Hacking Official "Will Xenoblade Chronicles 3D work on Gateway or Sky?" Thread

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah got to admit i judged a little too quickly seems weird they put a lot of bad testures at the start of the game, and on cutseens, later on it seems a lot better.....kinda weird as usually developers make the intro's and starting zones ultra impressive to draw people in then the quality drops.......got to say though the chain on zanza.....why zoom into something soooo badly drawn....sheeze it was like a 2 bit texture, seems they just randomly drew texture out the hat to get downsized instead of just downgrading textures on less significant stuff, but again some areas look really impressive, its a mixed bag, mostly good and a few REALLY bad ones thrown in

suppose my biggest peeve is the fact their hair looks like random sauces smeared across their faces

yup, thats all I complain about, their hair, and eyes -_- Thats all I wanted, better graphics on tht. Guess will have to live with it...

caffolote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit surprised that this thread is still alive. I mean, we've already established the fact that Xenoblade Chronicles 3D works on both Gateway and Sky3DS. :0

Thats because the new USA version is out.

Can someone please confirm if it's working on Sky3DS?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Is there a 1.1 update for the US game?

I just checked eshop on my o3ds and there is a 1.0 update. I'll see if I can rip it with funkcia

Edit: it won't let me download it on my O3ds. I have a hardmodded n3ds but am not sure how to rip a eshop game from system nand. I have never made a cia file before

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I just checked eshop on my o3ds and there is a 1.0 update. I'll see if I can rip it with funkcia

Edit: it won't let me download it on my O3ds. I have a hardmodded n3ds but am not sure how to rip a eshop game from system nand. I have never made a cia file before
well i heard that just starting the download of the update on a o3DS (even though it doesnt actually let you) still issues the ticket required to dump the cia,.....again im not sure, just what i heard, but if it does, just dump your ticket.db and try making the update cia, if not you could update to 9.6 on your n3DS download update, then dump the 9.6 nand and use your xorpads*to decrypt the fat16 partition to retrieve the ticket.db file....proceed to funkycia to make the cia

*you will need a copy of CN (or a sky3ds) to generate the n3ds xorpads with decrypt9

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
well i heard that just starting the download of the update on a o3DS (even though it doesnt actually let you) still issues the ticket required to dump the cia,.....again im not sure, just what i heard, but if it does, just dump your ticket.db and try making the update cia, if not you could update to 9.6 on your n3DS download update, then dump the 9.6 nand and use your xorpads*to decrypt the fat16 partition to retrieve the ticket.db file....proceed to funkycia to make the cia

*you will need a copy of CN (or a sky3ds) to generate the n3ds xorpads with decrypt9

I have a n3ds modded with QN, I'll give it a try and see what I can do. I am not home right now and that is where my sd nand port and sd reader are

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I have a n3ds modded with QN, I'll give it a try and see what I can do. I am not home right now and that is where my sd nand port and sd reader are
just try seeing if you have the ticket to dump it on your o3ds first as it would be quicker and easier tbh
By the way, is the Sky3DS region free now?
only on 8.1-9.2 with NTR cfw

caffolote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no....at least not until a new exploit is found which could be anywhere from in 2 minutes to 2 millennia

I see. Also, is it safe if I update my N3DS to the latest firmware and use my Sky3DS? So could I be able to download updates to ROMS like Smash Bros if they require it and not get banned by Nintendo if I use the Smash Bros ROM on Sky?

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
No option to download on o3ds

Attachments

• 20150410_190540.jpg
    20150410_190540.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 167