Patreon backers: How to setup your Profile Page cover photo (BETA)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New Patreon-exclusive feature: Profile Page cover photos

cover_1.PNG cover_2.PNG

We have a new feature for our patrons! You can now display a custom image on your Profile Page.
  • To set up your profile cover photo you can click 'Upload Cover' on your profile page (or via your user menu/preferences page).
  • Maximum file size is 1MB and landscape images will work best.
  • You can position your cover photo by clicking the top left button on your cover photo (desktop only).
  • It goes without saying that the standard forum etiquette and rules apply, please choose suitable photos or they will be removed without warning by staff :)
Please note this feature is in beta and may be changed, removed, disabled without warning!

As always please let me know of any bugs encountered, glitches.

Known bugs:
  • The image will sometimes not render properly after repositioning the image. This can be fixed by repositioning or reuploading. It may require you to clear your browser cache. No idea why this happens and will look into it properly one day but it doesn't always happen!
  • Page display breaks quite badly if the image fails to load

Deleted member 397813

Global Dingus
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone think this would be better if your regular profile info isn't overlayed on the image? Just have the banner as a separate block above? Height may have to be reduced.
i think the banners should probably be a bit shorter

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does anyone think this would be better if your regular profile info isn't overlayed on the image? Just have the banner as a separate block above? Height may have to be reduced.
i see you just updated it ;)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Will the temp become the next myspace/gaiaonline? =O
I'm waiting for the update that will allow for song playback in profiles.

Anyway... I would like to add a nice preverted oppai rich picture to my profile... Sadly I don't any of the ones I currently have would be allowed here. :'(

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nice little feature! Though the drag feature is a little broken I think. It doesn't let me drag freely. Is the dragging limited?

EDIT: Never mind. I'm a dumb dumb. :3

Last edited by SkittleDash,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
What if you set the info block to 50% opacity?
EDIT: Also, strengthen the drop shadow around the avatar for better contrast.

Last edited by smileyhead,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh wow, I was just thinking the other day that it would be awesome to be able to set custom profile backgrounds to complete the custom look, but I didn't expect that it would actually be added, due to the increased bandwidth usage, and my wish has now been granted. Although, it would be nice to be able to set it to actually cover the entire background. I've got some nice wallpapers that would work well for that.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I am unable to upload a new image.
It will say success but will still display the old image.

Tried several different images, refreshed cache, deleted cache, delete the cover image, refresh and upload again, nothing will do.
The old image will be stubborn and stay.

EDIT: Accidentally replaced it by god knows how by one of the random image I tried.
Now I am unable to get the one I actually want to be uploaded. arrrrgh XD

Last edited by VinsCool,

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
This is awesome! I think it's okay to keep it like it is. I kind of like the profile info being overlaid on the image. After all, it's a cover photo and not just a picture that you wanna stick on there. I think it blends in well this way.

Great job as always Shaun!

Reactions: shaunj66

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users