Hacking Oh god I think I messed up/bricked my friends Wii

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK i tried both booting the IOS directly from the SD Card and from NUS and both return the same thing

NAND CREATEFILE - (-102) PERMISSION DENIED

error! installer returned error code. (-1)
install ios236 (which get all permissions whithout overwriting any system files, don't know if tthere's an offline installer, but one should be easy to make).
if now you use ios 236 instead of 36 for dop-mii it will have all right reserved you can think of, and still all installed system files will be as if installed with nintendo's update system. your preloadr should still function since no real system file is overwritten with ios236. when finished, youcan uninstall ios236 just as you like it doesn't really do anything except getting you without too many risks install system files without network requirements or full functioning system.

D

Deleted User

I mean, if you can get into HBC you could install BootMii... If you can install BootMii, you can get a NAND dump and use Ohneschwanzenegger to format it and make it a pure virgin™ Wii

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I mean, if you can get into HBC you could install BootMii... If you can install BootMii, you can get a NAND dump and use Ohneschwanzenegger to format it and make it a pure virgin™ Wii
please don't that is the most dangerous precedure i know, bricks a lot of wii's without getting it back to life... wii has internal the virgin option (format system) that does the same thing but checks if system will function before doing so, ohneschwanzenegger won't check if sytem files are complete, and has a high chance of making the nand corrupt, without preloader and likewise options.. by the way... his wii is a new wii without bootmii as an option... it can't be installed on later models.

D

Deleted User

please don't that is the most dangerous precedure i know, bricks a lot of wii's without getting it back to life... wii has internal the virgin option (format system) that does the same thing but checks if system will function before doing so, ohneschwanzenegger won't check if sytem files are complete, and has a high chance of making the nand corrupt, without preloader and likewise options.. by the way... his wii is a new wii without bootmii as an option... it can't be installed on later models.

Well:
  • If his wii is full of modified IOS, it wont be a virgin thing.
  • Never had a corrupt NAND in my life from it
  • You can just install Priiloader into the Sysmenu, dump it, and then import that into the NAND.
And yes, you can use BootMii@IOS... though you will need a GCN code for KONAMI when it asks

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well:
  • If his wii is full of modified IOS, it wont be a virgin thing.
  • Never had a corrupt NAND in my life from it
  • You can just install Priiloader into the Sysmenu, dump it, and then import that into the NAND.
And yes, you can use BootMii@IOS... though you will need a GCN code for KONAMI when it asks
it wont be ever virgin since it has a mod-chip installed. bootmii as ios won't beusable when you're installing system titles, it can even get you to brick the system... i have repaired over 30 wii's now, and virginating it throught ohneschwanzenegger never repaired a thing though it bricked 3 of the wii's i had for repair... nandclean and, system format and ninendo's update together worked 100% safe for removing any patches, while ohneschwanzenegger made mod's in the unique section of the wii sometimes... even with preloader, bootme or priiloader this is not repairable.

D

Deleted User

A) it's virgin via softare
B) it's cleaned mine easily.
C) if he has a NAND dump and it breaks, an Infectus can restore the dump!

Waltharius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install ios236 (which get all permissions whithout overwriting any system files, don't know if tthere's an offline installer, but one should be easy to make).
if now you use ios 236 instead of 36 for dop-mii it will have all right reserved you can think of, and still all installed system files will be as if installed with nintendo's update system. your preloadr should still function since no real system file is overwritten with ios236. when finished, youcan uninstall ios236 just as you like it doesn't really do anything except getting you without too many risks install system files without network requirements or full functioning system.

there is no 236 it skips right passed it

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
there is no 236 it skips right passed it
it needs to be installed with externally, with ios236installer (and keep in mind you're not a pirate wen doing so)... it just ads an old copy (downgraded version of ios36 to the 236 slot... this will not be detected as a mod by nintendo, and will have all original exploitable bugs in it... as far as i understand this ios should not be able to alter any boot processes, but can be used as for installation of genuin unpatched original nintendo wii system files.
A) it's virgin via softare
B) it's cleaned mine easily.
C) if he has a NAND dump and it breaks, an Infectus can restore the dump!
it isn't a virgi by software... the it will still have a log file inside with all replaced files at wich time with what. you cleaned one to claim it safe i did clean 27 and bricked 3 by using the exact same precedure, to find ut i removes precious blocks in some models. the infectus i don't now... but i never heard a succesfull hardmod repair.

Last edited by Jack Daniels,

Waltharius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it needs to be installed with externally, with ios236installer (and keep in mind you're not a pirate wen doing so)... it just ads an old copy (downgraded version of ios36 to the 236 slot... this will not be detected as a mod by nintendo, and will have all original exploitable bugs in it... as far as i understand this ios should not be able to alter any boot processes, but can be used as for installation of genuin unpatched original nintendo wii system files.

oh i think i remember using that a long time ago

im trying to find a link to ios236installer but i cant seem to find it. can you help me out?

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
OK i tried both booting the IOS directly from the SD Card and from NUS and both return the same thing

NAND CREATEFILE - (-102) PERMISSION DENIED

error! installer returned error code. (-1)
Have you tried multiple times with DOP-Mii, or only once?

If you keep receiving the same error wiith DOP-Mii v16 you can try using DOP-Mii v12 instead:-
https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/dop-mii/DOP-Mi v12.zip

Alternatively, you could also try installing IOS60 using WAD Manager v1.7:-
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gzxy7naizse6b7n/WAD-Manager_v1.7_Full.rar

Last edited by Razor83,

Waltharius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you mean just keep trying to install it over and over again? No I only tried once each.

I mean I'll try to do the same install a few more times and see how that goes.

I can also try the other ways you suggested. I was actually wondering if using an older version possibly might ease some of the problems with the installlation and it looks like you had the same idea. i'll give it a shot that thanks

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you trying to use the WiiBrew DOP-Mii? It won't install Trucha-signed WADs. It's purposefully limited.

Anunnymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have plenty of spare modded Wiis on hand. Thats not what this topic is about though

It kind of is. You messed up your friends Wii and now you owe him another one or fix this one. You''ve spent a month working on this one Wii. I don't know about your time but my time is definitely worth money. $30 bucks is pretty cheap compared to a month+ worth of time working on this.

You blame others for you not being spoon-fed the information to fix it. You've been given great advice. You can't really mess it up much more than it already is. Just try the stuff you've been told. Worst case, you have to give your buddy one of your "many other modded Wiis."

Waltharius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It kind of is. You messed up your friends Wii and now you owe him another one or fix this one. You''ve spent a month working on this one Wii. I don't know about your time but my time is definitely worth money. $30 bucks is pretty cheap compared to a month+ worth of time working on this.

You're off base here. This is a problem solving thread. Your suggestion of throwing the baby out with the bath water has no place here.

Also yes I offered the guy another Wii the day it happened but he wants this one for some reason. Yes this is definitely not worth my time but i got myself into this mess and im not gonna quit till its fixed or fully bricked.

You blame others for you not being spoon-fed the information to fix it. You've been given great advice. You can't really mess it up much more than it already is. Just try the stuff you've been told. Worst case, you have to give your buddy one of your "many other modded Wiis."

Did I hurt your feelings or something?

Where did i blame others for not spoon feeding me info. I have been nothing but polite to everyone here but some people (like you) are in a hurry to scoot me out of here rather then help. They dont care if i brick or not. If you were to read the very thread, you'd see plenty of conflict about how to proceed from the people here who are helping me. So its not as simple a fix as you think.

so if you dont have anything useful to add then please leave

Waltharius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried multiple times with DOP-Mii, or only once?

If you keep receiving the same error wiith DOP-Mii v16 you can try using DOP-Mii v12 instead:-
https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/dop-mii/DOP-Mi v12.zip

it worked!!!

...but then it crashed

i just did a system check and it says IOS60 i disabled....

hmmm

maybe i should try installing it again?

EDIT: wait a minute after referencing the old system log, it looks IOS60 wasnt present at all so i guess im making progress

so im guessing that part worked.

Now what? I tried booting IOS236 installer and it gave me a fatal error. Something about not having an updated HBC.

When installing it, im supposed to just use the boot.dol file right? Or is it done another way?

Last edited by Waltharius,

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
it worked!!!

...but then it crashed

i just did a system check and it says IOS60 i disabled....

hmmm

maybe i should try installing it again?
Does the system check now list IOS60 v6174 as installed? If so have you tried loading the Wii system menu?
In the system check all four patches should be listed as "disabled", since you dont need IOS60 to be patched at all.

Alternatively it could be your IOS60 WAD is incorrect or corrupt.
Check that its 1.86MB in size, and if not redownload and install it again.
IOS60 v6174 should appear in the system check if you installed it correctly.

Last edited by Razor83,

Waltharius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got your pm. now i see why you sent it.

yeah the system check showed IOS60 is present. all the patches disabled

so that means it installed correctly right?

i did try to boot the system menu but its still the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1