GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Myke said:
_Chaz_ said:
Myke said:
she screwed up, but unless you are a parent I don't think anyone here has the right to say squat about parenting, or judging. since half the people here are children anyway
Sure, parenting isn't easy, but when your child dies due to your actions and addictions, I think it's safe to assume you did a little more than "screw up".

right and living with the guilt of committing such a thing to your own son is something that you will never fully understand until you have a child yoruself. so my opinion still stands. unless you are a parent you have no freaking clue what it's like.
So the fact that she feels guilty justifies the murder of her infant son?
I may not have a child, but I know that murder is wrong.
Assuming you're not a complete hypocrite and you do have a child, I suggest you stay away from Facebook if this is how you feel.

If the kid was killed in the same way by a sitter, I'm sure you'd have a completely different stance on this.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Myke said:
_Chaz_ said:
Myke said:
she screwed up, but unless you are a parent I don't think anyone here has the right to say squat about parenting, or judging. since half the people here are children anyway
Sure, parenting isn't easy, but when your child dies due to your actions and addictions, I think it's safe to assume you did a little more than "screw up".

right and living with the guilt of committing such a thing to your own son is something that you will never fully understand until you have a child yoruself. so my opinion still stands. unless you are a parent you have no freaking clue what it's like.

Sad thing is, she might not even feel bad about it or feel guilt.
If she feels remorse she will most likely kill herself, I know I would probably off myself if I killed my kid by accident

EDIT:
Who cares what she has to live with? I sure dont and her kid doesnt care either. Know why? Because she murdered him.
Like I said, this woman should be shot

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Myke said:
I don't need to be a parent to know that allowing a child to drown while you piss about on Facebook is wrong. This cannot be justified so stop trying. The woman in question should be charged with manslaughter at the very least.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Depravo said:
Myke said:
I don't need to be a parent to know that allowing a child to drown while you piss about on Facebook is wrong. This cannot be justified so stop trying. The woman in question should be charged with manslaughter at the very least.

This.

Trying to say that you would have to be a parent to understand this is ridiculous. There are teen mothers still in high school that take better care of their children than this.
At the end of the day, the woman fucked up, killed her child because she was addicted to the damned internet, and should now be punished for it. At the very least, that is child neglect and endangerment with murder to boot since she might as well have been in there pushing the kid's head under the water. It is also her fault that the kid died. This isn't the first time I've heard of this though, and it always seems like the person didn't want the kid anyways, so they don't really feel substantial amounts of remorse or guilt.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Leave her alone, she misjudged the time frame and the lapses of the incident. Anyone can be blamed for something if you misjudged it! No one is perfect, however she's guilty of neglect when she was so occupied on herself that it didn't matter what happened to her. This is when a paradox of conclusion and blame starts to come in. Was she concern about the child during the time she place him/her in the tub? How long did it took you to acknowledge that the child drowned? What was YOU doing at the time during the incident?

All these blames and accusations don't justify the answer when it did happened so sudden. Ten minutes?! Who can say if anyone of us can react that quickly to intervene on a incident that could have been prevented within ten minutes?

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
When you bathe a small child such as that, you remain present the entire time and actually bathe the child. You don't throw them in the tub and then go hop on the computer until you realize 10 minutes has gone by and your inability to be a good parent has killed your child.

There will never be justification in anyway for an event such as this. I hope the woman feels like shit. She deserves to.

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
i never said it's wrong of her. all I'm saying is you guys are too freaking young to even understand parenting. unless you have a kid you can talk all you want but you plain and simply don't understand. period. You can totally sit here and tell me how you would give your child a bath or how you would theoretically take care of your child. But you don't have kids, you are not married. in the end you have no fucking clue what it's like to take care of a child because you haven't experienced it. and given the fact that she DID admit to it proves that she is remorseful and she's enough of an adult to relize her own fuckups. jail time is necessary, but guilt for life is far worse than jail time. but again until you have a kid you will have no freaking clue. so all these "she deserves to go to jail, she's an unfit mother" "she's a bitch that needs to get shot, just like she killed her son" are completely ignorant remarks.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never had to handle a baby for longer than a minute, so I'm surprised as well that a baby would drown in a bathtub that quickly, unless the water was left on. But, so many other things could go wrong in 10 minutes of being in a bathroom unsupervised.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
'Never leave an infant unattended in the bath' is not wisdom that can only be attained through years of parenting experience - it's a basic, a no-brainer. It's practically rule#1 of looking after a child.

Stephapanda

Clover's Wife
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Myke said:
i never said it's wrong of her. all I'm saying is you guys are too freaking young to even understand parenting. unless you have a kid you can talk all you want but you plain and simply don't understand. period. You can totally sit here and tell me how you would give your child a bath or how you would theoretically take care of your child. But you don't have kids, you are not married. in the end you have no fucking clue what it's like to take care of a child because you haven't experienced it. and given the fact that she DID admit to it proves that she is remorseful and she's enough of an adult to relize her own fuckups. jail time is necessary, but guilt for life is far worse than jail time. but again until you have a kid you will have no freaking clue. so all these "she deserves to go to jail, she's an unfit mother" "she's a bitch that needs to get shot, just like she killed her son" are completely ignorant remarks.

Why are you even justifying her actions? Do you think it's okay to leave a baby unattended in the bathtub full of water? It doesn't matter if anyone here has children or not, there's something called common sense. Why are you getting so upset? Is it a requirement to have children to have an opinion on someone killing their child by neglect? I don't think so. Just as you're entitled to your opinion, everyone else here is entitled to theirs.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
omatic said:
I've never had to handle a baby for longer than a minute, so I'm surprised as well that a baby would drown in a bathtub that quickly, unless the water was left on. But, so many other things could go wrong in 10 minutes of being in a bathroom unsupervised.
Thing is, babies tend to squirm... alot and theyre also unable to roll themselves back from face down position at such a young age so even 1 inch of water can kill em
frown.gif

Also it takes about 2min for them to drown if not less

And Myke, seriously stfu. Like I said I AM a parent so by your logic im justified in saying shes a bad mother and should be shot.

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
omatic said:
Thing is, babies tend to squirm... alot and theyre also unable to roll themselves back from face down position at such a young age so even 1 inch of water can kill em
frown.gif

And Myke, seriously stfu. Like I said I AM a parent so by your logic im justified in saying shes a bad mother and should be shot.

how would you feel if you did the exact same thing to your child, and it could have been an accident but everyone is pointing the finger at you and calling you a murderer and unfit to raise your child.

I put myself in her shoes and I felt absolutely horrible.
Seriously. the only info you guys have about the whole thing is a couple of paragraphs from a newspaper article and everyone is talking about her like they know what exactly happened. in the end we have no fucking clue what happened. we just know her child is dead and she neglected him, but we have no idea exactly how the whole thing went down. I still stick by my story.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't believe that Myke person is still trying to justify it or even say that we HAVE to be parents or we have no say. Even a teenager such as myself that has never spent more than maybe five minutes total around infants could have easily not screwed up that badly with something as simple as a bath.

Is it so hard to comprehend that it is common sense not to leave an infant unattended in the bath? Really?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Myke said:
how would you feel if you did the exact same thing to your child, and it could have been an accident but everyone is pointing the finger at you and calling you a murderer and unfit to raise your child.

Seriously. the only info you guys have about the whole thing is a couple of paragraphs from a newspaper article and everyone is talking about her like they know what exactly happened. in the end we have no fucking clue what happened. we just know her child is dead and she neglected him, but we have no idea exactly how the whole thing went down. I still stick by my story.
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." - William Shakespeare

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Myke said:
GundamXXX said:
omatic said:
frown.gif

I wouldnt do the same thing, because Im a responsible parent. This situation could literally NOT happen because I actually pay attention to my kid when hes doing something

The info we have is that the baby was having a bath and she was on FB and the kid died due to her negligence. Negligence = murder if it involves a child. End of story

And in case anything did happen to my child due to an accident and its my fault? Id probably kill myself

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This stupid bitch should be drowned herself end of story.
If you can't be bothered to watch your own children then you shouldn't have any.

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
again I NEVER EVER EVER said it was okay for her to do. I ALSO said that Jailtime is a must.

I just think that ragging on something like this about someone you don't know is pretty cowardly. In the end this is her business and her family's. not the whole internet's. There are ALWAYS circumstances to any story that get skewed.

you guys are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine so don't tell me to STFU. end of story.
and I I still believe that if you are not a parent you don't understand guilt for something you have done to your own flesh and blood. even if you are a babysitter it's not the same.

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was a giving rule that you only put a couple inches of water in the tube with a child that small. I think the women is lying about how long she left the kid in there. The quote says says she check on the kid once over a 10min period which just sounds strange considering she was playing a game uploading some videos and checking her news feed. I think she left the kid in there a lot longer then what she is saying. I also think that if she can lie to try and cover her ass about this then she really is not grieving for her child but only worried whats gonna happen to her.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well as soon as you said jail time it made it made it somebody elses bussiness, because tax payers somewhere are going to be paying so this stupid bitch can keep on living in a cell somewhere.

Btw I'm a parent too. This bitch should be dropped in the middle of the ocean so she can see what drownings like.

@ stevo1978 While that is true you should only have a little water in the bathtub it only takes around an inch of water to drown an infant. This bitch don't care she's lying to save her ass and FB games were more important at the time when the infant was drowning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it