Gaming OK... I'll be the 1st to Bash Golden Sun DS.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm damn got a little touchy in here.
biggrin.gif

NSRSM:
Which sequel, the DS title? The only media I watched was some video showing a bunch of chit chat on screen and then what one of the summons animations looked like, had not seen a combat sequence. I was basing all my abuse of the series off the 2 existing games. I wasted money on the first, ROM'd the second to not be happy with it either which is why I said what I did and it's fair going off existing product.

I'm not sure why you're getting so hot about them not being stand out so they do, never debated that as I said outside of the random dumb move of no-clue to find djinni and the crusty no-retarget stuff I said it was quality so where's the fight?

Dobz: thanks, at least you see my point. It's not so much that it affected me badly a lot as I would work around it, but it was aggravating as hell on that first play through because you have no idea how potent/hp something has until it's dead. It just seemed dumb as I think of it as real life for a joke to set the mood here. You get into a fist fight with 3 people, you knock the first bastard out, and then the other 2 pound your ass with one free hit before you can respond back. Not smart, and hurts too.
biggrin.gif

Private: That's exactly the one I'm talking about. I just happened to get GB Advance magazine due to having NP mag as that first one was free and it had a full Golden Sun guide. I would have never gone to that one, and this other in a grassland area i think it was also totally off the beaten path. The rest if you didn't cut out large areas of dungeons that were mostly required to do you'd get the rest, but not those few. It was ignorant and stupid as it comes as oversights go.

All in all, I never saw more videos because all the most visual press given on sites I hit just showed that 8min counter puzzle thing and the summon monster transform and attack animation bit. I never saw one showing how combat worked, so I'll take your word on it as I can't go playing around right now to confirm it that it WILL re-target if something is dead, and we can hope there's no more 'random djinni in the wild' crap again. If those 2 issues are solved I'll buy this, as I liked everything about the game but that which just wore me out enough not to care to finish the game ever.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
Umm damn got a little touchy in here.
biggrin.gif

NSRSM:
Which sequel, the DS title? The only media I watched was some video showing a bunch of chit chat on screen and then what one of the summons animations looked like, had not seen a combat sequence. I was basing all my abuse of the series off the 2 existing games. I wasted money on the first, ROM'd the second to not be happy with it either which is why I said what I did and it's fair going off existing product.

I'm not sure why you're getting so hot about them not being stand out so they do, never debated that as I said outside of the random dumb move of no-clue to find djinni and the crusty no-retarget stuff I said it was quality so where's the fight?

Yeah the DS title.

For not standing out that was something I just stated not for an argument.

Private:Well I guess it isn't a "classic" RPG if your comparing it to "Final Fantasy".

I guess I agree on the random djinn part it was kinda stupid I mean I had to print out a guide for them and everything.
angry.gif

Yeah in some of the new e3 2010 vids they had a battle demo and the Isaac look alike killed a enemy and the next party member attacked the next one instead of the "I am defending" action from previous games.

So if they are going the djinn route they should have a djinn guide come with the game that way you don't have to fuss about finding them. (they won't but that would be nice)

And I'm pretty sure it has been stated but I'll say it anyway you can CHOOSE between touchscreen controls and traditional controls.

If there is anything I have to bash this series on it is how you hold items I mean I can understand regular items and weapons sure but relics or psynergy items just took up too much space(and that is stupid). THAT NEEDS FIXED

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
1) Random djinni hiding somewhere in the map, not in caves or whatever, so if you don't cheat (hacks, patches, cheat books, or gamefaqs) you'll never get powered up well enough.
2) Most aggravating, the retard stunt of if 3 guys target 1 enemy and it dies, the other 2 morons refuse to attack another target and stand there as a punching bag for a turn. That may have flown with gamers back in 1987-1990 with FF1 but not now.

1 - And? A number of RPGs do much worse. Also for people who finished it without knowing and found out there was more to do, it's a warm welcome as it means you're not done with a beloved game. Hell, it's easy enough to miss things in Tales games that are 'one time' only.

Vampire Hunter D said:
That's nice you're so forgiving of RPG staples that were abandoned 20years ago for being out of touch and shitty even back then. There's nothing wrong with exploration, but when you've got to just wander all over the overworld map to happen on a more or less necessary power up, that's crap. And to have characters too stupid to re-target the next target is just ignorantly bad design.

Private|Parts said:
Characters being too stupid to retarget is definitely annoying, but it didn't detract from my experience with the first two. However, if they have fixed it I'll be the first to praise them.

2 - The argument is about as good as steal in an RPG. They want to keep a level of strategy, not diminish it and turn it into a press A repeatedly RPG, like FF. Hell, in FF1DoS, you can literally hold A through a battle. Targeting? No point. Magic? Why bother? It was a game that played itself as you progressed.

QUOTE(NSRSM @ Jun 26 2010, 04:21 AM)
If there is anything I have to bash this series on it is how you hold items I mean I can understand regular items and weapons sure but relics or psynergy items just took up too much space(and that is stupid). THAT NEEDS FIXED
That wasn't so bad, especially in GS2. Unless for some reason you needed to have a lot of items. Which makes it a bit questionable. Maybe you had trouble because you had 'too many' items? Etc.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to have all the weapons but there really isn't any room for all the weapons and equipment

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the game looks great, since it stays true to the camelot-stile of the first two games. For me it looks just like the first two: just in 3D, which IMO is a good thing!

I also think that Touchscreen-controls will be a good addition, because I quite enjoy selecting and managing things with a TS and I assume using synergy in the overworld will feel better as well when used with the TS! I never had a problem with moving characters with the TS so overall I think it was a good choice.

I think the Golden Sun games have over all one of the best fighting-systems (thanks to the Djinns) and best "puzzles" (thank to the synergy) of any RPG and I`m really looking forward to this. I have no doubt this game will be great after seeing this last trailer and the hands-on-footage!

dobz

Trophies
XP
Country
Vampire Hunter D said:
All in all, I never saw more videos because all the most visual press given on sites I hit just showed that 8min counter puzzle thing and the summon monster transform and attack animation bit. I never saw one showing how combat worked, so I'll take your word on it as I can't go playing around right now to confirm it that it WILL re-target if something is dead, and we can hope there's no more 'random djinni in the wild' crap again. If those 2 issues are solved I'll buy this, as I liked everything about the game but that which just wore me out enough not to care to finish the game ever.

see from 2:00

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: