Hacking Official "Will Xenoblade Chronicles 3D work on Gateway or Sky?" Thread

NightsEkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My personal n3ds and o3ds was done by hundshamer. The one I am using right now is a friend of mines and while it works it looks like shit and I wouldn't trust my boy with a curling iron let alone a soldering iron and a $200 device but it works

Mind PMing me a link? I'm amazing at soldering, been doing it for a LONG time. Is hundshamer taking requests?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, 9 days have passed since the release of xeno 3D and Powersaves has nothing to show for it.

Anybody care to speculate on what technical challenges might be holding them back, if any?

They're probably busy trying to update their servers from 2003 to 2012. Considering Win Server 2003 just sunk like a rock.

Or they're not done rolling in their cash to go buy a copy and start copying cheats to share on server.

Or Nintendo is getting angry at Datel and their lawyers are knifing it out.

Most likely? Just wait... It just came out. They're probably letting players soak it up before they start cracking eggs. By the end of the month we'll see something roll out.

If not, this may be the end of Datel. Oooooo.... scary.... not very.... but meh.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
They're probably busy trying to update their servers from 2003 to 2012. Considering Win Server 2003 just sunk like a rock.

Or they're not done rolling in their cash to go buy a copy and start copying cheats to share on server.

Or Nintendo is getting angry at Datel and their lawyers are knifing it out.

Most likely? Just wait... It just came out. They're probably letting players soak it up before they start cracking eggs. By the end of the month we'll see something roll out.

If not, this may be the end of Datel. Oooooo.... scary.... not very.... but meh.

Isn't the dstwo+ coming out this month and supporting cheats on the 3ds? Wait never mind I just remembered it will not have n3ds support yet.....

pbsk8

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Xenoblade is not working on my gateway and new 3ds LL.

The icon on game selector is white and it doesnt show any name for the game, even if I run it, the icon does not change and doesnt run at all.

Problem with the rom?

joseph0042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade is not working on my gateway and new 3ds LL.

The icon on game selector is white and it doesnt show any name for the game, even if I run it, the icon does not change and doesnt run at all.

Problem with the rom?

I had this problem and redumped the game. It worked fine the 2nd time.

caffolote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was wondering, but is it possible to make a CIA to ROM to work on Sky3DS? There's a game coming out called Binding of Isaac Rebirth that's exclusive to N3DS on eShop, but wondering if a conversion from CIA to ROM will work with a custom template

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was wondering, but is it possible to make a CIA to ROM to work on Sky3DS? There's a game coming out called Binding of Isaac Rebirth that's exclusive to N3DS on eShop, but wondering if a conversion from CIA to ROM will work with a custom template

Good question xD Also interested in this.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Good question xD Also interested in this.
No, sky3ds can only play 1:1 retail cart roms

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I see, but now it's safe to say Sky3DS can now play all future retail N3DS-only games, right?
Nothing is ever safe when it comes to these thing, Nintendo could add AP code which renders sky3ds useless even if they can't block it, adding any sort of AP code would screw things up as with sky3ds roms have to be 1:1 so no AP patches etc

.......optimistically sky3ds should play all n3ds retail games, pessimistically it will be blocked "soon".....nothing is certain though

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can XC be dumped with GW? If yes, what size is it?
thats how people have been dumpping the rom.
i believe on the sd card it is about 4.3gb or 4.2somthing.

I have a dump from a guy but since i only have a sky3ds i have to wait on a templet in order to play it.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the dstwo+ coming out this month and supporting cheats on the 3ds? Wait never mind I just remembered it will not have n3ds support yet.....

I made thread about it. Personally, if DSTwoPlus does what they say it will do, it'll kill the Gateway and the Sky3DS.

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats how people have been dumpping the rom.
i believe on the sd card it is about 4.3gb or 4.2somthing.

I have a dump from a guy but since i only have a sky3ds i have to wait on a templet in order to play it.

what, I downloaded the US version and its just 3.6GB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica