Homebrew O3DS users who have tried the latest release of sysUpdater, PLEASE post your results here!

What were your results from downgrading?

• I downgraded to 9.2.0-20U successfully

Votes: 174 89.7%
  • I bricked my O3DS using the latest (0.4.2b) version of sysUpdater from TuxSH

Votes: 20 10.3%

• Total voters

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It didn't work for me in Ironhax (stuck in the #5 step) or in Homemenuhax (freezes and it won't let me press any button)

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Old 3ds. Even though I've set up units properly before, I'm suspecting something may have gone screwy when I unlinked my nands.
The 3dnus tool stalls when I try to call a 10.3 U download as well, so I'm stuck with the 9.9 cias floating around till I figure this out.

Might just wipe my sd and try relinking/unlinking my nands cleanly again.
Don't inject cias man. Emunand still has access to sysnand. Just use the emunand's system settings. If its an error on nintendo's end, I'd just wait it out.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't inject cias man. Emunand still has access to sysnand. Just use the emunand's system settings. If its an error on nintendo's end, I'd just wait it out.
How to use
  1. Install this app to your system.
    • It updates whatever NAND it is installed on. Installed on sysNAND for example it updates the build in NAND. Installed on emuNAND it updates emuNAND.

Using it from emunand is on the github instructions.

Edit: to be clear I'm talking about using sysupdater in emunand to update nand titles, not using fbi.

But even if you were running FBI deleting nand titles from emunand should only corrupt your emunand not your sysnand, assuming your nands are properly unlinked.

Last edited by jaksy,

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I assume you got everything to work; CTRBootManager (shown in this thread) ain't working for me. Either blackscreens or won't let me press any buttons to continue.

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Using it from emunand is on the github instructions.

Edit: to be clear I'm talking about using sysupdater in emunand to update nand titles, not using fbi.

But even if you were running FBI deleting nand titles from emunand should only corrupt your emunand not your sysnand, assuming your nands are properly unlinked.
I did think you were using fbi. Still, If youre on o3ds, I strongly suggest you upgrade to 10.3 via emunand system settings.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I assume you got everything to work; CTRBootManager (shown in this thread) ain't working for me. Either blackscreens or won't let me press any buttons to continue.
I used a custom boot.3dsx with the sole purpose of autolaunching rxtools. Got it a long time ago, so I couldn't tell you where to find it.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did think you were using fbi. Still, If youre on o3ds, I strongly suggest you upgrade to 10.3 via emunand system settings.
Apparently something did go wrong during unlinking my nands and my data restoration process.
I must have ended up restoring things in a very odd way.

My emunand had three connection settings all with tubehax dns OFF. It SHOULD HAVE defaulted to the third working connection without a DNS.
Despite me unlinking my nands, apparently some of these values were displaying incorrectly and were actually reading from sysnand where the DNS was on.
Despite these connections showing up as an unavailable different connection (a spoofed nintendozone), upon deleting these connections and rebooting my sysnand DNS ENABLED connection suddenly appeared filling up the just first slot I just cleared, showing it was somehow what was being used to connect all along.

After clearing this mysteriously hidden FOURTH connection (which was obviously the issue since it had the dns on), settings works fine to update.

TLDR: I'd say this is a case of user error, but how was I to know you could trigger queuing more connections underneath the 3 available in internet settings?
It's an unusual case.

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Apparently something did go wrong during unlinking my nands and my data restoration process.
I must have ended up restoring things in a very odd way.

My emunand had three connection settings all with tubehax dns OFF. Despite me unlinking my nands, apparently some of these values were displaying incorrectly and were actually reading from sysnand where the DNS was on.
Despite these connections showing up as an unavailable different connection (a spoofed nintendozone), upon deleting these connections and rebooting my sysnand DNS ENABLED connection suddenly appeared filling up the just first slot I just cleared, showing it was somehow what was being used to connect all along.

After clearing this mysteriously hidden FOURTH connection (which was obviously the issue since it had the dns on), settings works fine to update.

TLDR: I'd say this is a case of user error, but how was I to know you could trigger queuing more connections underneath the 3 available in internet settings?
It's an unusual case.
That is odd. Seems system settings share some values between nands. So you got it updated?

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Booting rxMode emuNAND just gives me a black screen so far. Kinda worrying. Gonna go take a shower and see if it loads by then, because it's taken a while.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is odd. Seems system settings share some values between nands. So you got it updated?
It shares values when they are linked.
Somewhere in my unlinking process I must have misaligned a step recopying some values from my sysnand to emunand, creating a fourth internet connection that only made itself visible after I deleted my harmless two nintendozone spoofs and my one connection which should have worked.

I'd say it might have just overwrote values and was showing the wrong info on my connections, but there were actually 4 connections in those 3 slots, so something went real screwy.
But yeah, all's clear and updating fine here.

Reactions: WeedZ

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't get browserhax to work on o3ds 9.2 no matter what I do. Tried initalizing data, etc, over 30 tries later.. Not sure what to do to get into homebrew. Wondering if anyone has gotten past this on o3ds.

Last edited by Acryt,

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't get browserhax to work on o3ds 9.2 no matter what I do. Tried initalizing data, etc, over 30 tries later.. Not sure what to do to get into homebrew. Wondering if anyone has gotten past this on o3ds.
I believe you can still launch the go.gateway-3ds link and Launcher.dat (this uses the browser but is nearly 100% at launching compared to browserhax) to downgrade to 4.x/6.x which would have a low enough mset that you can just install RXtools (with a DS mode flashcart) and launch it through the mset exploit.
There's probably an easier way that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...stall-cfw-without-owning-gateway-card.378256/ Kinda outdated..

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/ Kinda way too in depth.

Last edited by jaksy,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Successful Homehax from 9.9U. Black screen and no reboot. Manuel reboot after couple of mins. Had to take SD card out or maybe I was just being impatient.

Now left overwhelmed on what to do next.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Successful Homehax from 9.9U. Black screen and no reboot. Manuel reboot after couple of mins. Had to take SD card out or maybe I was just being impatient.

Now left overwhelmed on what to do next.
Restore entrypoints to homebrew through browserhax.
Install themehax/homemenuhax.
Install ctrbootmanager.
Backup nand, create an emunand with the gateway launcher tool, restore nand, and unlink nands if desired.
Install ctrbootmanager to launch rxtools which boots emunand without signature checks.
Boot into HB from emunand and install FBI to emunand so you can easily install cia files.
Install cia files to have games on emunand.
Play dem.
Update emunand if desired. Only considered safe if nands are unlinked and done through system settings directly being booted into from emunand.

Last edited by jaksy,
Reactions: KingVamp

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Last edited by SoyAlexPop,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still trying to recover One save, otherwise all is well (both times went fine just first time i ended up w/ 9.0 the second time on track to 9.2) [o3DS USA]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.