• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Opinions on the anti-lgbtq legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you believe in LGBTQ+ rights when they don't cause a problem which means we're beholden to people like you in case our existence causes offense. So we have to beg for scraps and then be quiet. The right wing media would have you believe we're going into schools, convincing young girls and boys to cut off body parts because hey why not and that men in wigs are going into womens toilets regularly to rape them. Trans people have been using the toilets of their prefered gender for many many years, it's only recent that it has now become a problem. A rapist is a rapist, they will do what they want to rape, banning trans people from going to the toilet will not change that. You say you're not trying to hurt anyone but you woud rather us be who we are in the dark to not make you uncomfortable, that's pretty hurtful. No one is basing their entire existence on their sexuality but plenty of straight men will walk around cat calling women, commenting on women's bodies in general and it's accepted in wider society. It may be frowned upon in a civilised setting but no one is up in arms saying "oh here we go again, the straights are here to make everyone uncomfortable, why do they have to do it in our faces?". You can't say you want everyone to be equal when clearly you don't. You want us to hide away in a dark cave to never be seen again because we make you uncomfortable.
Not at all. I hate the right wing. I have never voted blue. I am not okay with a lot of the macho bullshit. You dont get it. You know when you're stepping on toes. People will react. I can't dress as me in a metallica shirt and shorts to go to work. I have to wear a suit and tie. It sucks but I'm dressed for the occasion. I fucking hate my suit. I hate the music in the office. I let it be known but I don't make them put on my music. I show up dressed to the nines and I do what do. I get home it's boxers and a tshirt with a guitar and a beer. I go to.the city I dress for the occasion. It's a shame that people can't accept one another and respect each other. You don't have to go as a specific anything. You just don't have to peacock. I would never vote for legislation that restricts anyones clothing. But have tact. You can be lgbtqia instead of LGBTQIA sometimes. Good taste and tact. Not closets. Just not the center of attention everywhere you go .

It's not all about you. And leave the kids alone please. They want to play in the yard.

Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

Kunty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not at all. I hate the right wing. I have never voted blue. I am not okay with a lot of the macho bullshit. You dont get it. You know when you're stepping on toes. People will react. I can't dress as me in a metallica shirt and shorts to go to work. I have to wear a suit and tie. It sucks but I'm dressed for the occasion. I fucking hate my suit. I hate the music in the office. I let it be known but indont make them put on my music. I show up dressed tonthe nines and I do what do. I get home its boxers and a tshirt with a guitar and a beer. I go to.the city I dress for the occasion. It's a shame that people cant acceptnone another and respect each other. You don't have to go as a specific anything. You just don't have to peacock. I would never vote for legislation that restricts anyones clothing. But have tact. You can be lgbtqia instead of LGBTQIA sometimes. Good taste and tact. Not closets. Just not the center of attention everywhere you go .

Its not all about you. And leave the kids alone please. They want to play in the yard.
Please don't compare your struggles in what clothes you wear to the struggles that LGBTQ+ (especially trans) people have to face day in and day out. We're subject to heterosexuality by default so if we want to be brighter then there is no problem with that. Again it's the fact that our existence makes you uncomfortable. No one is after your children, you're lapping up what right wing media is feeding you. Even still, plenty of children know they're "different" from a young age, I did and I wish I had easier access to know that I wasn't alone, it would have saved me a lot of pain growing up. No one is trying to make kids trans, no one is trying to make kids gay, etc. There's nothing wrong in letting kids know that they're not alone IF they feel they may be a little bit different. Trying to force an agenda on children that they must be completely straight and cis even when they aren't is grooming. That is child abuse.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
TLDR man. If I was gay or bisexual, all my friends and family would love and support me just the same, so I have no reason to repress my sexual identity. If everybody in the country were so fortunate, it would solve a lot of issues. Red state culture is antithetical to love and acceptance more often than not, and that extends to things beyond gender and sexuality as well.

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You want us to hide away in a dark cave to never be seen again because we make you uncomfortable.
Rather we woudl like to see you exposed in the most right light and health one that is possible.
It is mostly about young people. It's same seeing them with tatoo being manipulated to selfharming themself,
it's just no fair and it's all about to save them not to polarize or hate. Just to see them as valuable person as they can be and are, without any plastic fake ideology based on fashion or subculture trends. All of you deserve for respect, self-respect.

Kunty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rather we woudl like to see you exposed in the most right light and health one that is possible.
It is mostly about young people. It's same seeing them with tatoo being manipulated to selfharming themself,
it's just no fair and it's all about to save them not to polarize or hate. Just to see them as valuable person as they can be and are, without any plastic fake ideology based on fashion or subculture trends. All of you deserve for respect, self-respect.
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Trans kids exist.
Preventing access to care for some or all trans people out of some culture war panic is bad for the majority of trans people to protect the 1% or so who end up desisting later (and a portion of that group desists not because of a change in how they feel about their identity, but because of how they are treated by family member, friends, or broader society).

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I
Please don't compare your struggles in what clothes you wear to the struggles that LGBTQ+ (especially trans) people have to face day in and day out. We're subject to heterosexuality by default so if we want to be brighter then there is no problem with that. Again it's the fact that our existence makes you uncomfortable. No one is after your children, you're lapping up what right wing media is feeding you. Even still, plenty of children know they're "different" from a young age, I did and I wish I had easier access to know that I wasn't alone, it would have saved me a lot of pain growing up. No one is trying to make kids trans, no one is trying to make kids gay, etc. There's nothing wrong in letting kids know that they're not alone IF they feel they may be a little bit different. Trying to force an agenda on children that they must be completely straight and cis even when they aren't is grooming. That is child abuse.

I wasn't talking about your struggles. I was taking about your actual wardrobe. Sometimes you dress for the office, or school or whatever? Right? It's a transition for everyone. New spectrum of things to talk about. You struggle and we struggle. It's the human condition. We need to communicate. As humans. Ask these questions. Understand each other.

I mean you no harm. I understand pain and struggle. Hope you feel better.

Kunty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I

I wasn't talking about your struggles. I was taking about your actual wardrobe. Sometimes you dress for the office, or school or whatever? Right? It's a transition for everyone. New spectrum of things to talk about. You struggle and we struggle. It's the human condition. We need to communicate. As humans. Ask these questions. Understand each other.

I mean you no harm. I understand pain and struggle. Hope you feel better.
But what has clothes got to do with anything? I honestly don't understand the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c