Homebrew Pasta CFW autobooter?

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest RXTools has Pasta integrated with it, but I'd bet if you just want pure pasta, you could use themehax to boot it directly.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can cold boot into it. It takes a few seconds but it really helps. https://gbatemp.net/threads/ctrbootmanager-3ds-boot-manager-loader-homemenuhax.398383/ download this and before you put it on the root rename your boot.3dsx to boot_hb.3dsx. Make sure menuhax is installed. Now, whenever menuhax is booted, you have 2 options: Homebrew launcher or pasta, or in my case rxmode.

Edit: Yea use emunand it's better. Why are you using pasta? Rxtools and reinand are like the same thing but can spoof firmware and wont brick.

Last edited by Giodude,

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
OP
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
The latest RXTools has Pasta integrated with it, but I'd bet if you just want pure pasta, you could use themehax to boot it directly.
Well sometimes i might need the hbl laucher so i cant replace the boot file.

And a boot manager at first glance looks too complicated.

And for emunand i dont know if tinyformat will give you the choice to format sysnand or emunand.

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States

And for emunand i dont know if tinyformat will give you the choice to format sysnand or emunand.
I don't think you understand. You rename the boot.3dsx in your SD card to boot_hb.3dsx and just drag and drop the boot.3dsx and boot.cfg from CTRBootManager and you're done! You can also edit the boot.cfg in Notepad++ to give it custom settings.

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an awesome guide on here how to go from System to Emunand (from building a new SD Card to installing CFW). It's very clear and concise and will give you the BootManager so you can boot into HBL when you need or autoboot into emunand the rest of the time.

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I am searching for the same thing. You know, using the HBL to boot PastA CFW if you have autoboot menuhax, you get stuck in menuhax loop.

Last edited by tivu100,

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I am searching for the same thing. You know using the HBL to PastA CFW if you have autoboot menuhax, you stuck in menuhax loop when choosing to boot Pasta CFW from HBL.
CTRBootManager

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can use the HBlaunchers with CTRbootmanager. Boot managers are not too complicated, you're simply being lazy.
Given your age and knowledge level regarding these technical things it's really unwise to run a pure pasta system.
You should most definitely run an emunand, as chances are quite high of bricking through user error on pasta when in sysnand.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did it. You can try. You know why the menuhax loop? Becausee Pasta boot SYSNAND and SYSNAND has menuhax autoboot. Asking the solution to break the menuhax loop after choosign Pasta CFW.
Choose the hold L config, that way you hold L to boot into pasta and then just let it go to make sure it doesn't loop. Not the most convenient solution but probably the only one you're going to get

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome