Homebrew On 2020, please stop to advice the external HDD for your Wii U......

CyberAxe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cyberaxe.net
XP
Country
I jus
Hi Everyone,

when I read the various topics in this forum, I can read the replies from the peoples that in 2020 still advice the external HDD with the Y cable, because sometimes the normal USB cable doesn’t support all the energy requested to speed up the HDD internal disks and so on…….

So, to whom still has the doubts on it, in 2020 you can buy the really short and nice quality USB Pendrive with at least 256 GB (and from my opinion, under this point Samsung it makes really great job on it). So instead of to became mad with Y USB cables external HDDs with the consequences of corrupted files if doesn’t receive enough energy from the USB port and so on or Long USB Pendrivers or internal SSD Mods (that I love the modding worlds) …. Really, in our days you can get a really short USB Pendriver (as I post the picture below) with a lot of advantages:

1) No worries to achieve the USB energy specs (always check if they are compatible with USB 2.0), and free mind about future corrupted files as well.

2) More clean and easy for any users.

3) Keep fresher the Hardware, because the one that example I have bought it achieves 400 MB/s on read side (the new version) and the bandwidth of the USB 2.0 from the Wii U will never fill it because it will request around from 60 to 80 MB/s maximum. It translates that the entire Pendrive components keeps fresh and last for more long.

4) The model that I have it’s shock proof, x- ray proof, magnet proof and so on.

Here I have launched this provocative topic for everyone, just to drop the old point of view and to "hug" the new short models Pendrive brands and share as well the personal experiences of each everyone outside there….

I just bought that exact samsung fit usb drive, it does not work with the Wii U, comes up as not recognized and ironically came here while looking for advice of Wii U compatible usb drives as this one doesn't work.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I jus

I just bought that exact samsung fit usb drive, it does not work with the Wii U, comes up as not recognized and ironically came here while looking for advice of Wii U compatible usb drives as this one doesn't work.

try wd elements 2TB. that's what I use, and I play my wii u daily or just about every day for hours. never had a problem.

Reactions: Alexander1970

carlitos2200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My preference is to use an external powered hdd enclosure like the Seagate 4TB Game Drive. I swapped out the hdd for a smaller 1TB since I dont load all my game on it and use 128GB micro sd card for loadiine format games. I have tried with success using PNY 128GB USB stick but because of a power outage it was corrupted but it did work when I needed it. I did use a Y cable on a usb drive but the wire was awkward to use I had to flip over the drive upside down and wasnt flexible enough.

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I use a USB 3.0 external 1tb HDD from Western Digital. I just use an adapter from male to female to connect to the external HDD and a Y-Cable. I don't trust pendrives a lot.... I used to have a 128gb pendrive that died quite quickly.

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: