Homebrew O3DS users who have tried the latest release of sysUpdater, PLEASE post your results here!

What were your results from downgrading?

• I downgraded to 9.2.0-20U successfully

Votes: 174 89.7%
  • I bricked my O3DS using the latest (0.4.2b) version of sysUpdater from TuxSH

Votes: 20 10.3%

• Total voters

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I had a bit of a sticky situation but I think I'm clear now. I will try install rxtools in a while to confirm.

Basically I finally managed to get sysupdater working.... I don't know if it was just luck or whether it happened to work on the attempt when I changed my bootscreen image in menuhax back to nothing. I was previously getting stuck on sysupdater, after several attempts I decided to change menuhax bootscreen.... when that failed with an can't get png size error.... i removed the default image.... and from the menuhax loader screen ran sysupdater.... this time it worked fine.........

Except I used 9.2 system update files with the pack from that iso site with some of the files removed, whitelist etc...

The system seemed to downgrade fine.... except when I got back to system menu I couldn't get into settings to check....it would just stay on the 3ds loading screen.....

I figured it must have been the update files.... so after loading homemenu hax again i tried with the FULL 9.2 o3ds files (from that iso site)

But I had problems loading the homebrew loader using various methods....SO I just used my cubic ninja to load homebrew... when back into sysupdater..... pressed downgrade.... and it basically just installed one file - can't remember the number and it seemed to work. When i go into system menu it shows 9.20-20e

I will try loading rxtools and see if all is well

qtfoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used Ironfall initially, stuck on step 7, rebooted and used menuhax, it went without a hitch.
From O3DS 9.9.0-26U to 9.2.0-20U.

Boots fine if I remove the SD card.
I proceeded to install my 3DS data on a different SD card and changed my theme to a basic color. From my original SD card: removed Ironfall and theme data used from home menu manager. I overwrote whatever was in the new SD card to my old SD. Now it boots up fine and all my games are here.

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Work perfectly.
I was already in 9.2 but because i'm very curious so i restore a 10.3 nand(dumped with hardmod) and downgraded again to 9.2
CFW run as always.

CptPotato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Old3DS running 10.3, using Menuhax as the entrypoint.

Just finished the downgrade. Surprisingly enough, it did it perfectly the first try, and kept all of my games and my NNID.

Last edited by CptPotato,

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgraded my O3DS from 9.9.0-26(U) to 9.2.0-20(U) successfully on the first try through Menuhax.

This was before @Steveice10 released the fixed sysupdater as well. Really lucked out since I don't have a Hardmod. :yay3ds:

Backed up my SysNAND straight away though, so now I can save things via a Hardmod in the future.

D

Deleted User

Worked! Anyone want me to post the link to the youtube video here or is that illegal?

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else erroring out trying to update emunand with RXtools?

This is probably a local issue on my end, but I thought I'd check as maybe it's due to massive traffic on nintendo's update servers or something.

Edit:
Tried using sysUpdater to move my emunand to 9.9 before trying again, and I'm still having issues.

Last edited by jaksy,

tehfogo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used the new Sysupdater on a JP O3DS running firmware 10.2. Was able to successfully downgrade to 9.2 and install an emunand partition with gateway red card. It took a couple of restarts before homemenuhax would launch it properly, but it eventually worked.

GreenXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bricked my o3ds :( I made sure to follow everything down to a tee, md5 checked all my files, downloaded all the correct cia files and used the newest version of sysupdater.

I tried at first with menuhax, it froze at step 8, so I rebooted and tried with ironhax. It got to press y and worked perfectly, then it started installing cia files and about 5 or 6 into the process it popped up red text that said failed to install cia, then went to a black screen that said there was an error, restart your system. So I did that and now I have double black screen with blue light, completely unresponsive to anything, can't boot into safe mode nothing.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else erroring out trying to update emunand with RXtools?
After downgrading I tried updating to 9.9 on emunand and tried updating again in settings still with errors.

This is probably a local issue on my end, but I thought I'd check as maybe it's due to massive traffic on nintendo's update servers or something.
N3ds? No way to update it afaik. The nintendo servers will push 10.3. You can't update emunand outside the system settings.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3ds? No way to update it afaik. The nintendo servers will push 10.3. You can't update emunand outside the system settings.
Old 3ds. Even though I've set up units properly before, I'm suspecting something may have gone screwy when I unlinked my nands.
The 3dnus tool stalls when I try to call a 10.3 U download as well, so I'm stuck with the 9.9 cias floating around till I figure this out.

Might just wipe my sd and try relinking/unlinking my nands cleanly again.

Edit: oh and SysUpdater can be run from emunand. It'll install updates to the nand it's running from as long as you aren't booting with firmlaunch.

Last edited by jaksy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol