Oculus Quest Facebook account requirements to be removed

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Due to some legal trouble- most notably with a legal battle in Germany- Meta will be removing the requirement to have a Facebook account on the Oculus Quest headsets within the next year! Meta haters rejoice!

Reactions: Willgheminass

Willgheminass

The Ultimate Pink Lurker
Trophies
Website
rhylnzux.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
What I can't wait for is the eventual root method for the quest 2. I just got my quest 2 on the 1st of Nov. and I've been having a blast with it ever since. This is also great news, I cannot wait to not have to tie my device to FB anymore! (Now I can only imagine what using a Pimax is like...)

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
What I can't wait for is the eventual root method for the quest 2. I just got my quest 2 on the 1st of Nov. and I've been having a blast with it ever since. This is also great news, I cannot wait to not have to tie my device to FB anymore! (Now I can only imagine what using a Pimax is like...)
Welcome to the Virtual Reality

Unfortunately I don't see it getting rooted for a few years minimum

Reactions: Willgheminass

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So it will be replaced with a Meta account instead. . .

I'd imagine that will behave more like a Google account that can be used across many services. Makes more sense than using a "social media" platform as an account, I guess.

No matter the solution, they will still collect as much information from you as they can. So what's the difference? At least now those "hur-durr Facebook bad" people will be a bit quieter since they probably won't comprehend that.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4IZaq7.png

I'll believe it when I see it happen. As much as I want it to happen, I do not see Zuck allowing it to happen without a fight.

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: