One-Year-Old Boy Drowns In Bathtub

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
34-year-old Shannon Johnson has been arrested after telling police officers that the reason her one-year-old son drowned in a bathtub several months ago is because she was busy playing a game on Facebook and left him to bathe unsupervised.

According to the arrest affidavit for this incident—which you can find below—Johnson was playing a Facebook game called Cafe World as well as browsing her news feed and uploading videos during the time her son was in the bathtub. She apparently only checked in on him once over the course of a ten-minute period and justified it by saying that she felt "her son was preternaturally independent, and simply wanted to be alone."[/p]

These facebook related news are becoming really common, aren't they?

Source

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
It's sad, I know quite a few people who do nothing but fuck around on Facebook all day and play *ville games.

Usually their excuses are something like "at least it's not something evil like world of warcraft" and "everybody is doing it so it's okay"

and now people are letting their children die for a goddamn flash game

I remember when facebook was actually used for social networking :/

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Too common indeed, I think this site will get banned in a year or two
wink.gif

EDIT: Stupid lag, causing double posts -_-

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is why I vote for an IQ test and a psych test before you have sex. If you are deemed to dumb to have kids you will be neutered.

This woman should be shot, plain and simple like any other murderer
smile.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Facebook games aren't even fun, yet they're sweeping the world like WoW (another game I find unfun).

Stephapanda

Clover's Wife
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it's a good thing I was born long before Facebook and its ____ville games came along. My mum is so addicted to them it's nuts.

Stupid, stupid parents neglecting their young children and babies over shit games.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Myke said:
she screwed up, but unless you are a parent I don't think anyone here has the right to say squat about parenting, or judging. since half the people here are children anyway
Sure, parenting isn't easy, but when your child dies due to your actions and addictions, I think it's safe to assume you did a little more than "screw up".

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
_Chaz_ said:
Myke said:
she screwed up, but unless you are a parent I don't think anyone here has the right to say squat about parenting, or judging. since half the people here are children anyway
Sure, parenting isn't easy, but when your child dies due to your actions and addictions, I think it's safe to assume you did a little more than "screw up".
I agree to what Chaz said.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Myke said:
she screwed up, but unless you are a parent I don't think anyone here has the right to say squat about parenting, or judge. since half the people here are children anyway

Woohoo I have the right to say something
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, this woman is a fucking failure and it makes me sick.

Im not saying Im the perfect parent, Ive made several mistakes like bumping his head because I wasnt carefull enough (stupid low ceilings >_>) but I have NEVER left my son unattended.
I owned a hostel and when there was a fire I didnt leave my kid unattended.
When one of my backpackers was bitten by a spider and had to be rushed to the hospital I didnt leave him unattended.

There is absolutely NO excuse to leave your child unattended in those situations and leaving him in the bath? Yea sure you can do that... when theyre 3 or older -______- and even then its not the smartest idea.

I bet this cow also filled up the bath to about 15cm instead of 5 like youre suppose to

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
i play cityville (not that bad)
but the thing is though, i never understand how you could just sit there all day waiting 24 hrs just for more "cash" or "coins to appear and get rich :L

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Myke said:

right and living with the guilt of committing such a thing to your own son is something that you will never fully understand until you have a child yoruself. so my opinion still stands. unless you are a parent you have no freaking clue what it's like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY