Resident Evil 4 Remake's DLC, Separate Ways, gets a new trailer

With the new announcement of the upcoming update for RE4's The Mercenaries and a new DLC campaign, Separate Ways, Capcom has shared today a brand new gameplay trailer focusing on the Separate Ways campaign.

This new trailer showcases a lot of new locales and environments that players didn't see in the main campaign as Leon, and some other locales seem to be back from the original RE4. Some of the new features that this trailer showcases are:
  • Ada's iconic bowgun, which was also available in the original Separate Ways for RE4 (2005).
  • Luis and Ada fighting together, which seems to imply both characters will have way more interactions than in the original,
  • An encounter with what seems to be the 2nd Verdugo, which was missing from the main campaign.
  • A possible new boss briefly seen putting its hand around a corner (which could very well be U3, which was also missing from the main campaign compared to the original).
  • The Cable Car section from the original RE4 is now back.
  • The popular Laser Room/Hall from the original RE4 is also back.
  • A face-to-face interaction between Ada Wong and none other than Albert Wesker, who never got to appear outside of its control room in the original RE4 (also hinting at way more interactions with Wesker).

The new DLC is looking really promising for fans of the franchise, and alongside it, fans will be able to also download the free update to The Mercenaries minigame, which will include both Ada & Wesker as playable characters. Resident Evil fans can try out both the update and DLC on September 21th, 2023.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ada's new voice sounds disappointing, dry, and unprofessional. I'm not "hating" on the actress who voiced her, but they should have done a better job with this character.
I agree as well.
Thankfully there's some mods at NexusMods that can help to alleviate this, with AI Voice Mods to instead use something similar to Ada's and Wesker's voices from the original RE4 into the Remake. The mods aren't updated for the DLC yet, but I'm sure once the DLC is fully out, that the authors will update the mod to also include the new DLC and Mercenaries lines for both characters.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

DiJornios

DiJiorno
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree as well.
Thankfully there's some mods at NexusMods that can help to alleviate this, with AI Voice Mods to instead use something similar to Ada's and Wesker's voices from the original RE4 into the Remake. The mods aren't updated for the DLC yet, but I'm sure once the DLC is fully out, that the authors will update the mod to also include the new DLC and Mercenaries lines for both characters.
Unironically hilarious

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ada's new voice sounds disappointing, dry, and unprofessional. I'm not "hating" on the actress who voiced her, but they should have done a better job with this character.
Yeah, it's rough. I'm pretty sure they either didn't have a director or had an inexperienced director. That's usually the issue with underacting. Like Pyra and Mythra from Xenoblade 2, the actress said she basically just got a her lines with limited to no context or direction.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When your voice acting is so bad, that the AI voice acting actually sounds better. The Ada voice actor is why I played with Japanese voice acting.

• Sad

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For those wondering, this is the actual voice mod I'm using for both Ada and Wesker for the Remake:
https://www.nexusmods.com/residentevil42023/mods/1365?tab=description

You can see a very well made comparison video between the original voice and the AI mod one, it's almost night and day, and the Weaker one is just icing on the cake, since Douglas is by far my favourite Wesker VA:

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree as well.
I wholeheartedly agree w/ your sentiment. I could care less a/b Ada, however, I feel Wesker's voice acting could use more work.

Alagara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obligatory Wesker & Ada VA's suk

Anyway, I'm glad we're getting more RE4:2.0 content. Following up with recreating all the extra game modes is super, and all we can hope for now within the next 4 months or so is another chainsaw controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol