Hacking Patching region-free directly into Home Menu (arm9loaderhax or EmuNAND only)

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, not really...

I can use any other region free method, no black box.

Use home menu patch, black boxes?

I'm being told that it's because I have something installed to nand wrongly but it seems to me as I have only this issue with this tweak that it's more likely that the tweak has a bug that needs to be addressed than something I did.
No. Rxtools showed he same black box for me before using this patch. Definitely not this patches problem.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you would download it with something like 3DNUS, use deep CIA decryption with Decrypt9, do the patches and things, encrypt NCCH, and install.
b-but i can't open decrypt9... It flashes a red screen on the bottom and goes back to the homebrew launcher..

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sweet! that saves me so much time. Thanks dude

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you have arm9loaderhax use the arm9loaderhax build of decrypt9.
yyyyeaahhhhhhh, that'd be the problem xDD ]
I'm still new to even having arm9
I keep forgetting i have it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope. I used that file on mine and it works fine. It's just a system title patch, like agb firm
you are on 10.7 right? cuz that's a 10.5 patch

Shuttleu

Trophies
XP
Country
tried the following edits to AuReiNand

patches.c
Code:
const u8 regionPattern[16] = {0x00, 0x00, 0x55, 0xE3, 0x01, 0x10, 0xA0, 0xE3, 0x11, 0x00, 0xA0, 0xE1, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0A};
const u8 regionFree[16] = {0x01, 0x00, 0xA0, 0xE3, 0x70, 0x80, 0xBD, 0xE8, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00};

void getRegionLoc(void *pos, u32 size, u32 *off){
    *off = (u32)memsearch(pos, regionPattern, size, 16);
}
patches.h
Code:
const u8 regionPattern[16];
const u8 regionFree[16];

void getRegionLoc(void *pos, u32 size, u32 *off);
firm.c (patchFirm)
Code:
u32 regionOffset = 0;
getRegionLoc(firmLocation, firmSize, &regionOffset);
memcpy((void *)regionOffset, regionFree, sizeof(regionFree));

It compiles fine, but doesn't boot; Just sits on the splash screen.

Last edited by Shuttleu,

Zedjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, can you elaborate so I understand? Do other users have this when using this new patch? I don't have this problem with NTR. I would have expected to see this black box when using NTR and home menu patch?

Yes, I know that at least two others of us have had the problem. As ihaveamac and squee666 said, check your NAND for titles that shouldn't be there. Anything that is listed as an APP and not SYSTEM or TWL is in the wrong place. I had both Dev Menu (because I installed on BBM and it installs to NAND by default) and for some reason the demo for MK7 on mine. I'd recommend double checking your NAND to make sure you don't have anything wonky on it.

Last edited by Zedjones,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way to get out of region dlc working with this? I installed both files for the region free patching and game updates work but not dlc. Using a copy of rxtools 3.0 beta 2 to try this out so i was thinking if this was installed there would be no reason to use ntr anymore for out of region dlc.

Last edited by cvskid,

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Thanks to everyone who insisted that my blackbox problem was indeed my problem i.e. titles installed to nand that shouldn't be there...

Anyways there is a quick 20min fix for this;
-back up problematic emunand using emunand tool
-find a spare mem card and inject problematic emunand to it, this mem card should have no Nintendo 3ds folder or a clean one
-use decrypt 9 to inject fbi to health and saftey in emunand
-use fbi emunand to install bigblue menu
-use bigblue menu to delete the CTR-x-xxxx files located on nand
-after a reboot check black box is gone and use decrypt 9 to restore health and safety app and use emunand tool again to move fixed emunand to problematic emunand card

By using a new card with a few Nintendo 3DS folder, the problematic files stick out like a sore thumb in BigBlue making it easier to identify:)

Thanks again ihaveamac and daxtsu

Cheers

Last edited by democracy,
Reactions: ihaveahax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny