Hardware I need help to find the best screwdriver on ali express

splanshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help i sreach on ali express wii repair tool but idk this screwdrivers set can remove all wii cuz i gonna swap my wii shell. Please reply me and find best wii repair set can remove all wii screw's.
And thanks you.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Any Y-Wing 3-Wing will do as long as it's 3.0 bit size.
Lower and won't grip the screws.

You'll also need Phillips +-wing screw but can't remember if it's 1 or 1.5 bit size.

I own a cheapo set of removable bits screwdriver that thus far has helped me not only with Wii and other Consoles and Cartridges, but also for children's toys.

Have in mind that if you plan to get a set of screwdrivers, do not get chinese generics because won't last long and you won't find replacements for broken pieces. Always go for known brands, it'll be easy to find spares if you ever need to.

If it's not in your possibility or simply don't want to, get Chromed Steel screwdrivers, those will last a long time.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For tools in particular I would highly recommend investing a little more to get some that will last you the next 20-40 years at a minimum.

Ifixit has great sets that are specifically for repairing all sorts of consoles, mobile devices, and similar. They're good quality and priced fairly. You also can get a bunch of sets with small extra parts like spudgers and prying tools to help you get shells apart without damaging them. Getting a decent beginners set from them basically allows you to take apart 90% of the devices on the market, be it laptops, gaming consoles, or a large variety of other doodads at home.

If you want to get into more involved repairs, or even building your own things, Knipex usually offers a good balance of cost and value for all sorts of handy work. Though they're not really aimed at gaming console repair but more generalized electric and handy man works.

Reactions: emcintosh

splanshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any Y-Wing 3-Wing will do as long as it's 3.0 bit size.
Lower and won't grip the screws.

You'll also need Phillips +-wing screw but can't remember if it's 1 or 1.5 bit size.

I own a cheapo set of removable bits screwdriver that thus far has helped me not only with Wii and other Consoles and Cartridges, but also for children's toys.

Have in mind that if you plan to get a set of screwdrivers, do not get chinese generics because won't last long and you won't find replacements for broken pieces. Always go for known brands, it'll be easy to find spares if you ever need to.

If it's not in your possibility or simply don't want to, get Chromed Steel screwdrivers, those will last a long time.
Just only tri wing 3.0 mm screwdriver and phillips 1 or 1.5mm only?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Can't help ya, I got a iFixit screwdriver kit, and it's been top-notch for everything. Even has proprietary bits for things like those triangular McDonalds toy screws.

1703179036701.png

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
But on ali express the screwdriver is fit perfectly and remove all screws?
Do you even know how screws works? trolololololol.
No seriously, there's a reason why screws has numbered sizes.
IMG_20231221_112812_507.jpg

For Wii and overall Nintendo consoles/handhelds you need Tri-Wing 3 and Phillips PH0.
Unless you disassemble Gamecube and prior from which you'll need proprietary "Gamebit" screws which I haven't been able to find.

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: Blythe93

splanshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you even know how screws works? trolololololol.
No seriously, there's a reason why screws has numbered sizes.
View attachment 409827

For Wii and overall Nintendo consoles/handhelds you need Tri-Wing 3 and Phillips PH0.
Unless you disassemble Gamecube and prior from which you'll need proprietary "Gamebit" screws which I haven't been unable to find.
And 3 mean 3.0mm but i need y000 or y00 or y1? I ask all discord support channel and the reply not the same one said you net tri tip one say use tri point one said use tri wing 2.5mm and idk what screwdriver i need.

Last edited by splanshi,

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And 3 mean 3.0mm but i need y000 or y00 or y1? I ask all discord support channel and the reply not the same one said you net tri tip one say use tri point one said use tri wing 2.5mm and idk what screwdriver i need.
Okay, I understand your confusion.
To be honest, I don't know if all manufacturer uses the same grading method, so I can't be telling you "yeah yeah they the same".

But for me, Tri-Wing 3 did the job when I cleaned my Wii and PH0 did the job fine too.
I tried Tri-Wing 2 and it wouldn't unscrew properly.
That caught me off guard and I think you should seek for "Wii Disassembly Kit" which will have what you need.

splanshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I understand your confusion.
To be honest, I don't know if all manufacturer uses the same grading method, so I can't be telling you "yeah yeah they the same".

But for me, Tri-Wing 3 did the job when I cleaned my Wii and PH0 did the job fine too.
I tried Tri-Wing 2 and it wouldn't unscrew properly.
That caught me off guard and I think you should seek for "Wii Disassembly Kit" which will have what you need.
What codenames of your triwing screwdriver is 2.5 or 3.0 and sent me photos for head on your screwdriver

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't help ya, I got a iFixit screwdriver kit, and it's been top-notch for everything. Even has proprietary bits for things like those triangular McDonalds toy screws.

This. 100%. If you have to order online stay away from everything Ali has to offer because the tips will be made with butter. The iFixit screwdrivers are good quality.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stay away from everything Ali has to offer because the tips will be made with butter
Do you have experience with such a screwdriver set..? I would expect it's pretty difficult to mess up a screwdriver.

I reckon if you spend two bucks and it doesn't work out, then you're out two bucks. Hardly worth stressing about.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have experience with such a screwdriver set..? I would expect it's pretty difficult to mess up a screwdriver.

I reckon if you spend two bucks and it doesn't work out, then you're out two bucks. Hardly worth stressing about.

Yes. I do, and so do many other people. When the tips are made of butter it's not about losing a couple bucks from shitty screwdrivers, it's about the shitty screwdrivers stripping the screws. It's not hard to mess up both the screwdrivers and the screws at the exact same time. Your expectations are incorrect.

I rekon this isn't rocket science. Stripped screws from using junk screwdrivers seems to be something PLENTY of people have stressed about. Your comments are naive, ignorant, and uneducated.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Never be cheap about your screwdrivers... Other tools like wrenches and hammers, sure. But screwdrivers require a certain calibur of quality so you don't ruin your stuff.

Last edited by Jayro,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I rekon this isn't rocket science. Stripped screws from using junk screwdrivers seems to be something PLENTY of people have stressed about. Your comments are naive, ignorant, and uneducated.

Oi, no need to get saucy. I own plenty of screwdrivers that hold up just fine, thank you very much. I was specifically looking at the quote above:

I bought one for 1.29 from ebay 12 years ago and it still works. :yaywii:

Instead of getting personal, why don't you provide an example of "a screwdriver made of butter" so that people have some idea of what to avoid? Provide some benefit from your extensive experience, hmm? I can definitely say there's heaps of stuff on AliExpress that people are selling elsewhere for ten times the price if they can get away with it.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Instead of getting personal, why don't you provide an example of "a screwdriver made of butter" so that people have some idea of what to avoid? Provide some benefit from your extensive experience, hmm?

Instead of insinuating that I'm full of shit and don't know what I'm talking about, how about you read the product reviews?

Regardless, an iFIxit Phillips #00 and Tri-point Y00 cost $16.09 after shipping and I'm not the only one here that has recommended them. Nor am I the only one to suggest not ordering from Ali. If you want to possibly wait a month for AliExpress to deliver, get a garbage screwdriver, then have to wait another month to try the next one... be my guest. Most people would pick the option of getting reputable screwdrivers in a few days time to begin with, rather than risking a shitty one and waiting a month for it to even show up. I'd assume the OP falls under that category, would like to get started, and to have the proper tools to get the job done right the first time.

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto