Hacking o3ds Unable to load TWL or Extended Ram Games.

Zm1231

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old story Short My friends old 3ds already had a9lh installed and he was unable to play any DS games or run any Extended ram games (Smash) so he thought he would fix it. He ended up bricking he o3ds and neither I or him had a nand backup. I managed to get his o3ds working again by using the ctrtransfer 9.2 image from the guide so he is now back to 11.2 with a9lh and his o3ds is working again the only problem is he is still unable to play twl games or extended ram games. Turning on Lumas Errdis shows a svcbreak (see the Attached Picture)

I followed the wiki on Aurorawrights github for luma to fix the black screen issue but using the files in the post FBI gives me an error saying its already installed then it bricks the 3ds and i have to restore a nand backup. Even if i grab a clean version of homemenu and the NS Module from NUS and try to install it i get the same error message

EDIT:
I have not installed any patched system module everything should be clean
homemenu (Should have been updated by system update from 9.2 to 11.2 so should be clean)
NS Module (Should have been updated by system update from 9.2 to 11.2 so should be clean)
TWL Firm
AGB Firm

If i put luma 6.3.1 on the SD Card i can boot extended ram and nds games but using the latest version of luma i am unable to get these to work

Attachments

• 20161228_223603.jpg
    20161228_223603.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 336
Last edited by Zm1231,

limpbiz411

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats because if you follow the guide perfectly, you wont be able to play NDS games. I recently downgraded and installed a9lh on latest update with luma on 2 3ds's and both 3ds's played nds just fine before i did this. After i followed the guide perfectly twice, my nds mode is bricked. Someone needs to fix that guide because its broken somewhere. I tried all the fixes suggested and nothing works.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Old story Short My friends old 3ds already had a9lh installed and he was unable to play any DS games or run any Extended ram games (Smash) so he thought he would fix it. He ended up bricking he o3ds and neither I or him had a nand backup. I managed to get his o3ds working again by using the ctrtransfer 9.2 image from the guide so he is now back to 11.2 with a9lh and his o3ds is working again the only problem is he is still unable to play twl games or extended ram games. Turning on Lumas Errdis shows a svcbreak (see the Attached Picture)

I followed the wiki on Aurorawrights github for luma to fix the black screen issue but using the files in the post FBI gives me an error saying its already installed then it bricks the 3ds and i have to restore a nand backup. Even if i grab a clean version of homemenu and the NS Module from NUS and try to install it i get the same error message

EDIT:
I have not installed any patched system module everything should be clean
homemenu (Should have been updated by system update from 9.2 to 11.2 so should be clean)
NS Module (Should have been updated by system update from 9.2 to 11.2 so should be clean)
TWL Firm
AGB Firm

If i put luma 6.3.1 on the SD Card i can boot extended ram and nds games but using the latest version of luma i am unable to get these to work
Are you using a boot manager or boot animation? If so that's the problem.

Zm1231

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to finally fix my issue. What i did was i reinstalled everything related to TWL and AGB to make sure all those where clean. Next i replaced my luma arm9loadhax.bin with a clean one from the github page i think i had it patched for path changed and forgot all about it no everything works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill