Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Can't you just install an operating system to a USB drive?
I have installed Ubuntu on my 32 GB USB drive and it works perfectly :)
If you want to use Windows, there are tools that install it straight into the USB drive, but I don't know how well it would perform...
(if you have a slow drive, then I suggest you use Xubuntu or Lubuntu instead)
For some reason, my pc isn't able to boot any usb devices. It can't even boot the ubuntu live cd. It's able to load windows installation disk only. I guess that everything is related to a bad bios flash, which i did just before it stopped working. The sata2usb cable should arrive tuesday, so i can see if the problem is in the hdd itself... Then i'll rma everything

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For some reason, my pc isn't able to boot any usb devices. It can't even boot the ubuntu live cd. It's able to load windows installation disk only. I guess that everything is related to a bad bios flash, which i did just before it stopped working. The sata2usb cable should arrive tuesday, so i can see if the problem is in the hdd itself... Then i'll rma everything
Can't you flash the original BIOS, that is usually included with the CD of the motherboard? Also, try booting in UEFI mode with secure boot disabled or in Legacy mode. You need a 64 bit version to boot in UEFI mode.

Reactions: pakrett

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Hmmm Good luck... Btw I realy like your job, and if I was you I would try a portable version of windows if you can run a windows installation disk, this could work, maybe...

Last edited by pakrett,

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Can't you flash the original BIOS, that is usually included with the CD of the motherboard? Also, try booting in UEFI mode with secure boot disabled or in Legacy mode. You need a 64 bit version to boot in UEFI mode.
I can't reflash the bios because asus easyflash doesn't allow to install older versions. Also, i already have secure boot disabled and i'm using legacy mode...

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Hmmm Good luck... Btw I realy like our job, and if I was you I would try a portable version of windows if you can run a windows installation disk, this could work, maybe...
I tried to do this:
-Boot windows setup disc
-Load the command prompt
-Open notepad.exe
-Using savefile dialog, i copied everything from C:/ to an external HDD. But it copied empty folders only!

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't reflash the bios because asus easyflash doesn't allow to install older versions. Also, i already have secure boot disabled and i'm using legacy mode...
Try booting in UEFI mode instead (you need Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit or newer). If it doesn't work, then you'll have to flash the newest firmware again or wait for an update (or your cable).

Edit: there is also a way to bypass the warning message and downgrade the firmware.

Reactions: pakrett

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to do this:
-Boot windows setup disc
-Load the command prompt
-Open notepad.exe
-Using savefile dialog, i copied everything from C:/ to an external HDD. But it copied empty folders only!

saw something like this

"xcopy e:\source_folder f:\destination_folder /e /i /h"

miguel231991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello, sonic alberto could say that is left to complete cfw pasta and toss ?, thanks friend

PS: you are Spanish at Alberto.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is looking peachy here. I've been playing with the region free stuff, and had no avail. Apparently region lockout isn't working for me, heh. I'm determined, though.

Edit: Also, can someone link me to sysUpdater? I could have swore it was a homebrew, but can't find it for he life of me.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Everything is looking peachy here. I've been playing with the region free stuff, and had no avail. Apparently region lockout isn't working for me, heh. I'm determined, though.

Edit: Also, can someone link me to sysUpdater? I could have swore it was a homebrew, but can't find it for he life of me.
Here you go.

Reactions: Slushie3DS

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France

I wish you good luck !

The 0.3 if you are affraid ^^ : sysupdater

Reactions: Slushie3DS

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, friend.

Edit: Here's to risky business. It needed mono to run, which I am always weary of using. Can someone double check the text fields for me? The thread didn't do that good of a job explaining, but I think I got it correct.
34exi8p.png

Last edited by Slushie3DS,

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried to do this:
-Boot windows setup disc
-Load the command prompt
-Open notepad.exe

Might I suggest trying PLOP Boot Manager?

It can make even old PCs with no BIOS support for USB booting run stuff from USB. Maybe it can help with your computer as well.

Also, you can easily overwrite an old or broken BIOS with DOS-based flashers, and you can even bypass the checks in ASUSes EZFlash on some motherboards with the right modifications to the BIOS, if you want to flash an older version. Tell me your exact board model number if you'd like me to take a look into it for you.

CravingCritic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I flashed a bad BIOS update on a FoxConn board once. Ended up using an odd method of recovering it. Put the older BIOS update on a flash drive, then shorted two pins on the BIOS chip with a screwdriver while booting the PC to make it force update the BIOS software. Not sure if something similar could be achieved on your mobo.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I flashed a bad BIOS update on a FoxConn board once. Ended up using an odd method of recovering it. Put the older BIOS update on a flash drive, then shorted two pins on the BIOS chip with a screwdriver while booting the PC to make it force update the BIOS software. Not sure if something similar could be achieved on your mobo.
Though shorting data pins to corrupt the main block of the BIOS while it's loaded into RAM is an interesting idea, that relies on timing for most boards. Few have DMI blocks separate from the EEPROM, which is required to make it work under that means. If your DMI block isn't accessible, you can't recover your board through software either, after all. You can usually do SPI flashes though, and if your BIOS chip is socketed, you could use a Willem programmer to flash the raw code to it. It's all a bunch of different pains in the ass no matter how you look at it really. Best to soft-flash it through DOS while the possibility is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I'm NEVER horny