• Pirating it>_>

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NINTENDO DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew it.The additional content shows that Dalton caused the Fall of Gaurdia, but it doesn't show what happens to chrono&co.

Posts merged

I knew it.The additional content shows that Dalton caused the Fall of Gaurdia, but it doesn't show what happens to chrono&co.

phatdade69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
El Blacksheep said:
i play for a couple hours roughly every other day.

it's a great port, but indeed this is just the same thing all over again.

I agree, they keep releasing DS ports for old SNES games for the non-flashcard community (we call them normies), but they rarely sneak in many fun easter eggs.

Just like four swords adventures, or as we like to call it "Another Link to the Past Again... but with more Links or something"

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chrono Trigger 3D would be nice if they used the exact same engine as the one used for DQ8. That engine is a perfect fit for a Chrono game. If they want to take it to the next gen consoles they could increase details and draw distance and also create a huge extremely populated world with complex AI.

So, basically, I would want to see it on a main console, not a handheld.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Syao4 said:
El Blacksheep said:
i play for a couple hours roughly every other day.

it's a great port, but indeed this is just the same thing all over again.
How will this game be for someone who never played the original? Good game, or something outdated?
It definitely plays better when you're on a retro gaming spree, (mostly for nostalgia effect) but alone, it's substantial. Never played it? Just try it, it'll probably stick into you somewhere as long as you go on and finish it.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously someone got to explain this to me, what makes Chrono Trigger so awesome? Is it different from any RPG game I have played so far?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
Seriously someone got to explain this to me, what makes Chrono Trigger so awesome? Is it different from any RPG game I have played so far?
It beats the crap out of most modern RPG's that is for sure, I'm worried that most kids today will die with its great story and gameplay as they're use to playing generic RPG's.

To be honest I never saw the game as perfect but its a classic.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Minion- said:
No one game is ever going to be perfect. Try as developers might, it just may never happen. But in the case of Chrono Trigger, it almost happened.
H.E.R.O. on Atari 2600 & C64.
Super Mario Bros 1 & 3 NES
Super Mario World SNES

Perfect games.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's not true at all. Chrono Trigger has a story that is terrible in most respects.

1) The main protagonist is the most useless character in the game. Who invented the teleportation technology? Lucca. Who discovered the time gate? Nadia. Who refined the technology in order to manipulate it? Lucca. Who was intelligent enough to know what Lavos was doing, and try to stop it? Magus. Who was the legendary hero that would conquer the evil and bring peace to the middle age? Glenn. Who was fighting for the evolution and survival of the entire species back when it made a difference? Ayla. Even Robo managed to replant a forest. Chrono's sole talent is the fact that he can hit things with a weapon--something everybody else can do anyway--and his only notable act in the entire game is that he got pwned by Lavos and everybody was all emo over it.

2) Lavos was a letdown. After an entire game of this doomy insect alien thing bent on devouring the world, it turns out to be some robot? No, scratch that. Then the robot turns into some other dude with two little robot sphere things. And whatever his intention, it was completely incoherent. Something about 'he has the power of all beasts!'. What is that supposed to even mean?

3) Not that any of this matters, because Chrono Cross would come along so many years later and crap all over it. Everything Lucca and co. did in this game--all meaningless because of some kid that later turns into a furry and an artificial intelligence and whatever else. That game was so convoluted, nobody can really tell you what it was about.

Delfin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
delfin.zapto.org
XP
Country
Crono isn't the most useless character in the game, if any it would be Nadia. However they are all actually important, if you pay attention to the story, especially now with the improved translation and additions to the DS version (which so many people seem to hate because it clarifies how CC is a canon sequel).

Cronos importance is the gathering of all the key figures (heroes) from the different time eras and factions, his sacrifice to save said heroes (to be 'resurrected' by them later) and generally kicking ass (he is afterall the strongest character of them all).

Why was Lavos a letdown? He is a high technology parasite type of organism that feeds on worlds, however on the CT/CC world with magic, things didn't go exactly like planned obviously, and the whole time traveling thing didn't just benefit the good guys, as seen with the Zeal incident, Lavos evolves to be more than just a world devourer, which ends up making him a tad bit too powerful for Cronos team because they lack the means to severe his newfound power, thus leading to CC.

CC did not crap all over it, the major gaps in the story did, which have been more or less cleared up now. It all makes sense to me anyway, maybe not to you I guess.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:

#1. It has a talking frog that kicks ass with an awesome sword.
#2. It has a silent-type hero ala Gordon Freeman, etc.
#3. The hero isn't some emo kid. He's actually as tough as nails.
#4. Great supporting cast, with some awesome backgrounds all of which can be affected by the choices chosen in the game.
#5. Depending on what you do, you can change outcomes of different parts of the game, most of these are optional.
#6. This is one of the first games I can think of that allows you to completely beat the game without the main protagonist.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I won't be buying it thank you.
tongue.gif

They cancelled Chrono Resurrection, and when I say CANCELLED I mean that team of hackers was every bit as respect-worthy and official-looking as Squareheads themselves, only to give us an almost identical 2D with NO enhancements in colors or anything. I'm disappointed at the way it was ported, as for the 'extra dungeon' I think it could use more polishing, it was very unimaginatively designed. So the old content is unchanged and the new content is... well, eww. Other than that, what can I say? Awesome game. Just think that after so many years they could have flexed their single shared neuron and come up with something shinier.
tongue.gif

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
Chrono Trigger 3D would be nice if they used the exact same engine as the one used for DQ8. That engine is a perfect fit for a Chrono game. If they want to take it to the next gen consoles they could increase details and draw distance and also create a huge extremely populated world with complex AI.

So, basically, I would want to see it on a main console, not a handheld.

Like this?

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Still lovin that they didn't "update" the look of this game.

Don't mess with the classics, you change the look, you change the game, you change the charm of the characters and all of this leads to an unsatisfactory remake, as I have yet to enjoy any of the "updated" classics.

If they are going to re-release a classic game, it banks on peoples enjoyable memories of the game, start changing it and they don't remember those times.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
epicelite said:
How come when they send you to jail they leave you with all your equipment?
If you think that's bad, go play that earlier Phantasy Star where your jail cell came complete with treasure chests _giving you more equipment_.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!