Hacking Official Xbox One Retroarch Thread

azy77

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried Medal of Honor Frontlines gamecube on one x with cpu set to 50%, it is playable with some slowdown here and there.

Yunta513

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm on an Xbox Series X and tried Desume with some DS games. It ran well but I changed the internal resolution in the quick menu, and when I try and relaunch games using that core it kind of locks up and I cant access the menu.

How do I fix this? Is there any way to delete the core or reset it or whatever? I tried going through menus and stuff but cant5 find anything that corresponds.

azy77

Trophies
XP
Country
You could use a file manager to access retrospection folder then local state then cfg and delete the cfg file for desmume.

Yunta513

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You could use a file manager to access retrospection folder then local state then cfg and delete the cfg file for desmume.

Is there any app that can do that? I tried My File Explorer and it would show me anything on the internal or formattted external SSHD.

Edit: Also tried Main Menu>Configuration File>Load Configuration: DeSmuME 2015.cfg>Reset to Defaults in Retrospection but it does nothing. Locks up but doesnt crash the app.

Last edited by Yunta513,

Fearlezz90

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, can someone share his N64 core? I´ve replaced the core on xbox with the latest from pc in thinking it would correct the graphic glitches I suffer on super mario cart 64. Now it won´t even boot up. Thanks in advanced :)

Edit: nvmd.

Last edited by Fearlezz90,

hockeymania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not new to emulators but it's been a while. Got Retroarch up and running on the Xbox Series X last week and started poking around with the Wii/Dolphin side.

Is there a faq on getting the controls to work with the Dolphin emulator on the Xbox? Specifically what tends to work well for nunchuk games?

Last edited by hockeymania,

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Bought a cheap One in December from someone upgrading and now I'm interested in trying this so I might drop the NZ$25 to get Developer mode. Got a few questions before I do so though.

Emulated system limitations - I imagine most systems I have legal ROMs / ISOs for will run just fine, but I'm not sure how well two certain systems will run in RetroArch. First, the PSP, does that run acceptably well? I have a PSTV I could hack for my PSP games, but would rather keep that clean. I'm also curious about Dreamcast, but I doubt that will even be able to run anything. Just interested in Blue Stinger (shame it was never ported) and Skies of Arcadia (never found the Gamecube version in New Zealand). Never had any luck getting the original hardware for those and emulating on a console rather than my PC would be nice.

Storage - How does this work? What limit is there to what I can store? Most of my stuff won't need much space, but PS1 / PSP games are generally a few hundred megabytes, some over a gigabyte. Will I need to be stingy with what I can play on the One? Or is there no limits beyond what my system has to offer?

Also, off topic, but anyone able to suggest other stuff Dev mode has to offer?

Roberuiza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Im new here. I tried searching everywhere but I didnt find others with my problem.
I instaled dev mode and retroarch on my series S. I managed to play diddy kong racing fron n64 and paper mario tyd. No problem.
When I finished I went back to the dev menu, pressed the "home" button and turned off the console.
Later when I tried to start the console again it was stuck in the Xbox logo. I power cicled it, no change.
I had to start troubleshooting mode and whiped all my saves to be able to use my console by doing a semi factory reset (I kept my downloads).
Maybe I did something wrong on the instalation process? Did I exit wrong way? Im not very sure if I should try again. Thank you in advance if anyone knows anything about this issue

Sameru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys. I have a problem.
I'm using retail version of the Retroarch and I have trouble with getting dolphin and pcsx2 cores working. Not sure what is happening. I already tried to use dx12 and dx11 and opengl settings, nothing, just black screen and after sometime it just exits to the main dashboard by itself. I have all of my games on the SSD, I have XSX.
The only core that is working flawless is PCSX Rearmed (Bettle is not working either).
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
I have bios files where they supposed to be and I have all of the assets etc up to date.

sinag

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi, I am having long RA startup and core launch waits. Can someone with original xbox one with original disk share;
1) how long does it take to launch RA
2) how long does it take to launch a core
3) how long does it takes to return from a core to RA menu
4) can removing unused cores help with these loading times?

Lau26

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I have a problem with the dependency files i have to install alongside the RetroArch UWP file through the Xbox devmode Webportal, because i can't seem to upload them accordingly, it just doesn't accept them.

So my question is if someone in here could post a >working< dependency-file somewhere and post the link to download it in here, so i can continue installing and configuring RetroArch? I would be eternally grateful if someone did!

Kind regards, Lau26

hooky1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I recently got SEGA NAOMI arcade machine emulation up & running on my Xbox One S and thought I would share the steps involved ....

The main issue people encounter is getting a naomi.zip BIOS file that works with the flycast emulator . The only way to ensure you have the correct file is running a MD5 check on it, but as a rule of thumb it should have a size of 9,091 KB (so check that first).

To perform a MD5 check:
  • Put the naomi.zip BIOS file in the Downloads folder on your Windows PC
  • open the command line (search beside the Start button for 'cmd').
  • change directory to Downloads by typing cd downloads and pressing Enter
  • type in certutil -hashfile naomi.zip md5 and press Enter
  • if you have the correct BIOS file the result of the check will be eb4099aeb42ef089cfe94f8fe95e51f6

check naomi bios.JPG

Nothing else will work, if any other result appears you have an incorrect naomi.zip and must find another to put through the check.

Using the Xbox portal, upload the naomi.zip to the folder LocalState \ system \ dc \

Unfortunately we cannot load games from a USB, so all ROMs must be uploaded to the LocalState folder.

I can confirm the following games load & work:
  • Dynamite Baseball 99
  • Guilty Gear X
  • Virtua Tennis 2
  • Virtua NBA
  • WWF Royal Rumble
  • Wave Runner GP

I can confirm the following games have issues:
  • Asian Dynamite => wont load
  • Akatsuki Blitzkampf Ausf Achse => wont load
  • Virtua Tennis => loads then crashes after 5 seconds of introduction
  • Sega Strike Fighter => loads NAOMI logo then shows error
  • Virtua Athlete => wont load
  • Melty Blood Act Cadenza => wont load
  • Jingi Storm => wont load

Quite a few games wont load, so I suspect there is an issue with the actual ROMs. There is probably a method to verify the ROMs so I will do another post soon explaining how to check.

Happy gaming !!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"