Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway currently doesn't do GBA and DSiWare which PastaCFW can handle. It can also do CIA DLC. That probably includes custom Theme CIAs, so you can even install your custom themes via CIA to they show up in the official theme selection menu! Can't do that with Gateway! Once this has emunand support 3DS rom support from redcard will be the only advantage Gateway has.

Gateway also has the huge advantage of emunand which is the only way you're going to get amiibo support.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so just curious if we use pasta to install a legit CIA then it will run without loading pasta? or does it have to be done in NTR or will neither work

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
you know what i mean if you run pasta then use whatever running from there devmen BBM BRM FBI , install a legit CIA
then you reboot dont run ninjhax, pasta, will it run
Yes they would. BUT do you understand that you don't need pasta, bbm, brm to install legit cias in the first place?

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
you know what i mean if you run pasta then use whatever running from there devmen BBM BRM FBI , install a legit CIA
then you reboot dont run ninjhax, pasta, will it run

Yeah, you will be able to run them..., but devmenu BBM BRM FBI will not be able to be launched withouth signature patching (Or before launching Pasta CFW). FBI has a 3dsx version able to be launched through Homebrew Launcher/Ninjhax, so you don't have to launch the CFW to install legit CIAs

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes they would. BUT do you understand that you don't need pasta, bbm, brm to install legit cias in the first place?

yes of course i am a GW user so i never used PBT or palantine or NTR so i wasn't sure if they did something this didn't to make them work

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ok so currently i already have gateway 3ds. If later onwards theres a MSET port for pastaCFW, i would assume that GW users without CN will also be able to use this exploit? (Installing mset via GW sysnand)

This CFW is awesome =)

Trying to make decission whether i should buy a sky3ds (CN)

CravingCritic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone wanna share the Spider version source that was being worked on? I'll peek around at it and see if I can get it working.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
yes of course i am a GW user so i never used PBT or palantine or NTR so i wasn't sure if they did something this didn't to make them work
Legit cias are unmodified official nintendo software with a universal encryption so that they will run on any system. They usually come bundled with hardware. Like majoras mask and the limited edition mm 3ds.

They don't require sig check patching or piracy enabling, is what I'm getting at. Just a way to install

Reactions: weatMod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv