OK... I'll be the 1st to Bash Golden Sun DS.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Njrg, Jun 18, 2010.

Jun 18, 2010
  1. Njrg
    OP

Banned Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

United States
    Don't get me wrong. I can't wait for it. OH MY GAW OH MY GAW OH MY GAW!

But I kind of don't like the "face" of the character models (Not the battle models) I preferred the simple GBA ones with a character image by the dialogue.

Its also scary as hell to see any touch controls. I can only hope they're mild. I just hope Touching is kept to the basics. I really don't want any "minigame" gimmicks integrated into my psynergy or something.

I also wish the battle sequences are quick, I hardly want to see the camera focusing on my character at 3-4 different angles while attacking or psynergy.

I have no doubt its going to be GOTY or in the very least RPGOTY, but does anyone have anything that irks them about the game based on the trailers?

Unrelated: I hope theres a mute button for slippy in SF64 3DS.

2. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    I don't like the touch controls either, Golden Sun is awesome with button controls and I assume the touch controls will most likely suck, just like nearly any other GBA->DS game port/sequel. Hey, I actually agree with something you said! [​IMG]

I don't like the faces either, but who knows, it might turn out to be not so bad after all, and that faces are only there for important people?

Battles sequences will most likely be able to be skipped, at least I recall being able to do that in the original Golden Sun so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it now. So, don't worry about them too much.

3. quezcotl

Member quezcotl GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    what I dislike a lot is the design of characters in some NDS games... ff3,suikoden and now golden sun.
    its too childish and cartoonish.
    I rather have sprites or cel-shading then these ... I mean its even worse then FF7, people have giant heads with tiny bodies.
    I dislike it.

4. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    What I dislike about Golden Sun DS is the release date.

And the fact that, unlike Final Fantasy, I won't know what the fuck's going on unless I've played and finished the previous games.

5. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    I agree with the release date, a September release would be better.

You still have time, get yourself NO$GBA and download the two GS titles and finish them unless you own a slot-2, then just use that.

6. Inunah

United States
    I have a save file in the first Golden Sun, but i'm at a spot in the overworld where I gotta get in a fucking town and heal at the inn or I'll die after like 2 hits, but the fucking guy won't let me in the town and I have to go through the cave. If I try to go back to the first town, I get in a battle and die. If I try to go through the cave, I get in a battle and die. If I try to go in the town the guard basically says "stay the fuck out" and the only way is back.
    I have used every ounce of healing I could possibly use, as well.

7. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    There are other golden sun games? I never heard of it until they announced it at E3.

8. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    You have probably never heard of
    • the GBA
    • common sense
    because it seems quite logical to me that a game that has 'DS' in the title exists on other platforms, too.

9. Inunah

United States
    Nah, there was a game or two on the DS I noticed had DS in the name and wasn't on any other platform... But that was a few years back... I think they were cancelled.

10. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    You are forgotting some important thing. Half of the magic of Golden Sun is the music.
    Motoi Sakuraba isnt confirmed yet [​IMG]

about the graphics... I prefer 2d clean graphics (Like tales of hearts)
    but the 3d models... they arent that bad!

11. Fel

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    Njrg: Actually, you aren't the first to bash it here, there were definitively comments like that in the new trailers and I think I even saw a similar thread few days back. [​IMG] But you're not bashing it, at least not from what I view as bashing, I see it just as expressing concerns about the beloved series. Almost everyone is worrying to some extent if the game will be up to GS standards and if the touch screen will be optional, but not required. [​IMG]

I personally hope that the Djinnies will have more power in the game and won't be so helpless like in the demo (and that "tutorial" will not be in the game itself), because that was so ...illogical and did change the atmosphere of the world. They should be after all able to command their own element, right? So the earth djinny could have easily used earth to move or destroy the block of wood or whatever it was, while the water djinny could have raised the water himself. Ugh!!!
    From what I've seen in the trailers they aren't cartoonish at all, they are exactly like in GS on the GBA and look normal, their bodies and heads are not disbalanced. To compare it with games which have really a small body with big head like FF3, 4 or partly Suikoden (it's not that bad there) is sacrilege.

Inunah: Have you tried fleeing the battles? You always recover MP, so you can try running back, fleeing battles and using cure. But it's somewhere during the half of the game, right? Because I'm sure once you travel by sea there aren't any towns which wouldn't admit you, at least I don't remember that. Which town is it that kicks you out?
    And if that solution doesn't work, just restart the game. I played through the game twice, and can tell it's faster when you know what's where and so forth, so if you'd like to know the story it's very little to ask of you to restart the game. After all, GS has the best overworld I've seen so far, with best animations and everything, so playing through it unlike some other games is a blessing, it's not tedious at all. I would have finished the game for the third time, but I remember that I was testing something on that playthrough, I think it was if I could finish the game without leveling, and once I got into the second desert I somehow stopped. Was it because I could not be bothered to go on, as I had another game to play, and it was a bit harder without the levels because I wanted to fight Deadbeard, or was it because it was impossible to finish him off without some proper leveling, which I couldn't due to something? I'm not sure....

Anyway, the point is, don't even try to whine about it, if you want to know the story, then get going and either try to fleeing technique or start the game anew if that doesn't work. [​IMG]

12. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    The topic made me think "Captain Basch von Ronsenberg of Dalmasca"

13. Inunah

United States
    Your comment made me think

DON'T LISTEN TO ONDORE'S LIES!

14. Njrg
    OP

Banned Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

United States
    [​IMG]

15. Bowza

Banned Bowza Banned

Gabon
    Do a barrel roll!

16. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Truth be told, I never actually like any of the Golden Sun games.

Slow, repetitive... Yeah. Golden Sun DS for me? No.

17. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    both were fake.But they encouraged Camelot to make them [​IMG]

18. Osaka

Member Osaka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    if it has anything like "touch only" controls Ill never play it -.-;

19. Zane

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
    I love the fact they added touch controlls. That was the first thought i had when i thought of a golden Sun for the DS, swipe a statue to make it move, etc etc. Sure after watching that odd fireball thing on the E3 showfloor, i got abit scared they'll add alot of minigames involving the Touchscreen. But other then that i like the idea of touchbased pysenergy moves.

20. Volture

Newcomer Volture Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Touch controls are not cool. I always hated those :/. I just want to play with both my free hands and not with a pen in my hand or having to stop everytime I reach a point where I need to use psynergy and pick up my stylus. I mean, sure, I'm going to play it even though it has those psynergy touch controls, but it does make it less enjoyable for me.