Would there be interest in making a conversion of DS Chrono trigger to SNES rom hack?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    If you read the title and kno what Chrono Trigger is, then there needs no introduction, so skip the spoiler. (Wanna know more? Proceed to the spoiler)

History lesson.

After noticing the growing popularity of a new feature added in some emulators known as MSU-1 Which allow for some impressive stuff for the system this lead me to the idea of possiblity of a rom hack that import all the extra content from the improved NDS version of Chrono trigger to SNES, the FMV, and extra quest and unlockables. Below is a demonstration of the MSU-1 in action. It includes orchestrated music done by (someone) and the fmv videos from the other ports of the game running on snes.

While the audio was never changed (Considering i guess is a masterpiece) All that needs is a rom hack for the extra content and that should be a complete conversion of the game. My question is if there is interest in seeing this or maybe making it happen. :)

2. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    No, of course not. We can just play the DS version on a DS, 3DS or emulator. It would be an entire waste of time and effort.

VinsCool likes this.
  3. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    Between the Sacred Silence and Sleep
    1. Do you have the ability to make such thing happen?
    2. Videos on snes? And even long ones? I only saw such things with special flashcarts... it will take more space then the game itself...

I would be happy to see it happening..