I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
OP
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Hey, is there any way to convert no$gba's save file back to my m3 Simply save file?

I have noticed that no$gba saves my save at 80.8kb and m3 needs 215kb save files. I have tried to convert my save for few days already with no success. Every time I try to load my game I get a error message, or my save file gets deleted. I still have my original save file on my cpu in case I cannot convert it back to m3 .sav. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Open the .ini file, set SAV / SNA file to Uncompressed, save the ini file and wait the 1.2 version
smile.gif

Jack Bauer 2007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, sorry to sound like an idiot but I am a total, total noob at all this stuff. I've got a Supercard Lite and what I think is a Passcard 3 (it says "Passcard" on it, and the background is orange). I'm shortly going to be upgrading to a G6DS Real.

Is it possible to convert Supercard Lite saves to G6DS Real using this converter? If so, which option do I choose in the menu (I'm assuming it's Supercard CF or Supercard One)?

Thank you - and thank you for your hard work Shuny, you're a credit to the community!

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
OP
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Great app Shuny, but can you add the option for ez-flash V saves?

Try EZFlash IV, it should work.

Hi, sorry to sound like an idiot but I am a total, total noob at all this stuff. I've got a Supercard Lite and what I think is a Passcard 3 (it says "Passcard" on it, and the background is orange). I'm shortly going to be upgrading to a G6DS Real.

Is it possible to convert Supercard Lite saves to G6DS Real using this converter? If so, which option do I choose in the menu (I'm assuming it's Supercard CF or Supercard One)?

Thank you - and thank you for your hard work Shuny, you're a credit to the community!

I think Supercard CF => G6 DS Real should work, if not try with Supercard One
wink.gif

I'll add it if you report me that it works
smile.gif

araceil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, but, they still don't seem to work with the GS DS. When I put the file back in the Gameshark save file folder, the save file shows up, but it says it's missing some data and can't be downloaded to the DS card.

This is a bug in the GDS conversion. This bug doesn't affect other conversions ;)

Does this mean the converter doesn't convert anything to .gds successfully? i can't get any mario kart ds saves to convert to .gds without getting that error message.
Other than that, the converter is amazing :) great work and thanks!

rsawyer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So is .gds conversion going to be corrected in the new version? I tried to find out how to do it all manually but everybody seems to concerned with other people doing all the work.

If someone could explain to me how to convert .gds to .sav and back by hand that would be great.

rsawyer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey does anyone out there know how to get the extracted gds save back into the gzip without losing the "savegame data". That is the only thing that has me stumped....

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey does anyone out there know how to get the extracted gds save back into the gzip without losing the "savegame data". That is the only thing that has me stumped....
I will answer that question with another question...

"How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"
I've proven my point...

just back it up and try!

rsawyer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

I will answer that question with another question...

"How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"
I've proven my point...

just back it up and try!

HAHA I'll try to answer your question if you try to answer mine...

I have actually tried a bunch of different methods and they all lead me back to have a save file that Gameshark DS doesnt like. I think I should just throw it out the window...

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
According to this post, .gds files are just gzip files with a 256 byte header. If that's the case, you should be able to just remove the header (either with a hex editor, or a program like File Trimmer), rename the file to .gz, and extract it with the appropriate program.

To convert a save to .gds, you would gzip the raw save, paste a .gds header onto the front (either with a hex editor or with the Copy command from a command prompt), and rename the file to .gds. You might need to use a header from a save for the same game, or you might be able to use a header from any game.

These are all just guesses, as I don't have a gameshark DS to test it with, but that's what I would try.

Pezmc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does anyone have any software or something that I can test the new fsavegame converter with? I need one of each game card see below for a list:
Action Replay Max DS (.duc / .dss)
DSLinker (.sav)
DS-Xtreme 4Gb/16Gb (.sav)
EZFlash IV (.sav)
G6 DS Real (.0)
G6 Lite (.0)
Gameshark for Nintendo DS (.gds)
M3 (.dat)
M3 Simply (.sav)
N Card (.sav)
NinjaDS (.sav)
Ninjapass (.sav)
R4 (.sav) - Pezmc
Supercard CF (.sav)
Supercard One (.sav)

Please apply by posting here and sending a email to [email protected] including what cards you have your username here and whether you can provide save games for me to test with the new system, a fast contact address is also needed preferably MSN but email will be accepted.

rsawyer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
According to this post, .gds files are just gzip files with a 256 byte header. If that's the case, you should be able to just remove the header (either with a hex editor, or a program like File Trimmer), rename the file to .gz, and extract it with the appropriate program.

To convert a save to .gds, you would gzip the raw save, paste a .gds header onto the front (either with a hex editor or with the Copy command from a command prompt), and rename the file to .gds. You might need to use a header from a save for the same game, or you might be able to use a header from any game.

These are all just guesses, as I don't have a gameshark DS to test it with, but that's what I would try.

Getting it out is the really easy part. But when you recompress it with gzip the save file gets all wonky and it comes out saying that the gamesave data is missing......

****NOTE THIS****

It appears that when you edit a pokemon save with pokesav and then recompress the savegame data also gets messed around. I found this out by just converting a .gds file with shuny's converting and then just converting it back to .gds. The save uploaded to the cart, but was corrupted where as when it was edited with pokesav it wouldn't upload at all(gamesave data missing)

rsawyer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This will be my last post about .gds files(i bet ur all happy
smile.gif
) Shuny it appears that when your converter converts the .gds file to any other format you are really only removing the 256 byte header. Alas I guess I will just have to wait for the mail man to come with my m3

Ohashi

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hi im trying to convert my supercard sd .sav games to R4.sav it prompt me where to save and the file type is unknown file type. ( i'm using Savegames converter) Source type i use - DSlinker (.sav) and Target format i use - R4 (.sav). How do i get this work? Shuny HELP...or anyone ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny