New images for live-action 'Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City' released

resi evil 1.jpg

Yet another Resident Evil live-action movie is in the works and slated for a release later this year. But this one is separate from the ones featuring Milla Jovovich. The upcoming Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City is written and directed by Johannes Roberts who confirmed in a recent interview with IGN that "this movie really had nothing to do with the previous franchise". "This was all about returning to the games and creating a movie that was much more a horror movie than the sort of sci-fi action of the previous films," Roberts added.

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City plot will revolve around the first two Resident Evil games and will as such feature iconic characters like Claire Redfield (Kaya Scodelario), Leon S. Kennedy (Avan Jogia), Albert Wesker (Tom Hopper), Richard Aiken (Chad Rook), Jill Valentine (Hannah John-Kamen), and Chris Redfield (Robbie Amell). IGN's interview also included exclusive images giving us a first look at the actors portraying those characters. You can see those 3 images below, where one is also of Lisa Trevor (Marina Mazepa):

resi evil 1.jpg

resi 2.jpg resi 3.jpg

“We worked very closely with Capcom. Every character and creature is from the game and as such, I wanted to be as faithful as possible. I wanted to create a truly immersive feeling for the fans,” Roberts said in the interview. “But that also became the trickiest part of adapting a piece of IP like this because I didn’t just want to put the game on screen - it had to be its own thing with living breathing characters and creatures (and, of course, zombies!) that felt true to the world.”

What do you think of those first images of Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City? Will you watch it when it premieres in theaters later this year (November 24 in the US, November 25 in Australia and December 3 in the UK)?

:arrow: SOURCE

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did someone fall on the grain filter adjustment knob?

Anyway yeah first thoughts were fan film, and while in small mode the monster costume was not an immediate eh then blowing it up was not doing much for me.

Never heard of anything from the director before but IMDB says he has been doing low budget trashy horror films for quite some time now so might be something to it. I believe I am also on record as enjoying the CGI films so I am probably the target market here.

Okay but why though?
"The existing actors got too expensive/old, the story too convoluted and returns were dropping so get in some guy with an indy hit/work ethic and some semi known/jobbing actors and go from there". That would be my bet.

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Welcome to Racoon City" sounds so cheesy. Why not "Resident Evil: The spooky movie"?
This will probably be more of a comedy than a horror movie.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What a shit show it will be, Leon looks like that asian that does "lowcost" cosplay.
And Claire received the holywood's redhead treatment, and looks like she's in her 40s.

Last edited by ZeroFX,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
first look at the actors portraying those characters. You can see those 3 images below, where one is also of Lisa Trevor (Marina Mazepa):

Nice to see monsters played by humans and practical effects, and not 100% CGI. And they got a contortionist in there so things can get really freaky.

Did someone fall on the grain filter adjustment knob?
The original video is totally dark but that doesn't look good in articles so someone adjusted the brightness.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Looks iffy as fuck.
I will most likely pass on it, will stick to the CGI movies and the series on the works about the Wesker children.
If at all, I might watch it through a "friend's" streaming service :tpi:

Ralkila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The characterization and actors look very not like the original characters. Even the jovovich ones made an effort in that regard. However, if this has a really good budget for fights and cgi it can be at least watchable. They have the CGI movies that are regular/average/good to beat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...