Help, my Wii U running Tiramisu stopped recognising my HDD

SYCO_INFERNO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i was using the HDD even yesterday for playing games and today when i launched it, it did not recognize the hdd and it did not even show the please format the connected external USB i have no idea what to do please.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try a different cable but it is possible your hdd may have died.

1st options are obviously check or replace the cable, try it in a different port.

Last edited by Lostbhoy,

SYCO_INFERNO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i have check and my hard drive is recognised by the pc in disk manager
Post automatically merged:

and the cable i am using is a new one

Kok so I have opened the hdd and then I have lossened the screw over the reader and pluged it back in and now it woks

Thanks soo much for your help

Last edited by SYCO_INFERNO,
Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have check and my hard drive is recognised by the pc in disk manager

and the cable i am using is a new one

Kok so I have opened the hdd and then I have lossened the screw over the reader and pluged it back in and now it woks

Thanks soo much for your help
Awesome! :yayu: Good find with the screw...

Just be mindful if you ever have to move the hdd as the internal parts may be comprised if not held together. If its just sitting out of the way you should be good.

Maybe also a good idea to look into a new hdd and transfer all your data across, even as snapshot backup incase the worse happens.

Reactions: ArgoRV

SYCO_INFERNO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok
Small doubt so i was trying to reinstall tiramisu and the wii u is loading nand dumper as soon i power the wii u
and after dumping it comes back to the same screen

SYCO_INFERNO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks it worked but after deleting tiramisu and reinstalling it back it is saying that environmental loader relocation failed

@godreborn

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It should be simple, I guess. Just follow this guide in order to rebuild your SD card contents and you should be good to go.
Optional: If you plan on using Aroma environment as well, you can get the files needed from here. When copying to your SD card, be mindful of your SD card's folder structure.

Also, wait patiently for other users' replies, don't go making a separate thread (just to get help faster, I guess?).

Reactions: jeannotte

SYCO_INFERNO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be simple, I guess. Just follow this guide in order to rebuild your SD card contents and you should be good to go.
Optional: If you plan on using Aroma environment as well, you can get the files needed from here. When copying to your SD card, be mindful of your SD card's folder structure.

Also, wait patiently for other users' replies, don't go making a separate thread (just to get help faster, I guess?).
Ok will try

P.S. I will be sure to not make unnecessary threads

Hi

Need help with this

Need help with this error code OxFFFCFFE9

Attachments

• IMG_20230501_225114.jpg
    IMG_20230501_225114.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 14
Last edited by SYCO_INFERNO,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Let's start with the obvious: What kind of USB storage you're using, how's it connected? Is it USB flash drive? HDD within enclosure? Are you using Y cable? Self-powered HDD enclosure?

Reactions: SYCO_INFERNO

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I guess we can rule out the SSD, provided everything's okay with it? Did you let Wii U format it to its own format before trying to install games to it? Is this the first game that gave you that error? In other words, have you installed any other game without issues so far?

Try plugging the SSD's USB cable into the top back port if the console's place horizontally and see if that helps. Make sure to always properly power down the console before you unplug the external storage.

If that doesn't help, files might have gotten corrupted in transfer to your SD card. Are you using Wii U USB Helper to get your files? Provided that you do, I wonder if there's a way to check downloaded files' integrity, to make sure everything's downloaded correctly?

If there's no option to check the files' integrity, I'd remove the files for this game you're trying to install from the SD card, then copy the files one more time to SD card with Wii U USB Helper and give WUP Installer GX another try once you're on Wii U side again. If that doesn't help, I'd remove the game from PC and download it again, copy the newly downloaded files to SD card and try again via WUP Installer GX.

If that doesn't work either, try either NUSSpli or WIIUDownloader instead. Those tools work much better for me.

NUSSpli allows you to download install files directly from console via wireless or LAN adapter to USB storage and install them afterwards i.e. skips the part where you have to connect your SD card to the PC in order to copy the install files so that you can install them via WUP Installer GX. Downside is that the downloading may take some time as WiFi speeds are pretty bad (around 15 Mbps tops). If you have a compatible LAN adapter, like the official Wii USB LAN adapter, that will boost your speeds up to 30 Mbps or so which isn't all that bad.

As for the WiiUDownloader, it's an alternative to Wii U USB Helper.

Other things that could possibly fix your issue:
1) Update your WUP Installer GX - You can do that easily via Homebrew App Store app that you can download from here. (If using Tiramisu, grab the .rpx file)
2) Install Ticket Cleaner via Homebrew App Store. - Not sure if this can help, this tool removes tickets for titles not installed as well as duplicated ones (except for DLC tickets).

That's all I can do for now, hopefully something will work. Good luck!

SYCO_INFERNO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok
Yes I did allow the Wii u to format it and I had installed other games into the SSD.

I actually use a different thing to download the games other than Wii u helper i use FunKiiUnet

Ok I will check the integrity of the files.
If it I does or not work I will download the game again and check later

P.S.:Thanks for helping me

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1