Old account gone

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by area, Jan 4, 2015.

1. area
    OP

area Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2015
    I'm a long-term, if sporadic, user of GBATemp. I wanted to post today, and tried to log in, only to find my account totally missing.

My old posts can still be found (see e.g. this thread from 2002 or this one from 2009). I was hoping that recreating this account would reassociate my account with those posts, but no such luck.

I'm mostly sad that my join date was lost, as I was a very early member. I registered for this account with the same email address as my original account (which I confirmed using my email records), in the hope that this is sufficient proof of identity. Can anything be done to recover my old account details? Are inactive accounts culled?

2. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    hi area,

Unfortunately seems like your account has been deleted. This normally only happens when a user specifically requests it... I have no explanation. Maybe your account was lost during our transition from IPB to XenForo 2 years ago?

Maybe if you find a forum page with one of your posts on the Internet Archive, we can see your former user ID and join date, and it can be restored ...

good luck

3. area
    OP

area Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2015
  4. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    what would you like restored?
    I think I could edit your registration date, but your user ID that will be harder, we might break the consistency of SQL data

5. area
    OP

area Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2015
    Ideally both, but if you feel uncomfortable with trying to restore the user id, then I'm sure I could make do with just the join date.

6. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
  7. Brynhild

Brynhild Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2015
    I'm in your very same situation. I registered some years ago but, due to recurrent issues with my computer, I haven't logged in for a long time. I've just discovered that my account was lost. No big deal anyway - it takes a minute to register, and I've used the same e-mail, so I'm just glad to be back.

8. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    that archive link brought back some memories.

-another world

9. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Fake News Reporter

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Yes, and I stll miss the old unique style of GBAtemp. Nowadays GBAtemp looks like any generic XenForo site. (btw, why is gbatemp still on an outdated version of xenforo?)

Margen67 likes this.