Homebrew OPEN_AGB_FIRM discussion thread

ian0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know the location of all save files generated by agbfirm?
i'd like to delete or backup some of them

or a way to access it on pc?

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
does this support GB/C? or only GBA

To add slightly more information:

Since the GBA on the 3DS behaves like it's from a DS Lite, and no DS has accessible CGB mode (it just hangs on regular GBA background as opposed to the special CGB graphics mode), it doesn't work on 3DS either as a result. Seems like the L/R buttons don't work either in this bugged mode, so it's safe to say that they most likely indeed fully removed it, not just disabled it.

GB(C) Virtual Console is emulated if you do an inject.

Reactions: anotherthing

Raphletic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to change the amount of titles you scroll through on open agb when pressing left or right on the d-pad? I feel like it skips too many titles at once. (About 25. I counted) I want to be able to lessen it to maybe skipping 10 titles at a time.

splaca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a way to change the amount of titles you scroll through on open agb when pressing left or right on the d-pad? I feel like it skips too many titles at once. (About 25. I counted) I want to be able to lessen it to maybe skipping 10 titles at a time.

It's hard coded, the only way to change it would be to modify the SCREEN_ROWS macro in file
open_agb_firm/source/arm11/filebrowser.c and then recompile the project.

(You're almost right, it's set to 24 in the code.)

Edit: ok, the above is not ideal since SCREEN_ROWS also controls how many titles are displayed on screen. But one can just as easily create a new macro called ROWS_TO_SKIP (or something like that, the name does not interfere)

C:
#define ROWS_TO_SKIP     (12u)

(To me 12 felt good because then if you press RIGHT two times it will skip a whole screen.)

Then we change two lines; in the block

C:
            if(kDown & KEY_DRIGHT)
            {
                cursorPos += SCREEN_ROWS;
                if((u32)cursorPos > num) cursorPos = num - 1;
            }
            if(kDown & KEY_DLEFT)
            {
                cursorPos -= SCREEN_ROWS;
                if(cursorPos < -1) cursorPos = 0;
            }

we change to

C:
            if(kDown & KEY_DRIGHT)
            {
                cursorPos += ROWS_TO_SKIP;
                if((u32)cursorPos > num) cursorPos = num - 1;
            }
            if(kDown & KEY_DLEFT)
            {
                cursorPos -= ROWS_TO_SKIP;
                if(cursorPos < -1) cursorPos = 0;
            }

Then compile and the new version of the firm will be hard coded to skip 12 titles (or however many you decide to set in the #define) when we press RIGHT on the d-pad.

A more flexible solution is to add this number as a configurable entry in the config.ini file.
However, this requires more modifications and makes the config file for the new version incompatible with that of the official release.

I've done both versions described above (hard coded to skip 12 and configurable via config.ini); if anyone cares to check out I can upload either (or both) of them.

Last edited by splaca,

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK SO - Where are my saves stored for open agb firm? sdcard/roms/gba is where the roms are but I dont have saves - but pokemon leaf green HAS a save? Still learning this lol moved over from gbarunner 2/3

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK SO - Where are my saves stored for open agb firm? sdcard/roms/gba is where the roms are but I dont have saves - but pokemon leaf green HAS a save? Still learning this lol moved over from gbarunner 2/3
Look 8 posts above your post the answer is there.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

/3ds/open_agb_firm/saves/

This has been answered multiple times in the thread before...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol here we go again.