A way to format a Wii U "encrypted" external HDD

MarkosTheFlower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi guys, sorry if my english is so bad (I'm from Spain).
Today I've received a SATA to USB cable to put games on a HDD for my new Wii U. Sadly, I discovered that the USB ports of the Wii U aren't powerful enough to "read" the drive, so I've decided to try other external HDDs that I have from other consoles. Basically, I have one WD HDD 500GB that "works sometimes", so I've seen that if I plug back the Wii U formated HDD, the PC doesn't full recognize the device, only appears in Device Administrator but you can't do anything...
I was a bit sad knowing that I "lost" the device and it was encrypted and seeing on internet that it can be unrecoverable. But I've tried to put the device back on my Xbox 360, so, voilà!, you can reformat your HDD thanks to the Xbox 360 and make it back to normally.

So, I know it can be expensive, but here is a method to reformat you Wii U's HDD to normal if you have a Xbox 360.
Sirry if I didn't discovered the Americas to someone.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: SDIO

MarkosTheFlower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You can plug the drive into a computer and go under disk management if you want to repartition it.

You might have to look through this thread.
Ok sorry, I didn't see this thread. Basically in was searching how to format it because the device only appeared on device management (in disk management no, I don't know why) and in other pages they say it wasn't possible to reformat. If you want, I can delete this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?