Hacking Patching region-free directly into Home Menu (arm9loaderhax or EmuNAND only)

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how does this work exactly? I just got my a9lh installed and realized none of my out of region games will boot..
Can I download and install this CIA and have that issue resolved? Or is there some other way to play these games now?
Kinda miss the native OOR support from rxTools </3

Darktalon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you mean OOR dlc for games of your region then no

But if you mean OOR DLC for OOR Games .

Say the Translated Jap FE Fates + DLC both OOR

then yes
For this exact example, JP Game and JP DLC, on a EUR N3DS, what plugin do I put inside the titleid folder? Do I use langemu_jp or do I use langemu_en_europe?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For this exact example, JP Game and JP DLC, on a EUR N3DS, what plugin do I put inside the titleid folder? Do I use langemu_jp or do I use langemu_en_europe?
JP Game -> langemu_jp

As long as the Game itself isnt Patched to be Region Free you dont need the Langemu plugin

The region free home menu is enough

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So when the next update will be released what will happen if I update? Will it brick or will only lose the region free?

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if you aren't using the spoofed version, it should just be replaced with an unmodified Home Menu/NS.
I don't know if I should use it... Anyway I think that it's better to setup an emunand and enable region free on it as I'm using 10.7 sysnand with arm9loaderhax

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I should use it... Anyway I think that it's better to setup an emunand and enable region free on it as I'm using 10.7 sysnand with arm9loaderhax
it's up to you if you want to use it, if you're using arm9loaderhax you can use it on your sysnand safely. you could also use other patches to enable region-free such as NTR CFW, Free multi Patcher, and regionFOUR/HANS.

Reactions: astronautlevel

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great!! Thanks for this.

Odd problem I am having though, I installed 10.6 U spoofed and now I have black boxes on home screen. I just doubled check and restored emunand and ran NTR, no black boxes? Why would I have black boxes with the RF home menu patch and not NTR? Odd?
Typically this means I have titles installed to namd but not on SD but I have always been carful with that sort of thing. Error with the home menu patch?

Last edited by democracy,
Reactions: tiduscrying

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: