Hacking Official "Will Xenoblade Chronicles 3D work on Gateway or Sky?" Thread

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I see. Also, is it safe if I update my N3DS to the latest firmware and use my Sky3DS?
it still works on 9.6
So could I be able to download updates to ROMS like Smash Bros if they require it and not get banned by Nintendo if I use the Smash Bros ROM on Sky?
nothing is ever guaranteed when your accessing online services with roms/backups etc, follow "best practice" and use your own personal header etc
I tried, it shows in eshop but gives me no option to download
yeah just going off what i heard, the EU update was dump from a o3DS, it seems title updates receive their ticket by simply visiting the game update page.......just try, will only take you a minute XD

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Ive been trying to get Xenoblade to work with my Sky but Im always getting this error even tough I have the latest template file. I have also tried the one before the current one. Any Ideas?
8WNlb2x.png

Currently Sky3DS only supports the EU and JP version of Xenoblade.

Check your firmware. Does it end in "E", "U" or "J"?

E=Euro
U=USA
J=Japenese

Make sure your ROM matches your region. If it's multi it might not work until Xenoblade MULTI template is made.

Or you'll have to edit Sky3DS template to play region free.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Welp, 9 days have passed since the release of xeno 3D and Powersaves has nothing to show for it.

Anybody care to speculate on what technical challenges might be holding them back, if any?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Currently Sky3DS only supports the EU and JP version of Xenoblade.

Check your firmware. Does it end in "E", "U" or "J"?

E=Euro
U=USA
J=Japenese

Make sure your ROM matches your region. If it's multi it might not work until Xenoblade MULTI template is made.

Or you'll have to edit Sky3DS template to play region free.
Thanks but the game was just a bad copy.

NightsEkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you even get the update prompt on an old 3ds? If so can you actually get in to the eshop to get said update? If so you can totally get the cia. If not to any of these we will be playing without the update for a LONG LOOOOONG time.

And by long I mean until we can get xorpads from the new 3ds to extract/make cias.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you even get the update prompt on an old 3ds? If so can you actually get in to the eshop to get said update? If so you can totally get the cia. If not to any of these we will be playing without the update for a LONG LOOOOONG time.

And by long I mean until we can get xorpads from the new 3ds to extract/make cias.

We can get xorpads from the n3ds. Just need to have a hardmod.

NightsEkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got home, going to update my n3ds and download the patch then downgrade. My personal n3ds is in the shop and am using a friends currently.

Once I get everything running I'll check back in and will upload to that iso site ;) (I go under the same un there and MC)

Godspeed, I want to try a few things with O3DS but I doubt any of them will work considering it stops you from even attempting to run the title on the O3DS but maybe just maybe if I can get the update prompt it will take me to download the update anyway and I can extract that, outside of that, I suppose I'd need a hardmodded n3ds to get xorpads from it.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Godspeed, I want to try a few things with O3DS but I doubt any of them will work considering it stops you from even attempting to run the title on the O3DS but maybe just maybe if I can get the update prompt it will take me to download the update anyway and I can extract that, outside of that, I suppose I'd need a hardmodded n3ds to get xorpads from it.

Yea a hard mod is the only way. I posted a picture from my o3ds and it doesn't give an option to download. I took a pic above

NightsEkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea a hard mod is the only way. I posted a picture from my o3ds and it doesn't give an option to download. I took a pic above

Any guide to this hardmod, I'm very interested tbh.

Of course I'm always interested in going the distance on console mods :\.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Any guide to this hardmod, I'm very interested tbh.

Of course I'm always interested in going the distance on console mods :\.

My personal n3ds and o3ds was done by hundshamer. The one I am using right now is a friend of mines and while it works it looks like shit and I wouldn't trust my boy with a curling iron let alone a soldering iron and a $200 device but it works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY