"Resident Evil: Death Island" CGI movie gets a new trailer, confirms release date of July 25th, 2023

The official YouTube channel for Sony Pictures Entertainment has released a new trailer for the upcoming CGI movie based on the Resident Evil franchise, "Resident Evil: Death Island".

The original trailer for the movie only gave us a rough estimated release time of Summer 2023, but not an exact date. Today, the new trailer has unveiled new sequences from the canonical movie, which follows the official games of the franchise, as well as an exact release date for it, coming in July 25th, 2023 in both Blu-Ray and Digital formats.

The plot of the movie seems to converge all of the different plots that each of the main characters are separately dealing with into one specific location, Alcatraz Island, where a new entity is planning to utilize the T-Virus for its own nefarious purposes. The official synopsis of the movie goes as follows:

Resident Evil: Death Island Synopsis said:
In San Francisco, Jill Valentine is dealing with a zombie outbreak and a new T-Virus, Leon Kennedy is on the trail of a kidnapped DARPA scientist, and Claire Redfield is investigating a monstrous fish that is killing whales in the bay. Joined by Chris Redfield and Rebecca Chambers, they discover the trail of clues from their separate cases all converge on the same location, Alcatraz Island, where a new evil has taken residence and awaits their arrival.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The last time I watched one of these CGI Resident Evil movies I was impressed with the visuals and the generic RE storyline fit well. The English voice acting wasn't the greatest but it wouldn't stop me from coming back and watching another one. I'll probably give this one a watch :)

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did you knew the movies are considered Canon?

I'm excited to see this one.
Seen Degeneration, Damnation and Vendetta, and all of them are very good (granted Degeneration has some questionable movement) but still good.

Trailer looks amazing and I can't wait to see it in my 4K TV.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Seen Degeneration, Damnation and Vendetta, and all of them are very good (granted Degeneration has some questionable movement) but still good.

Only the CGI movies are canon out of all the RE series/movies in media. Degeneration, Damnation, Vendetta, Infinite Darkness and now Death Island are all considered canon within the main RE timeline.

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Entire RE is dead for me... it's not like before!
Then it means you weren't a real fan to begin with.You started being lame the moment RE sphere became very good.Your opinion might have mattered around RE6 and 7,certainly not now.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Then it means you weren't a real fan to begin with.You started being lame the moment RE sphere became very good.Your opinion might have mattered around RE6 and 7,certainly not now.
Have to agree ad well.
RE is going through a renaissance, it lost its focus from RE5 onwards and only until RE7 came out it started to steer in the right direction again.
Their recent games since RE7 have been nothing short of solid to great, and their sales figures and reception to their titles also reflects this.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You might actually want to look at these CGI films. They are about as close as things get to 0 through code veronica these days, give or take the silly fight scenes at some points.
Ahh Code Veronica. I hope to see it rereleased in some capacity, so I don't have to use my DC to play it everytime.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The official YouTube channel for Sony Pictures Entertainment has released a new trailer for the upcoming CGI movie based on the Resident Evil franchise, "Resident Evil: Death Island".

The original trailer for the movie only gave us a rough estimated release time of Summer 2023, but not an exact date. Today, the new trailer has unveiled new sequences from the canonical movie, which follows the official games of the franchise, as well as an exact release date for it, coming in July 25th, 2023 in both Blu-Ray and Digital formats.

The plot of the movie seems to converge all of the different plots that each of the main characters are separately dealing with into one specific location, Alcatraz Island, where a new entity is planning to utilize the T-Virus for its own nefarious purposes. The official synopsis of the movie goes as follows:

Nothing will ever beat this scene from one of the older movies.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

yeah but the last mini series infinite darkness was awful ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol