Not open for further replies.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TotalInfinity said:
The file structure is nice and organized and wouldn't be too terribly hard to translate. I can get it done, but I need a translator, or at least a copy of the script in Romaji and Katakana.

Anything with a lot of script will take a while to translate, you'd need a real good script inserter.

Kyline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TotalInfinity said:
The file structure is nice and organized and wouldn't be too terribly hard to translate. I can get it done, but I need a translator, or at least a copy of the script in Romaji and Katakana.

That's good to hear.
Almost all text in the game is located inside text boxes. Last Window also takes place in America, so all of the background images don't need translation either, I think. I think it also needs an English font (?), so maybe we can reverse engineer the font from the first game? Thank you so much for offering.
happy.gif

Mr.Guy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll Look everywhere I know of for the script. Whatever helps. This literally has to be done. The first is my all time favorite DS game.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Guy said:
I'll Look everywhere I know of for the script. Whatever helps. This literally has to be done. The first is my all time favorite DS game.

It doesn't HAVE to be done, people WANT it done.
It's in the request, so whether a translator picks it up or not is up to them.

You can give your hand at translating, but I suggest you go here first:

http://gbatemp.net/t73394-gbatemp-rom-hack...ion-project-wip

bloodhonor212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Requesting: One Piece Gear Spirit

Description: While they release some one piece games like one piece: unlimited adventure on the wii, I really doubt this game will get localised. This is a 3D fighting game made by matrix software and released in august 30 2007. If you don't know one piece it is a extremely popular manga and anime. We don't have much good fighting games (aside from the two bleach ones and JUS) so I think it'll benefit the community

Your offering: Beta testing
yaynds.gif

32059-one-piece-gear-spirit-ds.jpg

22741095446783f6b3abd1.jpg

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheGreatNeko said:
How, I figured my above sentence was enough to get the point across, the title of the games should be enough.

Read the very first page and it will tell you exactly how to properly request a game translation.
Just because you get a point across doesn't mean you did it right.

http://gbatemp.net/t207815-official-transl...-requests-topic?

We're not even suppose to debate about it, that's why the first page is handy.

TotalInfinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kyline said:
Some news on GameFAQs that increases the chance of Last Window coming to Europe:

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1772/img012dg.jpg

Might as well hold it off for now and wait for some more news.
yaynds.gif

That's actually kinda a relief, EVERY single file on that game is compressed, and I'm not up to ASM hacking yet to be able to come close to translating it.

Kyline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CamulaHikari said:
But with Cing filing bankruptcy back in march...
Hmm, I dunno. Cing already got the profits from the Japan release, so maybe Cing has given permission to Nintendo to localize it for its own profits.

QUOTE(TotalInfinity @ Jul 13 2010, 04:07 AM) That's actually kinda a relief, EVERY single file on that game is compressed, and I'm not up to ASM hacking yet to be able to come close to translating it.
Your username sounds really familiar for some reason. Maybe on GameFAQs or Wiiso?

If France does get Last Window, then I don't see why it wouldn't be released in other European countries with an English translation.
If for some REALLY odd reason it does only get released in France, well, that's HELLUVA a lot less work for us since French is much more easier to translate than Japanese.

TotalInfinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kyline said:
CamulaHikari said:
But with Cing filing bankruptcy back in march...
Hmm, I dunno. Cing already got the profits from the Japan release, so maybe Cing has given permission to Nintendo to localize it for its own profits.

QUOTE(TotalInfinity @ Jul 13 2010, 04:07 AM) That's actually kinda a relief, EVERY single file on that game is compressed, and I'm not up to ASM hacking yet to be able to come close to translating it.
Your username sounds really familiar for some reason. Maybe on GameFAQs or Wiiso?

If France does get Last Window, then I don't see why it wouldn't be released in other European countries with an English translation.
If for some REALLY odd reason it does only get released in France, well, that's HELLUVA a lot less work for us since French is much more easier to translate than Japanese.

Yeah, I actually speak a little French, and that would be a lot easier. Still, compression = not fun. And I was on gamefaqs for a while until I got banned for sharing my email address with someone.

alphafour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hey guys I'm studying Japanese as a part of my degree in University so I would love to get involved with translations!
Also the game I use while im doing my homework is called Kanji Sonomama Rakubiki Jiten (which basically means portable japanese-> english / english -> japanese dictionary!) The game is in japanese but its actually really easy to use. You'll need to have basic knowledge of japanese such as hiragana and katakana as well as the basic theory of onyomi kunyomi etc to really get the most from this software for the DS.

Its really helpful and quite easy to use which means that you can play the japanese game in question on an emulator and take some screenshots after every page (as long as u have the game of course) and then go on your DS and draw the kanji into the box to find out the translation.

Anyway here are some games that I'd like to see translated (and possibly help to translate) but I dont really have any knowledge of hacking.

Sakatasuku 2010 World Challenge (basically a football manager game I just got this delivered from Play Asia and Im using a pen and pad to translate but of course it'd be nice to have a rom with english!)

Pororon! Dokomodake DS (its a platformer game obviously taking inspiration from the likes of mario, with a few innovative features!)

200 mannin no kanken -(this game is actually aimed specifically at the japanese as the kanji shiken (or kanken for short) I always play this game to test my knowledge of kanji but I always need to guess what some of the stuff means so this would be extremely good to translate as it would enable people to learn some kanji without having to be already japanese literate!

Taiko no Tatsujin DS Touch de dokodon! (Taiko drumming man DS - touch drumming!) and Meccha Taiko no Tatsujin nanatsu no shima daibouken (Yeah! Taiko drumming man DS : the seven islands of great adventure) - these games are the famous drum rhythm games which have been made for ps2, psp and maybe wii??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp