Original RE1 (1996) actors reprise their roles for fan film, Resident Evil: Resurrection

The original RE1 is known for kickstarting the iconic franchise that is Resident Evil, which still continues strongly to this day. At the same time, it is also known for having the most cringy and cheesy dialogues and cutscenes of all the franchise. Whether you love them or hate them, the original RE1 is still remembered fondly by many, and their cutscenes have become a mine of memes, with their own charm and nostalgia attached to them.

The actors that brought to life our beloved characters in the first installment have been a topic of discussion for decades, since most of them used pseudonyms back in the day, but thanks to the collaborative effort of the fanbase, most (if not all) of the original cast has been found.
Three of the original cast members, Charlie Kraslavsky (Chris Redfield), Greg Smith (Barry Burton) and Eric Pirius (Albert Wesker), have been contacted by the popular horror-focused (mostly RE focused) group of Residence of Evil, which recently managed to interview the three actors for their YouTube channel.

However, RoE's contact with the actors didn't stop there.

Andrew Saullo, a content creator, director and producer involved with RoE, produced a short 3 minutes fan film starring the 3 actors themselves, reprising their roles once again after more than 25 years since their original involvement with RE1.

Chris Redfield teams up with former partner, Barry Burton, to deal with a ghost from their past, Albert Wesker.
The live-action cast of the original Resident Evil 1 (1996) return to reprise their roles as Chris Redfield (Charlie Kraslavsky), Barry Burton (Greg Smith) and Albert Wesker (Eric Pirius).

The film was made with very little resources, as stated by Saullo on the film's introduction, and they encourage their fans and people interested to subscribe to their channel and support Residence of Evil's Patreon so they can continue the production and realize it into a "more in depth short film with higher production value".

:arrow: Residence of Evil YouTube Channel

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is heartwarming to see! I'm glad the original VAs have been found and can reprise their beloved/infamous roles, I personally think it's cheesy to the point of being good so it's a win-win for me lol.
Great project!
Hopefully this will help lure the OG Jill into the light (as she's the one that still seems to be the most tricky to track down), and we'll get her in a similar project in the future.

Yeah that's the last one remaining to be found. Having only the "Inezh" surname sure doesn't make things any easier, but hopefully one day the whole RE1 cast will be known and remembered for years to come for their contribution to the legendary franchise.

• Love
Reactions: AngryCinnabon

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Of course being a 90s NintendoFan kid, I never got a chance to play a PS1, let alone Resident Evil.
In 2010, I finally played ResidentEvil DS and wasn't disappointed.

Bur something I can't forget, was the FMV intro of the game.

When the cast is presented, I read:
BARRY BURTON

REBECCA CHAMBERS

And that's been stuck with me ever since.

So it'd be nice if Jill and Rebecca gets included later!

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
This is great!!!

It is kinda cheesy :rofl: but that feeling was there on the first RE.

I hope we see more of this. But to be honest, I would love to see Rebecca and of course, the original JILL VALENTINE!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc