Hacking Official "Will Xenoblade Chronicles 3D work on Gateway or Sky?" Thread

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got home, going to update my n3ds and download the patch then downgrade. My personal n3ds is in the shop and am using a friends currently.

Once I get everything running I'll check back in and will upload to that iso site ;) (I go under the same un there and MC)
Did you have any luck with this?

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do USA users have to wait for sky3ds to update the template? Or is there a way to make it on our own? Sucks to be waiting. Its been 2 days now :/

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That blows, I would move to Gateway but then I'll be screwed with my game saves. Don't wanna start over all those games :/

Gateway users have to wait for Gateway to update emunand before you can play newer games too. Gateway wont be able to play any 9.6+ games until 9.6 emunand is released.

Obviously this isn't a big deal right now since the highest firmware games are code name steam and Xenoblade at 9.4

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway users have to wait for Gateway to update emunand before you can play newer games too. Gateway wont be able to play any 9.6+ games until 9.6 emunand is released.

Obviously this isn't a big deal right now since the highest firmware games are code name steam and Xenoblade at 9.4
So GW can't play xenoblade? Man idk whether to stick with sky, get GW or wait for the Dstwo plus assuming it isn't fake.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So GW can't play xenoblade? Man idk whether to stick with sky, get GW or wait for the Dstwo plus assuming it isn't fake.

Gateway has been able to play Xenoblade the moment the rom was leaked on the internet.

I played through most of the colony 9 stuff on a european rom the day it came out but I was waiting to buy the US retail version to actually play all the way through. :P

Both flashcarts rely on their companies to add new games (sky3ds users must have a new template for every time a new game is released and gateway needs to update emunand whenever Nintendo blocks emunand)

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here is a weird one... this game requires 9.4 to run right? I mean it certainly prompts me to update if I try to launch it from my 9.0 sysnand. Yet regardless of whether I'm in gateway mode and run it from a .3ds file, or in classic mode and run from the retail cart, the game loads up just fine on 9.0 emunand with no warnings or prompting for an update.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here is a weird one... this game requires 9.4 to run right? I mean it certainly prompts me to update if I try to launch it from my 9.0 sysnand. Yet regardless of whether I'm in gateway mode and run it from a .3ds file, or in classic mode and run from the retail cart, the game loads up just fine on 9.0 emunand with no warnings or prompting for an update.

Because gateway spoofs the firmware

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because gateway spoofs the firmware

Well ok then. I was under the impression I would need to update my emunand to play the game and was going to use the update on the cart rather than track down one and deal with the cia file business, but if it will play just as is then I will just wait for 9.6 support from GW to update it.

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well ok then. I was under the impression I would need to update my emunand to play the game and was going to use the update on the cart rather than track down one and deal with the cia file business, but if it will play just as is then I will just wait for 9.6 support from GW to update it.

I think the firmware spoof applies when you enter emunand or classic mode by default. But if you are on the Gateway menu and you hold "UP" while entering emunand or classic mode, that removes the spoof and you'll be prompted to update your emunand when you launch the game. I also didn't want to deal with the cia files and that's how i updated my emunand earlier using Codename Steam. Maybe you can try on Xenoblade and see if it works for you.

Reactions: Aroth
D

Deleted-19228

Xenoblade and Codename Steam absolutely REQUIRE 9.4 minimum. There is no way to run it on 9.0. It attempts to launch the game and the system freezes. The fact you can run it is a mystery >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🚽 [flush] [walks in without washing my hands] Hi guys 👋 :)