Hacking Ok, I need someone with knowledge and patience.

Wiiownzzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been on this site for weeks and the last hack I did was SoftMii v2.1.1 and I'm on firmware 3.2U. I KNOW that there is a new hack available and If someone could please tell me what I need to upgrade to the newer hack. My Wii is my baby, I got it the day it came out (November 19th, 2006) and I don't want to just try something that I'm not 110% sure about, please can someone tell me or kindly show me a guide that I can use from where I'm at. Thank you very much.

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do almost any mod with the wii then,as long as you install BootMii as your boot2,just make a NAND backup.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is no new softmii as of now.

There is the USB-Loader. You can find it and cIOS rev12 on waninkoko.info and alternative versions here in the Wiki.

Since your Wii is you baby you would probably want to install bootmii. It's 99% brick protection. http://bootmii.org/
A new Homebrewchannel and DVDX are also includet in that installer.

Wiiownzzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm not that out of date? All I do is install bootmii and the new cios? I can just install the cios at my current state? I really want to make sure I don't mess up my Wii. Which one do I install first the cios or bootmii?

SSSMOKN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest Bootmii first. Do a NAND backup and then you are safe to do what ever you want without any worries.

Wiiownzzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow...I don't even know how to install bootmii...I put it in my apps folder and it isn't showing on my homebrew. Am I even doing it right? I'm sorry maybe if they gave me instructions I would know what to do...

Wiiownzzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I got it to work, which one do I choose? Install BootMii as boot2 or Install BootMii as IOS? Reply fast please.

Wiiownzzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
boot2... ofcourse you could just do both but boot2 gives you brick protection.

OK thank you. If there was a cookie system or reward system I would give all of you like 100 cookies. Besides the new cios, anything else that's interesting I could install?

Wiiownzzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I get this bootmii screen whenever I turn on my Wii. Is there a way to skip that screen, maybe change some settings. I also did a backup on my NAND, I have a bad block...what makes bad blocks bad?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad blocks are bad because they came that way from the factory. They don't do anything so don't worry about them.

You can type AUTOBOOT=HBC or something in the bootmii.ini on your SD card and it'll go into the HBC after a certain amount of time. There's a similar setting to go into the System Menu.

Or you could just take your SD card out before booting the Wii.

Wiiownzzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Bad blocks are bad because they came that way from the factory. They don't do anything so don't worry about them.

You can type AUTOBOOT=HBC or something in the bootmii.ini on your SD card and it'll go into the HBC after a certain amount of time. There's a similar setting to go into the System Menu.

Or you could just take your SD card out before booting the Wii.

Ok thanks.
smileipb2.png

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
Fuck me, do some basic research. all your questions have been answered countless times. you say you "don't want to just try something that I'm not 110% sure about" so how bout to you actually pull your finger out and do some research of your own?

becker2384

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
How about you ease up a little. cause I've search these forums sometimes and come around in a full circle just as confused if not more confused sometimes. If your not going to be helpful why even waste your time insulting someone?

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed BootMii as boot2 but how do I do a NAND backup? I don't see BootMii anyway in the HBC other than the installer itself? I do see the blue light flash quickly so I know BootMii is installed in my Wii, help please? thanks

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you see the blue lights flashing, then your SD Card is not properly prepared (with hackmii installer) or your bootmii.ini file contains some wrong entry or your SD Card is not suppored or your SD isn't in the Wii...

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supagusti said:
If you see the blue lights flashing, then your SD Card is not properly prepared (with hackmii installer) or your bootmii.ini file contains some wrong entry or your SD Card is not suppored or your SD isn't in the Wii...

my SDHC card is not supported but I used a SD card and it worked and I did a NAND backup, Wiibrew had the solution while BootMii site didn't, unbelievable

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
yeah, bootmii is a little picky with sd cards at the moment it seems, lol.

I'm sure they will get it all sorted in the next few releases.

should I be worried that I had no bad blocks during my NAND backup? is it ok to copy my NAND backup to my SDHC card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??