WIP OpenMW for Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by fgsfds, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Jackson98

Jackson98 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    I couldn't kill Vivec, he was too awesome :P, but as soon as I was done with the tribunal quest line Helseth's reign would end surprisingly quickly lol, I originally played the console version, and I valued his ring much more than I did keeping him around ;P. If you played a class with a mana multiplier and enchanted items like the tower shield with 1-87 or 89 intelligence(can't remember) you could get your mana pretty high without technically exploiting anything :). Although you would have to take it on and off untill you got the desired value.
    I'm not sure if it ever got officially patched but you could permanently increase any of your stats by combining soul trap on target and any other fortify spell then casting it at the ground ;P. I remember using it with summons more than anything because it would create permanent summoned creatures, allowing armies of dremora/golden saints/etc and sending about 40 of them to take on Alemalexia's hands rofl.

Last edited by Jackson98, Jun 11, 2019
  2. ed58

ed58 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    im having some issues with this. everything seems to work fine except there's no text, the starting loading screen is all blue and I also cant get sound working.

Attached Files:

3. TheKaijuGirl

TheKaijuGirl Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2019
    France
    OMG
    You're my hero !

4. terrabyte25

terrabyte25 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    United States
    Can you give details as to what you are running? (i.e. atmosphere version, etc.)

Last edited by terrabyte25, Jun 12, 2019
  5. Trademaster

Trademaster Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2009
    United States
    Did anyone get any texture mods for the ground to work? For some reason for me I still get the default blurry textures

6. zniel0

zniel0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    Yes tons of them from Morrowind graphics overhaul, data folder is now 8gb.. The only problem is it take 22-23 mins to start the game lol. This is on a fast samsung sd card.

Jackson98 and Csmrcc like this.
  7. fgsfds
    OP

fgsfds GBAtemp Fan

Aug 28, 2018
    Russia
    What game version and language?

8. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    Interesting, which mods of those you have tried do you recommend? Mostly graphical I see. I remember a few ones, like Balmoral university or blacksmith. Very good ones.

9. zniel0

zniel0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    If you want the best graphics mod its a bit tricky. Since you have to download Morrowind Graphics overhaul.
    1.Install it on pc.

2.Goto the texture and meshes folder (start by copying any files starting with "TX_" in the texture folder mainly because some files are really large avoid anything above 1000kb)

3.Copy the texture folder content and meshes to your switch openmw/data and replace the ones present there

Essential mods:

quickloot (not installed it yet but it makes looting so much easier and fast no need to open stuff)

Better Balanced Combat (excellent mod since it makes every hit count no more misses and is very well balance for npcs)

While you cant make it look amazing as in the pc with shaders it looks quiet good.

Csmrcc likes this.
  10. Jackson98

Jackson98 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2017
    Australia
    I think the best graphics package currently is
    https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Morrowind_graphics_guide
    It replaces S.T.E.P

From what I gather it looks better than MGSO, but how good an FPS you will get and how long loading times will take might be a worry lol:P.

galaxior, LSolrac and mathew77 like this.
  11. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    Exactly, is better not to overwhelm the same, for fps and stability

12. TheKaijuGirl

TheKaijuGirl Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2019
    France
    Is the game can save ? I didn't found the option for :/

13. Pekempy

Pekempy Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    ??? Just press + to open the menu and save is right there. Plus, it's morrowind. it has autosave.

14. TheKaijuGirl

TheKaijuGirl Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2019
    France
    Well, it's doesn't appear. I start a new game and now it's good x) Thank you !

15. fgsfds
    OP

fgsfds GBAtemp Fan

Aug 28, 2018
    Russia
    The save menu only becomes available after you do the character creation thing.

16. xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx GBAtemp Addict

Jul 29, 2015
    Liverpool
    Playing it for a bit now.
    Can I open the Switch Keyboard somehow?
    It worked for naming my character, but now, when I want to craft weapons or magic, I can't give them a name.
    Not being able to name them => Can't craft them

17. Pekempy

Pekempy Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    I believe the minus button does this

18. xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx GBAtemp Addict

Jul 29, 2015
    Liverpool
    tried that, only worked when setting up the Character name.

19. spocksbrain

spocksbrain Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2019
    United States
    Check your settings.cfg under [GUI] to make sure theres no crazy font sizing, or UI scaling. Also, if anyone is playing on a TV i find that 1.7 UI scaling with 36 point font works great in 1080 mode.

notimp likes this.
  20. fgsfds
    OP

fgsfds GBAtemp Fan

Aug 28, 2018
    Russia
    Minus button brings it up only when the input field is selected. I. e. you have to click it first. Input boxes like name entry autofocus on the field on creation, which is why it worked.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted