Serina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's an openly gay rapper.

Considering how the general public tends to respond to homosexuality, I applaud the man for being so open - especially since the hip-hop community, as far as I know, can be one of the harshest when it comes to accepting things that are "different than usual," if you know what I'm saying.

http://www.thelocoworld.com/2011/06/flame-...-free-download/

The music on the mixtape isn't bad. I had to completely delete one of the songs (the one that samples fireflies) because it was just way unprofessional. He could have produced a few of the songs better, too. But in general, I enjoyed it.

Thoughts?

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
meh. I could care less about his preferences...does this somehow affect his music? If he's a good rapper then that should not be relevant, I think there may be more rappers who are gay but are afraid of being stigmatized.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, I don't see the difference in a gay rapper and a straight rapper. It's nothing to be ashamed of and it's nothing to be looked down on for.

Besides, the only thing one should be ashamed of when they're rapping is the fact that they're rapping, no higher shame than that...

Serina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to define him by his homosexuality or anything - in a world like this, I just think it's worth noting.

The day that it will be considered totally irrelevant will be a good one indeed.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serina said:
I'm not trying to define him by his homosexuality or anything - in a world like this, I just think it's worth noting.

The day that it will be considered totally irrelevant will be a good one indeed.
That will be the same day that racism is as well.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there are several gay rappers. at gay pride there is always gay and lesbian rappers on stage. there is also a really hardcore one but i don't listen to hip hop so can't tell you any of their names. one i heard once sounded like gansta rap but the lyrics were explicitly gay.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, 2 episodes of the Boondocks called "The Story of Gangstalicious" actually do an in-depth yet slightly subtle look on the subject.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Actually, 2 episodes of the Boondocks called "The Story of Gangstalicious" actually do an in-depth yet slightly subtle look on the subject.
Subtle? And I was just about to post that. Beat me to it.

Rapper cross-dresses, tries to have sex with dudes while making obviously homosexual music and such and attempting to hide his sexuality. It's kind of hilarious. Riley ends up with a purse. A pimp named Slickback intervenes to explain that there are many things he puts over hoes but homies are not one of them.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone's got a shtick. These days the gay shtick is used to stand out so everyone can say how wonderful and brave this person is but in reality it's all for PR. He's using the gay thing to make a buck.

krzym1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
dickfour said:
These days the gay shtick is used to stand out so everyone can say how wonderful and brave this person is but in reality it's all for PR. He's using the gay thing to make a buck.

My thoughts exactly.

And also politically correct people say homosexuality is normal, so I completely dont understand them when they describe someone who admitted to be gay as "brave person". I mean liek, heterosexuality is also normal will I be considered brave if I go shouting on the streets that I'm straight?

Serina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
krzym1 said:
dickfour said:
These days the gay shtick is used to stand out so everyone can say how wonderful and brave this person is but in reality it's all for PR. He's using the gay thing to make a buck.

My thoughts exactly.

And also politically correct people say homosexuality is normal, so I completely dont understand them when they describe someone who admitted to be gay as "brave person". I mean liek, heterosexuality is also normal will I be considered brave if I go shouting on the streets that I'm straight?

the good news, clearly, is that everyone here is of sound mind - so of course it's not a big deal. the rest of the world, though, isn't quite as sane as we are.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
I was under the impression every rapper was openly gay.

This.

I was going into this thread with this thought...

I agree. What does his sexual preference have to do with his music? Why would people care? People still buy albums and jizz their pants over them.

Look at Justin Bieber and User.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Hells Malice said:

This.

I was going into this thread with this thought...

I agree. What does his sexual preference have to do with his music? Why would people care? People still buy albums and jizz their pants over them.

Look at Justin Bieber and User.
Do you mean Usher?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
rofl.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
koimayeul said:
attention whore much?

Any evidence that he's actively pushing the gay angle himself? Or is it just the fact that the industry is so homophobic that a gay rapper is news?

Saw similar comments on a news article over here about a lesbian female newsreader. The article was all how she had "Sensationally revealed to the company news letter that she was a lesbian" and the comments were all "So what, stop looking for attention, you don't see me going around announcing I'm straight" etc.

Actually, she was just the subject of the weekly "Who's who" column, which always has a section about family life. It stated, in a matter of fact way, that she lived with her partner Sarah and two dogs. It was the media and the commentors making a big deal out of it, not her.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also