OMG WII U dooomed...nintendo not showcasing e3...blah blah blah

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by wartutor, May 18, 2013.

1. wartutor
    OP

wartutor Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2012
    United States
    why the hell is it I keep hearing all this in every thread i read on here and yet noone has stated (or at least that i read any way) that during e3 i can goto my local BEST BUY and PLAY UNRELEASED games (like i was actually at e3) instead of just watching them on a friggin utube feed...damn this is epic...excellent marketing ploy...even people unknowing that happen to be in best buy will be like wtf is going on let me check it out...fuck e3 u stay at home and watch what $ony and microsoft have in store i'm goin to see what nintendo has in store in my own hand...sounds better to me...hope they continue to do these even after e3...little showings at best buy (or gamestop, target, walmart) this sounds so much better...hell should be front page news if u ask me...play games before there released...

oh and for all u "wheres ur source...i want proof" guys out there...watch the last minute of yesterdays nintendo direct

2. izzydeank

izzydeank Banned

Banned
    Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    Pro Nintendo threads don't get hits silly. Plus the best arguments come from the anti Nintendo news.

wartutor likes this.
  3. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    Not really news....

And damn that post was shit to read @___@

ggyo, YamiHoshi.nl and gamefan5 like this.
  4. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    Calm down dear.

frogboy, ggyo and YamiHoshi.nl like this.
  5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    What appears to be a single sentence of a length that I, a person I believe generally not noted for brevity of sentences, have to sit back and take note of, punctuation largely absent, some dubious spelling and a single talking point of suspect relevance to the supposed matter at hand. A classic rant sir, I have not seen one of this grade in a while.

6. wartutor
    OP

wartutor Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2012
    United States
    lol was ment to get attention. I guess it worked. Just think that it should be out there that u can play games at best buy that they are showcasing during e3. I'm not upset or nothing about it. I actually think it's funny to read all the Wii u is doomed post (I remember when ps3 came out and everyone said the same thing cause it was $699 retail) I also seen a few games i can't wait to snag up when they come out (damn i seem to keep giving nintendo my money lol) well not nintendo i own almost all systems and collect games (odyssey2, texas instrument, nes, snes, n64, genesis, sega cd, dreamcast, saturn, ps1, ps2, ps3, wii, wii u, ds, 3ds with over 2000 games total) actually only thing i never got into collecting is the xbox/360...just don't care for it lol

kehkou likes this.
  7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    nintendo direct is their e3 and they don't have to wait to do it

8. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    Yeahhh. Sure. Seems like a "*say something stupid* JUST TROLLING LULZ" scenario. [/offtopic]

gamefan5 likes this.
  9. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    In all honesty, Nintendo has gotten a lot of flak for years since the GameCube that they are doomed and will be going out of business soon. These days, (not trying to start shit guys) it seems like Michael Pachter is leading that front.

Personally I love my WiiU. I mean the ability to have 5 player co-op just adds so much to a game (like Smash Bros could make it so intense). I have faith in Nintendo. They've never given me a reason to say "Fuck you Nintendo, you let me down". They give me the games I crave. They give me that ability to escape my life and be someone else and live a story/life that I dream about.

10. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    On a serious note, take up on the WiiU hasn't been great. UK sales of the thing have been really poor. Games cold sell less than 1000 units and be number one on the WiiU charts. From my experiences, people either know jack shit about the system or completely apathetic to the system stemming from the Wii. Losing EA is support is a bitch, if Ninty wants the WiiU to be the nominal 'mainstream hardcore' system, it's going to struggle with Fifa which is a stable in a European gamer's diet.

11. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Stop with the victim syndrome, nobody's out on a mission to get Nintendo. Hell, look at the PokeFlood threads and tell me with a straight face that Nintendo threads don't get "hits".

Perhaps making a USN thread about it would've been a good idea then?

No, it wasn't. It was $599 for the 60GB model and $499 for the 20GB one.

You should totally try them out then to complete your collection - the 360 controller is great and Microsoft has quite a few fun exclusives for their platform.

ggyo likes this.
  12. izzydeank

izzydeank Banned

Banned
    Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    I was jk. Nintendo threads get lots of hits negative or positive. People feel strongly about the Big N one way or another. Sorta like Apple, but way less and different. lol

13. Loversan

Loversan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I think it would be better if you could just play a demo...instead of going to the actual store..........(?)

14. SnAQ

SnAQ GBAtemp Fan

May 20, 2010
    Nintendo better show allt if footage from the new Zelda and the new Mario in their E3 direct or I'm going to be sad!

15. Scuba156

Scuba156 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2010
    Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing, I mean its great that I can go to my local best buy and try out this games instead of watching an E3 presentation. Never mind that my local best buy is only a simple plane trip half way round the globe...

16. Etkar.H

Etkar.H GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2009
    Norway
    Earth
    Made it readable.

17. rizzod

rizzod Not a New Member

Jul 30, 2008
    oh my god another thread like this... tell me.. did the_randomizer put you up to this? be honest... we won't tell

18. wartutor
    OP

wartutor Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2012
    United States
    lol thx etkar.h for the edit...and no though i'm surprised he hasnt popped into this thread yet to leave a little quirk or two :)...on the subject of best buy would be awesome if they had a demo of zelda available to play but i know thats asking too much lol

i wouldn't mind taking a plane trip half way around the world...although it wouldn't be to best buy...well amsterdam (could probably call that my "best buy") hell probably would never return ;)

kehkou likes this.
  19. mkdms14

mkdms14 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    My understanding is it will only be a few Best Buy stores participating in this not all of them. Meaning out of the thousands of stores located in the country you might get maybe 50 who will be doing it. I have no evidence on this although it would be awesome if it was all Best Buy stores.

20. wartutor
    OP

wartutor Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2012
    United States
    yeah i think i heard in that jumbled mess at the end of nintendo direct the words 'at participating'