"Resident Evil: Death Island" gets a new trailer, features all main RE protagonists together

Resident Evil is on a killing streak this month, and the news just keep on coming for the highly acclaimed Capcom franchise.

Today, the Kadokawa YouTube channel has released a brand new trailer for the upcoming canon CGI movie set in the Resident Evil franchise, alongside the release date for the movie, set for July 7th, 2023.

The new trailer shows new action pieces for the movie, but most interestingly, what has caught the eyes of most RE enthusiasts and fans worldwide, is the main cast of the movie, featuring Chris Redfield, Claire Redfield, Jill Valentine, Leon S. Kennedy and Rebecca Chambers (whose last sighting was on another CGI movie, Resident Evil: Vendetta).

The main protagonists for the main titles of the franchise, from RE Zero all the way up to RE4, for the first time together in any form of media ever since the inception of the series, and the first time we see both Claire and Chris together since Code Veronica, Chris and Leon since RE6, and Leon interacting with both Rebecca and Jill for the first time as well.

Are you excited to see the new movie Resident Evil movie? Let's not forget that, unlike the Live Action entries for the franchise, the CGI movies are considered canon within the main Resident Evil games.

:arrow: RE Death Island official website

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
"all main titles of the franchise"

This saddens Billy.

That was my first comment as well. Sad to see Billy hasn't returned at all ever since RE0.
I think it's the only one from the main series, and from such an early point in the franchise, to not make a comeback.
The only other characters I can think of are Sheva and the rest of the RE6 cast, but who cares about those lol.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was my first comment as well. Sad to see Billy hasn't returned at all ever since RE0.
I think it's the only one from the main series, and from such an early point in the franchise, to not make a comeback.
The only other characters I can think of are Sheva and the rest of the RE6 cast, but who cares about those lol.
Carlos is also missing.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
He was, but Wesker told Chris/Claire that he got his body at the end of Code Veronica for research purposes on T-Veronica, only to never be mentioned again from what I know.
Let's presume they had some plans for him and then they forgot about him since Wesker supposed to be dead anyway

Desconocido90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
He was, but Wesker told Chris/Claire that he got his body at the end of Code Veronica for research purposes on T-Veronica, only to never be mentioned again from what I know.

Let's remember Wesker said the virus in Steve's body might eventually revive him, just like he did.

He probably just said that to mess with the Redfields' heads or mock them, and Capcom has shown 0 interest in resurrecting a forgettable character (no one's favorite) like Steve...

But I don't forget.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMHO, it seems odd for Capcom to revert to using Jill's RE3 Remake character model so soon in a CGI animation feature film this time around. But then again, was she ever featured in any of Capcom's CGI animated films prior to this point? I don't recall.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMHO, it seems odd for Capcom to revert to using Jill's RE3 Remake character model so soon in a CGI animation feature film this time around. But then again, was she ever featured in any of Capcom's CGI animated films prior to this point? I don't recall.
Nope. Degeneration had Claire and Leon, Damnation had Leon and Ada. I haven't seen Vendetta yet, but it's got Leon, Rebecca, and Chris, and Infinite Darkness which I also haven't seen has Leon and Claire. I don't know if Ada is in the latter two, hard to call her a protagonist since she's basically a mercenary who works for the villains a lot.

I'm a bit disappointed Barry isn't there, I don't particularly care for him, but Revelations 2 felt like it was pretty important.

Last edited by Guacaholey,
Reactions: urbanman2004

Bian_Zoldark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
i miss ada wong. in my opinion from story perspective ada wong story are way more intresting than the main storyline. she's basically the wonderwoman of the RE.

Reactions: urbanman2004

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1