Hacking Outdated IOS 57 on my vWii (Wii U) causes black screen

Sassaf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have WiiU with Homebrew Channel installed on the vWii. I was playing around with WiiMod Lite and I believe I accidentally overwrote the built in IOS 57, version 6175 with the latest one in NUS, 5919. Unfortuntely, this seems to have caused Just Dance 2014 (legit disc) to stop working and just freeze with a black screen on start up. I stupidly did not do a NAND dump before I did this (nor, did I know to do this until after the fact). Is there any way I can get back to the stock version of IOS 57 6175?

Thank you!

Sassaf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, you can use Mocha and ftpiiu-everywhere to restore the files directly and then fix the permissions.
Thank you for the response. Can you give me a rough step-by-step of how i can use these 2 applications to get IOS 57 back to stock state? I am googling around but have am having a hard time understanding how these 2 applications can help. I have them installed on the Homebrew launcher

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

I have WiiU with Homebrew Channel installed on the vWii. I was playing around with WiiMod Lite and I believe I accidentally overwrote the built in IOS 57, version 6175 with the latest one in NUS, 5919. Unfortuntely, this seems to have caused Just Dance 2014 (legit disc) to stop working and just freeze with a black screen on start up. I stupidly did not do a NAND dump before I did this (nor, did I know to do this until after the fact). Is there any way I can get back to the stock version of IOS 57 6175?

Thank you!
You installed a Wii IOS on vWIi, Wii IOSes don't work on Wii U and will crash the console when loaded. Simply reinstalling the vWii IOS should fix it, but as you noticed, you can't get vWii IOS from NUS, they have to be dumped from another Wii U.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you for the response. Can you give me a rough step-by-step of how i can use these 2 applications to get IOS 57 back to stock state? I am googling around but have am having a hard time understanding how these 2 applications can help. I have them installed on the Homebrew launcher
ftpiiu-everywhere is the FTP server that you run on the console so you can use an FTP client on the PC to manage the files.
Mocha is used to unlock access to the vWii memory and to restore the correct permissions to the files after changing them.

Elpunical

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Thank you!
Hi, you can follow the guide at https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/recover-vwii-ioses-channels to force your Wii U to redownload the IOS directly from Nintendo's servers.

Last edited by Elpunical,
Reactions: piratesephiroth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY