Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
How about you deal with it?, most of the replies to my posts are very childish
Pretty sure you've got that backwards. We provide logical arguments and you say things like "pwecious wittle console".

But the_randomizer is right, we're wasting time on you. You've got your mind set and refuse to consider any alternative, even though all evidence points to you being wrong. You don't even have the console, and yet you think you know what the games are like and how they look. Even if they looked like crap (well MH3U does look blocky because it's based on the same frames as Tri), only immature kids care about graphics. That's one reason why there are so many terrible games these days, developers focus more on graphics than gameplay.

And like the_randomizer, I'll be enjoying my Wii U. I think I've got around 600 hours total logged on my Wii U, and that's almost entirely from 3 games (I've got like 10, I just haven't gotten to them yet).

Reactions: the_randomizer

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty sure you've got that backwards. We provide logical arguments and you say things like "pwecious wittle console".

But the_randomizer is right, we're wasting time on you. You've got your mind set and refuse to consider any alternative, even though all evidence points to you being wrong. You don't even have the console, and yet you think you know what the games are like and how they look. Even if they looked like crap (well MH3U does look blocky because it's based on the same frames as Tri), only immature kids care about graphics. That's one reason why there are so many terrible games these days, developers focus more on graphics than gameplay.

And like the_randomizer, I'll be enjoying my Wii U. I think I've got around 600 hours total logged on my Wii U, and that's almost entirely from 3 games (I've got like 10, I just haven't gotten to them yet).

I love how you WiiU fanboys will nitpick the living shit out of a statement and ignore everything else, how about you see what posts I repied to when I called you children before you take the high road, champ? Also totally love the completely unrelated rant about how graphics are irrelevant, even though you were the same guy jerking off about the graphics a few posts ago, gotta love that hypocrisy! At this point in time I don't know if you guys are fucking with me, since this has only been constant ad-hominems and strawmen and nitpicking from a bunch of people that sound like they're trying their hardest to convince themselves that they didn't piss away 300 bucks.

Have fun playing those same three games for another 600 hours man! Three games that probably already exist on other consoles...

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How about you deal with it?, most of the replies to my posts are very childish so I'll call it like I see it, Mr. 'I bet he's got a stick up his ass'

Anyways, they usually don't bounce back, N64 and GCN didn't suddenly start selling more and get more third party support two years in. with Nintendo the pattern is either you're a roaring success from the getgo or it's a downhill ride. And reception for the WiiU is lower than the N64 or GCN, so...just hope history doesn't repeat itself eh?

EDIT: also I'll keep calling the WiiU a 'pwecious wittle console', it's a video game console, you don't need to defend its honor.

You know, if you're gonna say people are acting childish, you shouldn't act like a 9 year old yourself. oh, and some research never hurts anyone.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
You know, if you're gonna say people are acting childish, you shouldn't act like a 9 year old yourself. oh, and some research never hurts anyone.
Don't bother, we've been through this with her. She'll probably say you're childish for calling her childish.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
lrn2read, I'm 18 and a girl. and please just...stop, your comments are painfully stupid. Are you Guild girlfriend?

Anyways, Nintendo will obviously never fail, that's just wishful thinking. however the WiiU itself will very likely be doomed, the sales are kind of pointing in that direction and yes, doom as in it's headed for an undesirable result unless Nintendo takes charge. you guys should stop assuming I said things I really didn't, but people gonna strawman. You know the 3DS didn't do good in sales at first either and the Wii U only slightly under preformed in initial sales. That doesn't make a doomed system, it hasn't even been out for a year yet. Give Nintendo some more time and for some more games to come out and the system can have a turn around.

On topic: I still think it's wise of Nintendo to not do that much for E3 this year. Not having a big show will save them money, not to mention the Nintendo Directs are cheap and seem to rather popular.
And E3 is doomed, I don't expect to see if lasting through this generation, if the Nintendo Directs hit off and the others start doing the same, then there will be no need for E3.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Stop comparing WiiU to 3DS, the handheld market is a very different demographic than the home market. Price cut still won't make the WiiU appealing for people who probably have consoles that play many of the same games WiiU currently has.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Stop comparing WiiU to 3DS, the handheld market is a very different demographic than the home market. Price cut still won't make the WiiU appealing for people who probably have consoles that play many of the same games WiiU currently has.

Actually a price cut would make it more appealing. Maybe it won't to you, but come the Holiday season, if the Wii U is the cheaper system on market, that's the system everyone is going to buy.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't even begin to comprehend how you can unironically post something like that.

Ad hominem

my_hair_is_a_bird.jpg

Reactions: Bladexdsl

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can't even begin to comprehend how you can unironically post something like that.

Most likely because you have been just ignoring what people have been telling you and passing it off as "fanboy" when a lot of it is fact. People have even agreed that the system had a rocky start, but that doesn't make it doomed. Nintendo can afford a rocky start, hell they kinda need it so they can learn to step up their game.

I personally want to see Nintendo suffer some loses so they don't allow the Wii U to be like the Wii. In other words, I don't want to see their 3RD party be mostly shovelware again.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Guys, unless we start ignoring Disorarara, we'll just keep going in the same circle. She's just trolling, and doing a pretty good job at it.

I don't think they could do a normal E3 presentation if they wanted to spend money on it. The Nintendo Directs are cool, but because of their very existence I seriously doubt Nintendo would have enough for a full on E3 presentation. Normally companies save almost all their news for one week in the year. Nintendo has spread it out in about one per month. I think they'd have to cancel the remaining Nintendo Directs to have enough content.

I am wondering what it will be like for those of us who want to watch live. Will it just be someone walking around with a video camera?

Reactions: The Catboy

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Ad hominem

What's wrong, few wanks short of an orgasm?

You didn't have any point to begin with, stop using words you clearly don't understand. Also don't think you saved yourself by editing quickly after you googled it and realized that 'unironic' is in fact, correct.

Also really tasteful statement, man.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Most likely because you have been just ignoring what people have been telling you and passing it off as "fanboy" when a lot of it is fact. People have even agreed that the system had a rocky start, but that doesn't make it doomed. Nintendo can afford a rocky start, hell they kinda need it so they can learn to step up their game.

Honestly I personally want to see Nintendo suffer some loses so they don't allow the Wii U to be like the Wii. In other words, I don't want to see their 3RD party be mostly shovelware again.

Exactly what have people been telling me? I have not seen one goddamn point that wasn't nitpicking over graphics or offhand statements made to other unrelated statements, read my original post, and then see how much of that was 'refuted' with 'fact', which would be impossible since it's an observation and speculation. if I didn't know any better I'd say you guys were fucking with me.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't have any point to begin with, stop using words you clearly don't understand. Also don't think you saved yourself by editing quickly after you googled it and realized that 'unironic' is in fact, correct.

Also really tasteful statement, man.

Thanks for the compliment! I'll be sure to hang around this thread. You've really made the Temp more exciting with your insightful contributions! ;)

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Guys, unless we start ignoring Disorarara, we'll just keep going in the same circle. She's just trolling, and doing a pretty good job at it.

I don't think they could do a normal E3 presentation if they wanted to spend money on it. The Nintendo Directs are cool, but because of their very existence I seriously doubt Nintendo would have enough for a full on E3 presentation. Normally companies save almost all their news for one week in the year. Nintendo has spread it out in about one per month. I think they'd have to cancel the remaining Nintendo Directs to have enough content.

I am wondering what it will be like for those of us who want to watch live. Will it just be someone walking around with a video camera?
I am pretty sure the Nintendo directs would be way cheaper than E3, I mean it's not like they are doing this massive presentation where they have pay for all kinds of stuff. It's mostly one guy, talking to a camera, some text, and a few game clips. It's not like they hire a bunch of people to act anything out or set up this massive set, hell I am pretty sure the most expensive thing there would the camera they are using and that was most likely a one time payment.
Honestly there's no point setting something big and expensive for E3, when they can easily get the same amount of attention (if not more) through something cheaper like the Nintendo Direct.
I mean clearly no one cares about E3 anymore, Microsoft didn't even wait for it to show off their new system and Sony isn't waiting either. If either of them cared, then they would have waited, but instead they didn't.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I think Nintendo Direct has both good and bad points, both related to publicity.
  • Good: Console owners can watch it directly on their 3DS or Wii U, and it's available on Youtube.
  • Bad: Fewer people who aren't big fans of Nintendo will see it (sorry, I know that's poor wording).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.