostbusters is not the film equivalent of Windwaker. So please, can you explain to me what you believe the purpose of a trailer is if it isn't to sell the movie (or equivalent form of media) to you, cuz apparently I've been using them all wrong, not realizing I was supposed to disregard every trailer.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can remember, Fellowship Of The Ring was also a domestic BOMB, raking in only 40mil opening, it was the success overseas that made people realize it was actually a good movie.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Except it's quite clear there is, starting from Sony literally threatening to sue the pants off the original cast if they didn't speak favorably of the film, to them deleting legitimate criticism off the trailer's Youtube comment section, making sure only the "sexist" comments remained, in order to give the public the impression that everyone who disliked the movie was nothing but a woman-hater.

If they were certain they were making an actually good film, there would be no need to go through all these hoops to make the movie look good. Quality speaks for itself, and had they made a legitimately good Ghostbusters remake/reboot/sequel, I'm sure the story would be different. They know they fucked up the movie, they're trying not to fuck up their marketing campaign (have you, by any chance, noticed the sudden spike in all the "GO SEE GHOSTBUSTERS 2016 AND BATHE IN MEN'S TEARS" articles as of late? Guess who's behind that.), and they're going to try and sell as many movie tickets as they can to artificially increase the sale numbers for the movie in order to pretend it was a commercial success. I mean, they're even giving out a digital download for the movie with the upcoming videogame - which as far as I know is completely unrelated to the film. Who does that in this day and age?

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4