Hacking Official "Will Xenoblade Chronicles 3D work on Gateway or Sky?" Thread

NintendoFan3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So going to do a new Gateway install on my NEW 3DS 9.2. Can I update to emuNAND 9.4.2 using the cart and is it safe?
Currently I have NO emuNAND for this device, and is fresh.

So after installing and back-up etc... to update to 9.4.2 I do the following.
So load into Gateway > Classic Mode > Run Game > Update using the cart > Profit

I know I can't use the newest version. If I can't use the game cart what rom should I use to update using the RED Gateway Card.

u need to hold dpad up while going in gateway mode

chrisisx

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
and it will auto detect that you want to update from a cart? any other steps after that?

Can i know whats the reason in updating your emunand to 9.4? Currently im on 9.0 and all games are working fine including XENOBLADE since Emunand have features that automatically spoof your firmware.

NintendoFan3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
and it will auto detect that you want to update from a cart? any other steps after that?

i was looking today for what u need, found this :

yeah,
1. pick format emunand from the gateway menu
2. boot up emunand, go to system settings and make sure you set it up correctly, it will say GW3D, in front of the system version (if it says Ver. 4.x go back and actually do step 1)
3. shutdown the console
4. boot back up into emunand and hold UP when triggering the DS profile exploit, this time DO NOT enter system settings press select and choose a game with the required FW version from your region, and do the prompted update

its for 4.5 but on 9.2 its similar, you need to format emunand properly then go to gateway mode while holding dpad up, why?

What does holding UP on D-pad do that makes this possible? Is that a new feature?
and answer

its a "newish" feature, it basically disables the FW spoof, so updating via cart/rom is possible.......i presume it was put in as a fail safe for these situations when the latest FW is not usable

hope this help u

NintendoFan3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Can i know whats the reason in updating your emunand to 9.4? Currently im on 9.0 and all games are working fine including XENOBLADE since Emunand have features that automatically spoof your firmware.

chris is right, you not need update emunand because gw have option that spoof firmware, play it like normal

Trophies
XP
Country
I know this is a wii port but dammit, i just really hate grass that isn't green and luscious , it's like they mixed grey and beige, added a drop of light green then desaturated it.. this really kills me.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Im not sure if this would be possible now, because of all the 3DS's anti piracy compared to the origianal Ds/Dslite', but do you think that it is possible for sky3ds or some other company could do what the DSTwo did , and add an extra processor and ram to the flashcart to allow or trick the Xenoblade game to work on the old gen of 3DS? Like how the DSTwo allowed GBA emulation and alot more emulators on DS/DsL.

paura01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
in Sky3DS we trust....

Sky3DS Download

• * Sky3DS updated template file [04/02/2015]
Change logs:
1.Fixed some bugs.
2.Added games:
1227 - 2in1 Life With Horses 3D And My Baby Pet Hotel 3D
Xenoblade Chronicles (EU)
Animal Crossing New Leaf(KS)
Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time 3D, The (KS)
Legend of Zelda, The - Kamigami no Triforce 2(KS)
LEGO Legends of Chima - Laval's Journey(KS)
Mario & Luigi - Dream Team Bros (KS)
Mario Party - Island Tour (KS)
Mario Tennis Open (KS)
Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun SP - Rantou Kyousoukyoku (KS)
Nicola Kanshuu Model Oshare Audition Platina(KS)
Paper Mario - Sticker Star (KS)
Senran Kagura 2 - Shinku(KS)
Shin Megami Tensei IV(KS)
Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu - Millennium no Shoujo(KS)
Star Fox 64 3D (KS)
Tekken 3D - Prime Edition (KS)
Tomodachi Life(KS)
Cooking Mama 4 (KS)
Monosugoku Nou wo Kitaeru 5 Funkan no Oni Training(KS)
Monster Hunter 4G(KS)
Pokemon Rumble Blast (KS)

Reactions: ryanjf97

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. The SKy3ds haters have to throw them a bone this time. Anyone who ever gets an updated system(maybe me if I splurge for an XL later this year...ill be using a Sky3ds on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo