Hacking Official Xbox One Retroarch Thread

D

Deleted User

working perfect for me playing pokemon heart gold :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

has anyone here tried the reverted cores build to see if nds is fixed?
Nds works perfect for me with the reverted ozone using the blue xmb background havent switched it to ozone yet

Added my bios from external hdd and loaded nds rom through file picker

Pokemon is still slow though

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
working perfect for me playing pokemon heart gold :)

Nds works perfect for me with the reverted ozone using the blue xmb background havent switched it to ozone yet

Added my bios from external hdd and loaded nds rom through file picker

Pokemon is still slow though
im still getting crashes with yoshi's island :(

Joel Schmidt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems to be freezing for me still i wonder if the build messed it up or if this is a problem on pc aswell

I tested my issue with the GB, GBC, & GBA bioses not being used using the non-uwp PC version - Worked fine there.

MAME2014 also shows up as it's full .dll file name on the non-uwp PC version.

I found a copy of the Yoshi's Island DS and the DS bios files. I didn't play it for very long, but I did not see any freezing or other issues on the non-UWP PC version. Tested with both Desmume versions.

I just tested MAME 0.206 on the non-UWP PC version and it found my complete romset. But on the xb1x UWP version, it can't find it.

Everything seems to be pointing towards issues with the cores in regards to use with UWP.

Last edited by Joel Schmidt,
D

Deleted-351540

im still getting crashes with yoshi's island :(
I tested Yoshi's Island and it works fine for me. Gets slow when too many sprites are on the screen but otherwise works fine. Must be a problem with your setup or your ROM.

Ozone works nicely. Scanning is still slow as frozen molasses.

Reactions: Deleted User

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think i will stick with 1.7.5 for now, no point in updating just yet. DS working fine there. I do update when more cores will be compatible with UWP.

spyro88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think i will stick with 1.7.5 for now, no point in updating just yet. DS working fine there. I do update when more cores will be compatible with UWP.
Yea .. it is working with me too but after 10 min playing will freezing with me .. so test it

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i do not compile cores i just download them with the pc version of retroarch and download them 1 by 1 then copy them over
Have you been able to get logging working? I cant figure it out : P
I'm hoping if we can get logging to work we maybe able to figure out why the other cores wont load?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
have you tried this with the uwp build?
I did try but didnt get anywhere.

since the UWP build is so new theres no documentation on logs for that platform, the closest is Win

Generating Logs in Windows
If you installed RetroArch:

1. Open the Windows start menu
  2. Search and open RetroArch (log to file)
Once you exit RetroArch, a file called retroarch-log.txt should be stored in the RetroArch folder, in order to retrieve it:

1. Open the windows start menu
  2. Search and open RetroArch Data Folder
  3. Find retroarch-log.txt

but that doesnt help us :P

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ploggy

Joel Schmidt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do not compile cores i just download them with the pc version of retroarch and download them 1 by 1 then copy them over

I thought so. Try the UWP DeSmuME core and see how that does.

Have you been able to get logging working? I cant figure it out : P
I'm hoping if we can get logging to work we maybe able to figure out why the other cores wont load?

I have a theory that they have to be compiled for UWP to work properly (aside from the OpenGL issues).

Last edited by Joel Schmidt,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought so. Try the UWP DeSmuME core and see how that does.

I have a theory that they have to be compiled for UWP to work properly (aside from the OpenGL issues)
Maybe, but both Dolphin and PPSSPP have a DX11 renderer to no GL needed for those ;) They should work now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: